The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I most likely wouldn't buy a BTM reissue. It would have to be really cheap. I've not listened to it for years. I like maybe 5 songs on it, and the rest are filler.

SYW is exactly the same. Filler.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

SYW is exactly the same. Filler.
Do you like Murrow, Steal Your Heart, or Red Rover?
Old 02-14-2021, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Do you like Murrow, Steal Your Heart, or Red Rover?
Without a track listing in front of me...I like
WTWCT
Steal Your Heart
Miranda
Thrown Down
Bleed
Peacekeeper
Everybody Finds Out
Old 02-14-2021, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Good stuff. I like Say Goodbye live better. My problem with BTM is the sound is so predictable to me. I don't hear rock when I listen to it and even when guitar is highlighted it feels lost in a lame 1985 keys sound. With SYW, I feel like I get a surprise with each track. Stevie's vocals are on fire across SYW too.

I don't understand the BTM cover. Wish I did.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
^ Good stuff. I like Say Goodbye live better. My problem with BTM is the sound is so predictable to me. I don't hear rock when I listen to it and even when guitar is highlighted it feels lost in a lame 1985 keys sound. With SYW, I feel like I get a surprise with each track. Stevie's vocals are on fire across SYW too.

I don't understand the BTM cover. Wish I did.
I always felt the Behind the Mask cover was a bit random. I get the band didn't want to appear on the front cover- probably for commercial reasons as they wanted to deflect from Lindsey's absence. However, I just never really appreciated the image.

However, when you look into other photo-art from the photographer Doy Gorton, it's much easier to appreciate his work. His compositions are great and the colours are really rich.

https://dgorton.com/portfolio.html

He later produced an album cover for a country singer- Patty Loveless (Mountain Soul). The image used was an almost exact copy of the Behind the Mask composition:

https://dgorton.com/

I now quite like the Behind the Mask image. However, I think it would have come across better had they cropped it square and covered the entire album cover. As it is, the smaller rectangular image on the background with separate text looks a bit tacky.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-17-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Behind the Mask in retrospect, was a glass half full type of album, but I always did like the cover and felt it was a creative way to represent the band. I also really liked the album in 1990 and the concert was awesome at the time. Nicks was in fabulous voice and the band was tight with slightly less backstage help. I agree that it would have had a better effect if they left off the mustardy border. But otherwise, I like it, and the band pictures are also great and promote the mask theme. Too bad the music wasn't of a higher standard overall.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm. . . Behind the Mask. Box set? I guess I’d listen to it or buy it first and then listen to it. Or listen to it on Spotify. Or listen to parts of it, at any rate.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2021, 05:28 AM
Ledgie

I think that if they're going to bother to do a deluxe version of the 1980 Live album then they're going to get around to a deluxe Behind The Mask at some point.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
I think that if they're going to bother to do a deluxe version of the 1980 Live album then they're going to get around to a deluxe Behind The Mask at some point.
No they won't. It's not the Rumours FIVE, and it won't sell.

Even Mick's not that stupid.

Well, actually he is, so who knows.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love the album cover. Are you kidding me. You could have a college class earning credits discussing this album cover. It says so many things and if you stare at it long enough, you may notice something before that you never noticed.

I don't think Lindsey's absence had anything to do with the band not on the album cover. The band was not on the album cover of Tango either. I absolutely hate the Tango album cover. Modern art of a swamp by some Aussie painter. No thanks. Give me imagery with mystery every time. From Kiln House, Mystery to me, Rumours, Tusk and even the posing of Mirage brought amazing imagery. Tango is so 80's. No substance and outdated by the end of the decade. It could be a photo hanging on the set of the Golden Girls.

The Live album cover is insanely good. Ever notice some members are facing you while others are turned the other way. So clever and so freaking cool.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
No they won't. It's not the Rumours FIVE, and it won't sell.

Even Mick's not that stupid.

Well, actually he is, so who knows.
I'd argue that the Live album was a major flop and sold less than Behind The mask.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
I'd argue that the Live album was a major flop and sold less than Behind The mask.
Valid argument. However, BTM had no Lindsey, and did have two relative unknowns. And did $tevie even have a song that charted?

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-24-2021 at 09:53 PM..
Old 02-24-2021, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Valid argument. However, BTM had no Lindsey, and did have to relative unknowns. And did $tevie even have a song that charted?
With the release of the 1969-1974 FM box set, I really think a box set of BTM, along with the 4 songs from the Chain, As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked, and the Time album will be combined and released within a year. Maybe called the 1988-1995 Years. With the rerelease of every other FM album, including those without Lindsey and Stevie, I don’t see the label stopping until every FM album is rereleased, including the Dance.

I’m excited and hopeful a lot of good material will be included! Rick Vito and Billy Burnette deserve recognition for their role in the band. Bekka and Dave, too.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
With the release of the 1969-1974 FM box set, I really think a box set of BTM, along with the 4 songs from the Chain, As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked, and the Time album will be combined and released within a year. Maybe called the 1988-1995 Years. With the rerelease of every other FM album, including those without Lindsey and Stevie, I don’t see the label stopping until every FM album is rereleased, including the Dance.

I’m excited and hopeful a lot of good material will be included! Rick Vito and Billy Burnette deserve recognition for their role in the band. Bekka and Dave, too.
Would you like to wager on Time being rereleased? I would.

Deserve recognition?????? Like when they kept Bob Welch from being inducted into the R&RHOF? These people don't care about who deserves what. Sorry, but they don't.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Rick Vito and Billy Burnette deserve recognition for their role in the band.
Maybe call the skateboarder and have him TikTok Stand on the Rock