Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:43 AM

Default MF Wants Reunion with Everyone.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mick-..._Ng9fu3PDmWc4w
Old 03-29-2021, 02:18 PM
Ledgie

Oh dear.....
Firstly-who exactly is 'everyone?' Apart from the Rumours 5, there is Billy and Rick, Mike and Neil, Jeremy, Bekka and Dave.....forgive me if I'm not enthusiastic.
My guess is that, hot on the heels of his Peter Green Tribute Concert, Mick wants to do a similar 'one off' concert/DVD/CD
Old 03-29-2021, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would rather new music with this current lineup than a performance of just classics with Lindsey.

At least if the new lineup does an EP or album, I won't have to hear DDIO, I Got You and Free Fallin again.
Do your own damn songs! Paper Doll, Angel, I Don't Want To Know, Sweet Girl...lazy people
Old 03-29-2021, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's the most pathetic and transparent plea for cash that Mick has probably ever made...and that's saying something for Mick.

He'll cobble together some sort of show with whoever the heck is willing to participate.

It's ironic how in just about a month we've gone from one extreme to the other:

Fleetwood mac is probably done > Fleetwood mac is NOT done > I'll take whatever I can get (Bekka, return my call!!)

It's also kind of a repeating pattern with Mick, he pivots to this concept of "honoring all" or "playing with all" every time he's kind of dancing around all of the interpersonal issues within the band and having issues getting people on board. It's his way of playing offense, we'll do this if we can't do that.

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-29-2021 at 02:48 PM..
Old 03-29-2021, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It's also kind of a repeating pattern with Mick, he pivots to this concept of "honoring all" or "playing with all" every time he's kind of dancing around all of the interpersonal issues within the band and having issues getting people on board. It's his way of playing offense, we'll do this if we can't do that.
Playboy 2012?

"I don't know if Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again"
Old 03-29-2021, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey likely would not participate in such a carnival. As a Fleetwood Mac swan song it’s desperate and sad and ultimately embarrassing. But who knows?

More possible (and marginally less tacky) would be a night called Mick Fleetwood and Friends (kinda like the Bob Welch event).
Old 03-29-2021, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's just NME's regurgitation of what he said to LA Times or whichever magazine a week ago, that everyone else then picked up and made a clickbait out of it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2021, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's just NME's regurgitation of what he said to LA Times or whichever magazine a week ago, that everyone else then picked up and made a clickbait out of it.
Here’s hoping such tackiness never materializes.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That ship has sailed. Jeremy is the only other original member of the band still alive. Dave Walker's contributions to the band weren't exactly memorable. The one guy who (other than Peter) deserved to have the spotlight on him for his contributions and foresight was Bob Welch and sadly he has left us. We all know the Stevie drama. Rick, Billy and Bekka all seem like people who would be willing to participate in such an event but the band (Mick) has done everything to try to ignore/erase those years.

There's plenty of unreleased material that he can still milk money out of. Rumours hasn't even been released on Blu-ray yet.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The LAST thing any of the other singers want on stage is Bekka. She will blow their god damned doors off their cars. She can wail like none of them.

Seriously, it would be insanely embarrassing to follow her.

AKA- it won't happen.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The LAST thing any of the other singers want on stage is Bekka. She will blow their god damned doors off their cars. She can wail like none of them.

Seriously, it would be insanely embarrassing to follow her.

AKA- it won't happen.
yep. Mick is just saying "everyone ever in FM" because he wants Lindsey in but doesn't necessarily want to throw Neil and Mike under the bus just yet. (and perhaps Vito since he played with him in Landon and usually i think does in his restaurant too.)

by everyone ever he doesn't really mean everyone ever in FM, he doesn't mean Billy, Rick, Bekka, Jeremy, etc etc.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-30-2021, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am surprised no one mentioned that I bet there are several surviving former members who would pass on such a spectacle. Most important no way in hell Stevie is going to share the stage with them anyway.
IMHO this is Mick projecting his guilt of the way he has treated most former members of this band. Rick and Billy were not good enough to come back for a tour when Lindsey was fired yet they are going to come back for one concert to pad Mick's wallet. yeah ok
Old 03-30-2021, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That is a great point about Bekka - she absolutely could sing them all under the table, no doubt!!
Old 03-30-2021, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This would be hilarious...

The first meeting of tour negotiations:

Lindsey: "I need time to put out a solo record and tour behind it..."

Ahahahahahahah I hope he does it just to spite them.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Everyone" meaning the famous 5. Not a bad idea but about 2 decades too late- may have been even better instead of the Dance - unfortunately one of the most vital early members Danny Kirwan would likely not have been fit to participate. Now though, the main contributors are have all passed leaving the amazing pipes of Bekka Bramlett to shame everyone else off the stage, would be a very sad spectacle and make all vocal deficiencies stand out like a sore thumb.