Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Oh no can we not mention her name.

Ha haa, nice try. She is so mentioned, even in threads that have nothing to do with her, that I think this obsession means they actually still adore her even more than before.

That being said, and since you love her so much, you'll be happy when you hear that a Stevie song has been included on the golden record of the new Voyager III mission. As you know, this is the new version of the record that contains sounds and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture on Earth, and are intended for any intelligent extraterrestrial life form who may find them.

What better than having Stevie Nicks as an interstellar ambassador for planet Earth, don't you think?

Old 05-24-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Tina Turner has died maybe Stevie can focus on doing a "tribute" instead of trying to latch on to Taylor.
Oh no!! Stevie's best friend.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yeah ..that and she can bring up her own 2 RRHOF inductions by mentioning Tina's in the tribute.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah ..that and she can bring up her own 2 RRHOF inductions by mentioning Tina's in the tribute.
It's funny, but really it isn't. And may Tina RIP. What a beautiful legend she was.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol it was released before Chris died so safe to say Stevie and Chris weren’t even a thought when Taylor wrote it. This would just be Stevie trying to remain relevant with the TikTok crowd. She’s truly a nut
She really is nuttier than a fruit cake.

It's truly AMAZING that she went anywhere in life, being such a ditz. I guess she's lucky that she was hot, and all the powerful men wanted to f*ck her.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just about spit out my beer, reading this.

Remember when Tina and Prince collaborated with her?
Old 05-24-2023, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Ha haa, nice try. She is so mentioned, even in threads that have nothing to do with her, that I think this obsession means they actually still adore her even more than before.

That being said, and since you love her so much, you'll be happy when you hear that a Stevie song has been included on the golden record of the new Voyager III mission. As you know, this is the new version of the record that contains sounds and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture on Earth, and are intended for any intelligent extraterrestrial life form who may find them.

What better than having Stevie Nicks as an interstellar ambassador for planet Earth, don't you think?

I was referring to Vanessa Carlton in my post.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She really is nuttier than a fruit cake.

It's truly AMAZING that she went anywhere in life, being such a ditz. I guess she's lucky that she was hot, and all the powerful men wanted to f*ck her.
I was going to make a crude comment about the power of a certain female body part but it was probably not the right thing to put out there. That said…
Old 05-24-2023, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bahahahaha I’m dead 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 05-24-2023, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Oh my gosh, that’s cray. I bet everyone in that crowd thought Taylor wrote Stevie a song. I mean, that’s what I thought!

Edit: Why can’t Stevie just say, “Taylor Swift wrote a beautiful song a few years ago that really means a lot to me, especially since my bandmate Christine died”?
Because she’s completely insane! Ever since her mother died and then she tossed LB out of her orbit, nobody around her will tell her to STFU and knock it off.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I just about spit out my beer, reading this.

Remember when Tina and Prince collaborated with her?
Her and Tina commiserated over being in abusive relationships with powerful men. Didn’t you know?

Also - Tina sang “The Best” - a song written for Stevie. Duh
Old 05-24-2023, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her and Tina commiserated over being in abusive relationships with powerful men. Didn’t you know?

Also - Tina sang “The Best” - a song written for Stevie. Duh
I read where Stevie said that Tina wrote all of her songs for her.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tina Turner has died maybe Stevie can focus on doing a "tribute" instead of trying to latch on to Taylor.
I was thinking she would dedicate Landslide to Tina after she finishes the song tomorrow night in Orlando but I think that would take the tribute away from Christine especially since there are all pictures of Chris on the screen during the performance.

I'm pretty sure Stevie will post a letter about Tina on her social media. She posted a really beautiful one today about the one year since Uvalde. She mentions Lindsey in it too. It was really well written.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I'm pretty sure Stevie will post a letter about Tina on her social media. She posted a really beautiful one today about the one year since Uvalde. She mentions Lindsey in it too. It was really well written.
She already has and as predicted it mentions that she and Tina are the only women inducted twice in the RRHOF.

Old 05-24-2023, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The CNN posted article is only a fraction of what Stevie had to say. Besides stating she was not "phone buddies" with Chris (which tells you they only spoke inside the band), she claims that her and Chris never had a fight.
C'mon Stevie, everyone has had a fight in Fleetwood Mac. In 1984 Chris went on the record stating that Stevie "really had her feet on the ground 10 years ago but today she has created a fantasy world that I am not part of." Then she went on to say that they dont or rarely socialize.
No doubt Chris was a mentor to Stevie. Being two women in a band in a man's world kept them close. However they were not friends. Chris was definitely friends with Mick and John and probably Lindsey too. Of all members of Fleetwood Mac, Stevie was probably the least social with Chris.
Before the flames come out. I am not doubting Stevie's grief. They seemed not to be friends. Friends hang out. Friends ARE phone buddies.