Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up New album titled Lindsey Buckingham spring 2021

................. or whenever the pandemic subsides / life goes back to some normalcy and he can tour the new album.

he said it was supposed to be out already and he was supposed to be touring it right now, but now they don't have a release date set since it's so hard to know. and that probably in the spring.

he was very resolute that the title of the album is "Lindsey Buckingham."

many fans found that interesting when we talked after the webinar yesterday. a rebirth of an artist. it makes sense. i really hope there's a mixture of newer songs on it, and not just the ones he originally had in the can back in 2017 or whenever it was.

so what do people think? good and symbolic title? or just pure laziness?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
................. or whenever the pandemic subsides / life goes back to some normalcy and he can tour the new album.

he said it was supposed to be out already and he was supposed to be touring it right now, but now they don't have a release date set since it's so hard to know. and that probably in the spring.

he was very resolute that the title of the album is "Lindsey Buckingham."

many fans found that interesting when we talked after the webinar yesterday. a rebirth of an artist. it makes sense. i really hope there's a mixture of newer songs on it, and not just the ones he originally had in the can back in 2017 or whenever it was.

so what do people think? good and symbolic title? or just pure laziness?
I’m cool with the title....I’m hoping for a double album. I also think it will be very Fleetwood Macish. He said it was more pop which is more his Fleetwood Mac side.��

Last edited by BLY; 08-08-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Old 08-08-2020, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The title is resonant. Luckily, his name is resonant (and not, say, Bob Loblaw). It reminds me of Mac's decision to call its 1975 album Fleetwood Mac so as to say "We are still here but we are also a new phenomenon." I think Lindsey wants to convey the same idea. He's a look-ahead guy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's what I thought too. I think also it's kind of relaunching himself from a centre stage position (last time he did that was Out of the Cradle).
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The title is resonant. Luckily, his name is resonant (and not, say, Bob Loblaw). It reminds me of Mac's decision to call its 1975 album Fleetwood Mac so as to say "We are still here but we are also a new phenomenon." I think Lindsey wants to convey the same idea. He's a look-ahead guy.
that's beautifully stated as usual, David.

so since it seems clear album is done and ready to go, he should throw out some teasers as other bands that are waiting to release till this all blows over. The Killers album is now pushed back all the way to January 2021. but they released Caution in late spring, and at least 2 more songs since.

so why not release some teasers? a song of it maybe?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think and feel he titled it his name because the material will offer the sound of who Lindsey is and what brought him to this point. I'm thinking we'll be treated to the prime classic touches of Lindsey with maybe modern flavor as well.

I'd bet the plastic wrapping will have a sticker on it that says "Formerly of Fleetwood Mac" to grab the eye of shoppers in a Barnes and Noble; Linds has no control over that. I don't agree with it because when a lot of people hear Go Your Own Way, I think they know it's not a lady singing the lead vocals

However, I think it's a beautiful thing for Linds to have chosen this name for his album.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are those who say no one cares about who Lindsey Buckingham is and those who believe he should've been fired.
The guy still makes news, written by a renowned RS journalist: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true
Old 08-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

However, I think it's a beautiful thing for Linds to have chosen this name for his album.
I've never heard anyone call him Linds. Did you issue your own personal license for usage?
Old 08-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Stevie call him that.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard Stevie call him that.
Well that explains it!
Old 08-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I call him Linds in my head.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've never heard anyone call him Linds. Did you issue your own personal license for usage?
Stevie calls him that a lot in person; I've heard others around them say it at times to, though I'm not sure any of them have said it when talking about him to others, or put it in writing.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think he should wait. I think he should just release it and continue performing for his fan base from his music room. There will be no magic pill stopping this virus in 2021. It will still be too soon for audiences to gather together in crowds for concerts, IMO.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are those who say no one cares about who Lindsey Buckingham is and those who believe he should've been fired.
The guy still makes news, written by a renowned RS journalist: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true
lol yeah they must have taken a weekend off, but today all of the sudden, iheart radio, google news, RS magazine, NME and all others all of the sudden exploded with the news of LB singing publicly for the first time.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:51 PM

I love the title and the concept behind calling it "Lindsey Buckingham"