User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Honestly, I don't think she'd post about him or if asked for comment, she'd decline. I really think she can't stand him.
Surely you just. You think if he DIED she would decline to comment!? Omg
Old 05-25-2023, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Surely you just. You think if he DIED she would decline to comment!? Omg
They'd never get her to shut up about it.
Old 05-25-2023, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
How do you get yourself in the news? Attach yourself to the biggest tour of the summer.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/24/enter...ong/index.html
some time this week the news broke about Taylor potentially becoming the first entertainer/musician to become a billionaire (or something like that?) with this tour. one of the thoughts that occurred to me - let's count the hours till Stevie Nicks finds somethin to attach herself to Taylor's fame and success (something like Taylor is following in her footsteps or such), and it took only a few days till this thread showed up.

like we discussed in one of the other threads, unlike the rest of the Mac singer/songwriters, the woman is amazing in jumping on the chances making sure to advertise herself in any way possible!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-25-2023, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some time this week the news broke about Taylor potentially becoming the first entertainer/musician to become a billionaire (or something like that?) with this tour. one of the thoughts that occurred to me - let's count the hours till Stevie Nicks finds somethin to attach herself to Taylor's fame and success (something like Taylor is following in her footsteps or such), and it took only a few days till this thread showed up.

like we discussed in one of the other threads, unlike the rest of the Mac singer/songwriters, the woman is amazing in jumping on the chances making sure to advertise herself in any way possible!
Taylor totally owes her career to Stevie!

My god, ANYONE can see that!
Old 05-25-2023, 11:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think it’s actually a bit sad now that Stevie really is not capable of communicating about her friends who have passed on, people she admires like RBG, or a tragedy like Uvalde without centering herself in the story. It’s clear she doesn’t even see how odd it truly is. I don’t think she means any harm by it, but it just feels very sad to me to be that out of touch with life outside your own persona. The Uvalde statement was well meaning, but, hoo boy, it sure did take her a long time to mention the kids or anyone except herself.

Stevie remains very talented at attaching herself to current trends and boosting her celebrity that way. She probably didn’t really need to do that kind of thing before Street Angel, but since then, she’s made a point to connect herself to the younger generations (Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, Courtney Love, Vanessa Carlton, Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Haim etc. etc.). The quality of Stevie’s best songs and the persona she carved out for herself are timeless and she will always find younger artists who will include her.

I would be VERY surprised if Stevie is silent about Lindsey, if that comes to pass. I would expect an emotional statement centered on herself that somewhat ignores the sad and petty end to their musical partnership. I don’t think either Stevie or Lindsey has conducted themselves all that well over the course of their 60+ year relationship so I expect she has a lot of negative feelings towards him. But losing him would be losing a big part of her own story, which she would mourn.
Old 05-26-2023, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I think it’s actually a bit sad now that Stevie really is not capable of communicating about her friends who have passed on, people she admires like RBG, or a tragedy like Uvalde without centering herself in the story. It’s clear she doesn’t even see how odd it truly is. I don’t think she means any harm by it, but it just feels very sad to me to be that out of touch with life outside your own persona. The Uvalde statement was well meaning, but, hoo boy, it sure did take her a long time to mention the kids or anyone except herself.

Stevie remains very talented at attaching herself to current trends and boosting her celebrity that way. She probably didn’t really need to do that kind of thing before Street Angel, but since then, she’s made a point to connect herself to the younger generations (Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, Courtney Love, Vanessa Carlton, Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Haim etc. etc.). The quality of Stevie’s best songs and the persona she carved out for herself are timeless and she will always find younger artists who will include her.

I would be VERY surprised if Stevie is silent about Lindsey, if that comes to pass. I would expect an emotional statement centered on herself that somewhat ignores the sad and petty end to their musical partnership. I don’t think either Stevie or Lindsey has conducted themselves all that well over the course of their 60+ year relationship so I expect she has a lot of negative feelings towards him. But losing him would be losing a big part of her own story, which she would mourn.
Well said. I think this is what happens with someone whose world revolves completely around themself. She has nobody around her who would dare tell her that her statement(s) are coming off in more of a self-serving way. She has surrounded herself with yes-men whose livelihood depends on Stevie. I truly believe the major shift toward the extreme self-absorbed Stevie (let’s face it most people of her ilk are pretty self centered and egotistical regardless) happened after her Mom died. I think her parents kept her grounded to some degree. I would agree that her Uvalde statement was likely well intended but it’s ALL ABOUT HER.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh no!! Stevie's best friend.
Haha, like her "best friend in the whole world" Christine, who she hadn't spoken to in three years, since the last tour.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Haha, like her "best friend in the whole world" Christine, who she hadn't spoken to in three years, since the last tour.
She and Prince spoke all the time on the phone.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She and Prince spoke all the time on the phone.
They were besties
Old 05-26-2023, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to open this can of worms, but it comes to mind given the conversation. It just goes to show that she probably had/has no idea the implications of what she did to Lindsey in terms of the bigger picture (legacy of the band, ending on a good note etc) She's so self absorbed that it probably didn't even cross her mind that the tour could very well be their last, even if they hadn't planned on it. The difficult spot it put the rest of the band in wasn't even on her radar for a minute. It was a self absorbed tantrum absent of any consideration for the dust it kicked up or what it meant for anyone else in the band.

Last edited by BigAl84; 05-26-2023 at 09:07 AM..
Old 05-26-2023, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And what a friend! one that sh*ts on the project that literally every other member of the band is working on together. I bet Christine thought, "Well that's the baby sister...being a baby sister"
Old 05-26-2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
And what a friend! one that sh*ts on the project that literally every other member of the band is working on together. I bet Christine thought, "Well that's the baby sister...being a baby sister"
She was very vocal in supporting the BuckVie project!
Old 05-26-2023, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s a 3 paragraph tribute to herself with a paragraph about Uvalde tacked onto the end. The big dramatic “I got to grow up to be Stevie Nicks”. Lindsey’s assessment was spot on, she’s way preoccupied with being Stevie Nicks.

It’s true. The rate in which the cheese has slid off the ritz has really accelerated since the death of her mother. The only person that kept her in this stratosphere.
so true
Old 05-26-2023, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was very vocal in supporting the BuckVie project!
If only she could’ve understood their premise
Old 05-26-2023, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If only she could’ve understood their premise
She was too busy looking at herself in the mirror.