The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Did they really play at the super bowl???

I've heard that in 1992 Mick, John, Billy and Rick played at the Super Bowl. First of all is that true, cause if it is I'm SHOCKED. How did this line up get to play the Superbowl while not once while they were superstars were they asked. And what did they play. It's one thing that this post BTM pre Time line up has over all over line ups, they playe din the super bowl.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

It was for the pre game show, not half time. Christine was there too, the only thing they showed them playing was "Say you love me" but during the next segment I could hear them playing "World turning" underneath whoever it was they were interviewing. Hope that helps.

John
Old 02-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have that video. Christine dedicated the song to Dennis & Angela Byrd. Does anyone know who that is? I've always wondered.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
It was for the pre game show, not half time. Christine was there too, the only thing they showed them playing was "Say you love me" but during the next segment I could hear them playing "World turning" underneath whoever it was they were interviewing. Hope that helps.
christine looked great in shades, but the broadcast cut away from the performance to an ad for the new box set, thus providing that ubiquitous element of Fleetwood Mac marketing itself in all conditions!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
christine looked great in shades, but the broadcast cut away from the performance to an ad for the new box set, thus providing that ubiquitous element of Fleetwood Mac marketing itself in all conditions!

yeah, I saw that and got a bit of it on tape as well. They all looked great.... Chris in those shades, she was stunningly hot. I wonder if I even know where my tape of that is?? I haven't seen that in ages.

-Lis
Old 02-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I have that video. Christine dedicated the song to Dennis & Angela Byrd. Does anyone know who that is? I've always wondered.
I'm not big on football so I don't know if this is right or not but it might've been a player for one of the teams that was in the bowl that year that was injured and couldn't play in the game and the clips showed him with his wife I think in the corner for a second during the performance. I doubt Christine follows it either so I assume that was something she was told to say but who knows?

John
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
I'm not big on football so I don't know if this is right or not but it might've been a player for one of the teams that was in the bowl that year that was injured and couldn't play in the game and the clips showed him with his wife I think in the corner for a second during the performance. I doubt Christine follows it either so I assume that was something she was told to say but who knows?

John
I think I may remember now. I believe there was a Jets player who had been injured & had been temporarily paralyzed, don't remember exactly when. I think his name was Dennis Byrd. That could be who Chris was referring to. I highly doubt that Christine McVie is an NFL fan. She did look very cool in shades though.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I've heard that in 1992 Mick, John, Billy and Rick played at the Super Bowl. First of all is that true, cause if it is I'm SHOCKED. How did this line up get to play the Superbowl while not once while they were superstars were they asked. And what did they play. It's one thing that this post BTM pre Time line up has over all over line ups, they playe din the super bowl.
And, it was just a matter of DAYS after the "fireflies" played Clinton's Inauguration.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post

John
I think this was the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ipz8n7sfA