The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
I never mind, so long as the torture and killing stays outdoors
Yes, I wish it had been that way as well.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
*shudder* Sometimes I'm thankful that I'm allergic to cats

I house sat a couple of years ago for people with a couple of cats. This house was in the middle of nowhere...but they insisted on letting their cats out.

All was well and good until bunny carcasses started being left on the doorstep. Once those were removed (by a neighbor I called) they'd bring the heads and leave those on the doorstep.

Cats are scary
That's awesome... Mind you, I had to finish off a mortally-wounded bunny once - the cat lost interest in the murder when I turned up - not something I need to repeat

And yeah, indoors, it all becomes a lot less great - in fact I'd forgotten how really unfunny it is to find dead animals in your house
Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh. Vet just called - another dog has to have surgery tomorrow and the next open apointment is Thursday morning...so that's now when I'm taking Clancy.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ugh. Vet just called - another dog has to have surgery tomorrow and the next open apointment is Thursday morning...so that's now when I'm taking Clancy.
that sucks.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
boo. that sucks.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
If anyone was in any doubt that cats are killing machines straight from hell... this is Puss, engaging in a bit of murderous frenzy a very very long time ago. It's not as sharp as it might be, but it was back in the dark ages, with a Russian camera - and there's obviously a bit of movement going on there And the mouse didn't make it

oh dear god
Old 01-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That, is bool****! The vet should MAKE the extra time.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Bubba had issues a few weeks ago, but that was because he ate a bag of coconut that he snagged while I was baking. I freaked out, but couldn't find anything on the net about it being toxic to dogs. Turns out, it just makes them poo. A lot. For a long time.
It amazes and humors me what Bubba eats. Why does he eat stuff like that? Didn't you say he ate a glove once? Poor thing is gonna hurt himself one day. Silly dog!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That, is bool****! The vet should MAKE the extra time.
Yeah - I was not happy - but when I described Clancy's issues they didn't think they were serious...the fact that the bump itches, they say, is a good sign.

And her tummy is better...so I'm trying not to be too pissed about it - though a part of me wanted to up and just go to another vet....but I liked the place the first time I went...so I'll wait.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1769 View Post
It amazes and humors me what Bubba eats. Why does he eat stuff like that? Didn't you say he ate a glove once? Poor thing is gonna hurt himself one day. Silly dog!
YOU'RE amazed? How do you think I feel? Yes, it was a pair, actually. Isotoner leather driving gloves. Took weeks for those to come out, what a pain in the ass that was.

The thing is, we've had him for just over 2 years, and he was always left alone in the house while we're at work. The first year - nothing. No eating stuff, no chewing on anything. He never had accidents in the house & didn't counter surf. Last Christmas was the first incident (the gloves - wrapped, mind you.) It was also at that time that he tried to eat a 22oz Yankee Candle - thank God he didn't hurt himself, the glass broke & he got scared & left it alone after that.

Now I try to be really careful - nothing left on the floor, no food out - I even had the Christmas gifts locked in the attic this year. Yet, he still manages to get stuff. Usually it's paper, or envelopes, or cardboard (oddly enough, there's newspapers on the floor daily, and I wouldn't care if he got to those. But he never does.)

But last week he somehow got Mark's checkbook off the table (it was underneath a bunch of other stuff) and ate it. All the checks & the register - gone. I was blaming the new cat for being his partner in crime (knocking stuff off of tables & counters) but now I don't know. The dog's obviously a genius of stupidity. I've talked to his trainer & she's amazed that he's started doing this stuff at age 8.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was also at that time that he tried to eat a 22oz Yankee Candle
Whoa!

Quote:
& didn't counter surf.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok. Took Clancy to the vet this morning. She's ok. The vet was impressed by her teeth - said they are amazing for an 11 year old dog

The lump had bacteria in it. He thinks it's a cyst...so he gave me an ointment and I'm to do two hot compresses on it each day - he's hoping it'll shrink or rupture (ew). So if it gets bigger I'm to take her back, if not then he still wants to see her again, just not as soon...

The tummy issues, he wasn't even concerned with - when I explained the whole situation he said it just sounded like stress/bad food....so I've done the right thing by changing her feed - and the traveling is over....and she's is more regulated now.

That's the update...I'm very relieved.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok. Took Clancy to the vet this morning. She's ok. The vet was impressed by her teeth - said they are amazing for an 11 year old dog

The lump had bacteria in it. He thinks it's a cyst...so he gave me an ointment and I'm to do two hot compresses on it each day - he's hoping it'll shrink or rupture (ew). So if it gets bigger I'm to take her back, if not then he still wants to see her again, just not as soon...

The tummy issues, he wasn't even concerned with - when I explained the whole situation he said it just sounded like stress/bad food....so I've done the right thing by changing her feed - and the traveling is over....and she's is more regulated now.

I am SO glad to hear this, D and thank you so much for the update!!! I'm glad your little moo is o.k. !!!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ That's good news!

My friend John's dog used to get those mouth cysts a lot.

Update on the damage from my houseguest: My boss sent me a $100 Southwest Airlines gift card, from the dog.

"Thanks a lot for letting me stay with you. Sorry about the blinds, but I have a thing about feeling abandoned. Know a good dog psychologist?"
Old 01-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1769 View Post
Whoa!
I know. I felt so guilty, thank God he didn't hurt himself. Big dummy.

Quote:

That's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
^^^ That's good news!

My friend John's dog used to get those mouth cysts a lot.

Update on the damage from my houseguest: My boss sent me a $100 Southwest Airlines gift card, from the dog.

"Thanks a lot for letting me stay with you. Sorry about the blinds, but I have a thing about feeling abandoned. Know a good dog psychologist?"
Aw. That's cute. And score on the SW gift card.