Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2023, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rumours 46 Years Today and Lindsey Today

Rumours was released 46 years ago today, February 4, 1977. Today, the first member of the band to acknowledge its anniversary was Lindsey. Interpret his post through your own lenses and experiences.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoPq4MXKspF/?hl=en

Last edited by John Run; 02-04-2023 at 11:34 AM..
Old 02-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Rumours was released 46 years ago today, February 4, 1977. Today, the first member of the band to acknowledge its anniversary was Lindsey. Interpret his post through your own lenses and experiences.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoPq4MXKspF/?hl=en
He definitely meant Rumours is more loved now than ever before.

I also think today is five years since MusiCares!
Old 02-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I saw this today on Lindsey's twitter and was going to post but Rumours has been dissected to death around here. Not much more to say. I do agree the 5 year anniversary of MusicCares is almost as newsworthy in changing the band's swansong into a dysfunctional smelly turd.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My post has little intention in dissecting Rumours again. (which is brilliant in infinite ways) It was more intended to spark discussion on Lindsey’s softening and intention behind his social media post.

Lindsey spent years publicly running from Rumours. On its most recent anniversary, post a coming together of the four remaining living band members, he was the one to publicly write how much love there is for this work and how strong that love is today. Immediately followed by likes and posts by his two daughters.

The man who spent years trying to run from this album and it’s pop success,
as he wanted to build independent credibility, and Rolling Stone once called “the angriest dog in rock” has come home to its brilliance, societal significance, and its indelible mark on everything he has today.

In my opinion, he yearns that the last public incarnation of Fleetwood Mac include his name. It matters to him. The songs that shaped how so many of us hear music and would never have sounded as they did without him, define his legacy both publicly, and yes, privately. I believe he is driven to be known and documented as the last guitar player to play in Fleetwood Mac even if it is one song, one night.

Last edited by John Run; 02-05-2023 at 07:56 AM..
Old 02-05-2023, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My post has little intention in dissecting Rumours again. (which is brilliant in infinite ways) It was more intended to spark discussion on Lindsey’s softening and intention behind his social media post.

Lindsey spent years publicly running from Rumours. On its most recent anniversary, post a coming together of the four remaining living band members, he was the one to publicly write how much love there is for this work and how strong that love is today. Immediately followed by likes and posts by his two daughters.

as he wanted to build independent credibility, and Rolling Stone once called “the angriest dog in rock” has come home to its brilliance, societal significance, and its indelible mark on everything he has today.

In my opinion, he yearns that the last public incarnation of Fleetwood Mac include his name. It matters to him. The songs that shaped how so many of us hear music and would never have sounded as they did without him, define his legacy both publicly, and yes, privately. I believe he is driven to be known and documented as the last guitar player to play in Fleetwood Mac even if it is one song, one night.
You're right. But you know what, to this day, when people post pictures of Fleetwood Mac, they're not posting pictures of the Finn/Mike lineup. Or t-shirts in stores don't have Mike and Neil on them. The pictures are of the 75 lineup. That 2018 lineup never even had a live album or dvd. 2018 was a one time deal. In my view, it's like Eagles now: Eagles are Don, Joe, and Timothy with Deacon and Vince. I know Neil and Mike are listed as members of FM but there's no really no difference. Vince sings the same amount of songs that Neil sang, and maybe more. So 2018 FM to me was Mick, John, Chris, Stevie with Neil and Mike.

Mick's restaurant in Hawaii has no photos of the 2018 lineup but plenty of 1975 lineup. And most importantly, Fleetwood Mac hasn't released a new song since 2013, a song which Lindsey was on.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

In honor of groundhog day, this would be nearly the same as the first time it happened. See- Bob Welch.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
You're right. But you know what, to this day, when people post pictures of Fleetwood Mac, they're not posting pictures of the Finn/Mike lineup. Or t-shirts in stores don't have Mike and Neil on them. The pictures are of the 75 lineup. That 2018 lineup never even had a live album or dvd. 2018 was a one time deal. In my view, it's like Eagles now: Eagles are Don, Joe, and Timothy with Deacon and Vince. I know Neil and Mike are listed as members of FM but there's no really no difference. Vince sings the same amount of songs that Neil sang, and maybe more. So 2018 FM to me was Mick, John, Chris, Stevie with Neil and Mike.

Mick's restaurant in Hawaii has no photos of the 2018 lineup but plenty of 1975 lineup. And most importantly, Fleetwood Mac hasn't released a new song since 2013, a song which Lindsey was on.
Deacon left The Eagles some time back.

We knew 2018 was Fakewood Mac. We knew it then, and we know it now.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Here's video of Deacon with Eagles a couple months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCC69XKLFFs

He also wasn't an Eagle... he was a "with"
Old 02-05-2023, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

We knew 2018 was Fakewood Mac. We knew it then, and we know it now.
LOL Christine McVie wasn’t in Fleetwood Mac in 2018?

Alright, fine, I’m ok being the only person here who says Christine, John, Mick, and Stevie were Fleetwood Mac in 2018. Last person standing LOL

Now refresh my memory, was it Fakewood Mac when Lindsey, Stevie, John, and Mick toured between 2000-2013 or whenever? I can never keep it straight, all the conditions which make it Fleetwood Mac vs Fakewood Mac.

I think if someone quits the band right before a tour, it’s still FM, unless they weren’t allowed to record but didn’t want to tour? Or if they were fired, then it’s not Fleetwood Mac. Which means when Bob Weston was fired, they were no longer Fleetwood Mac?
Old 02-05-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Alright, fine, I’m ok being the only person here who says Christine, John, Mick, and Stevie were Fleetwood Mac in 2018. Last person standing LOL
Are Neil and Mike members of Fleetwood Mac? Their live versions of 75-87 songs sounded like the records to me. Didn't Lindsey ruin all of the band's songs with his playing and arrangements?

They could have re-recorded the songs to sound like Mike and Neil. They had plenty of time before the tour to do that too.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are Neil and Mike members of Fleetwood Mac? Their live versions of 75-87 songs sounded like the records to me. Didn't Lindsey ruin all of the band's songs with his playing and arrangements?

They could have re-recorded the songs to sound like Mike and Neil. They had plenty of time before the tour to do that too.
I’d say Fleetwood Mac as a group doesn’t exist anymore, primarily because Christine has died.

But I do know that I saw Fleetwood Mac on their last tour in 2019- Christine was there, and Mick was there, and Stevie was there, and John was there just like Dorothy at the end of the Wizard of Oz LOL!

Sure they sang cover songs- Go Insane and Stand Back, whoops I mean Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Falling. Darn it, I guess between those four songs and Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter, well cover songs aren’t entirely new to any incarnation of FM.

UnwindedDreams, please post what you think of the tribute to Christine when it airs, I’m looking forward to hearing what people think.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Heck no! Well, Lindsey might have ruined Never Going Back Again, but other than that, heck no!
Old 02-05-2023, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's video of Deacon with Eagles a couple months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCC69XKLFFs

He also wasn't an Eagle... he was a "with"
I'm quite well aware that he was a with.

He officially left the band April 6th of last year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230205-132358_Google.jpg (96.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-05-2023, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL Christine McVie wasn’t in Fleetwood Mac in 2018?

Now refresh my memory, was it Fakewood Mac when Lindsey, Stevie, John, and Mick toured between 2000-2013 or whenever? I can never keep it straight, all the conditions which make it Fleetwood Mac vs Fakewood Mac.

I think if someone quits the band right before a tour, it’s still FM, unless they weren’t allowed to record but didn’t want to tour? Or if they were fired, then it’s not Fleetwood Mac. Which means when Bob Weston was fired, they were no longer Fleetwood Mac?
Mike and Neil weren't members. Only fulfilling tour obligations.
Old 02-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I’d say Fleetwood Mac as a group doesn’t exist anymore, primarily because Christine has died.

But I do know that I saw Fleetwood Mac on their last tour in 2019- Christine was there, and Mick was there, and Stevie was there, and John was there just like Dorothy at the end of the Wizard of Oz LOL!

Sure they sang cover songs- Go Insane and Stand Back, whoops I mean Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Falling. Darn it, I guess between those four songs and Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter, well cover songs aren’t entirely new to any incarnation of FM.

UnwindedDreams, please post what you think of the tribute to Christine when it airs, I’m looking forward to hearing what people think.
You forget the context. This was not a band on the upswing or many years of viability left. Many speculated the 2018 tour would be their last because of their age and it surely looks that way. John barely made it through the 2018 tour after cancer treatment.
So your analogies of Lindsey, Stevie, or Christine leaving voluntarily many moons ago cant relate to 2018. The On With The Show 2014-2015 tour shocked the world and their was renewed interest in the band. It was their most successful world tour ever. It prompted speculation of a final album and tour. Soon the final album was in doubt and then the final tour was almost in doubt because of the unhappiness of one member. We know why Bob Weston was fired but we still dont know why Lindsey was fired. For months the story kept changing. Then finally it was revealed Stevie's manager told the band she was never going to share a stage with Lindsey again. Oh no! A world tour was already booked. What could they do? Tens of millions was at stake. Their solution was to hire replacements for the tour. Few believed Mick when they said they were permanent members. Half a decade later, they have never recorded together or appeared on the same stage again. Now a pivotal member has died and John will never tour again.
You cant put the genie back in the bottle. Was it really worth it for their swansong and final act? Its probably the dumbest firing in rock history. You have one last tour and instead of a farewell tour its Fakewood Mac. Thanks $tevie.
Stevie and Lindsey dont even see eachother on tour except on stage. They have went through lots of drama for decades. What changed? I dont find it a coincidence the band went on without her in the studio. No doubt this jealousy was too much for Stevie to take. It renewed her rage at Lindsey in a new light. For the first time ever, the band did not wait for her. It drove her nuts. I would bet my life if there was no Buck/Vie album, the tour would have resumed with Lindsey without incident.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-05-2023 at 03:19 PM..