Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2023, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Mick Fleetwood Foundation

Apparently, Mick has launched a foundation aimed at supporting musical opportunities for children.
While I am sure he means well, the nonprofit industry is saturated, and there are several other organizations with similar missions. He might've been better off starting his own fund or initiative through an established nonprofit. In any case, I hope it's better managed financially than his past ventures.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=Nif5oz
Old 06-28-2023, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Apparently, Mick has launched a foundation aimed at supporting musical opportunities for children.
While I am sure he means well, the nonprofit industry is saturated, and there are several other organizations with similar missions. He might've been better off starting his own fund or initiative through an established nonprofit. In any case, I hope it's better managed financially than his past ventures.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=Nif5oz
is this really mick?? read the comments from 'mick', it doesn't even really sound like a native english speaker. i'm getting scammer vibes. i think i actually got weird messages from this person a few mos back and i gave them a piece of my mind lol.

--Lis
Old 06-28-2023, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
is this really mick?? read the comments from 'mick', it doesn't even really sound like a native english speaker. i'm getting scammer vibes. i think i actually got weird messages from this person a few mos back and i gave them a piece of my mind lol.

--Lis
I saw something about it on Facebook yesterday. I'm sure that 99% of the money will go to the "operation" of the charity. This is classic Mick.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I saw something about it on Facebook yesterday. I'm sure that 99% of the money will go to the "operation" of the charity. This is classic Mick.
Is it official?
Old 06-29-2023, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

--Lis
Well the Facebook page has the blue check, so I understand it's verified it's Mick's facebook. However, many public figures have their spokesmen, community managers, etc. So probably it's another guy who writes the paragraphs.

Hope he has wise guys to manage this foundation. It's proven that he has no management abilities.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Is it official?
Yes. Mick officially wants your money. Still. Yes, still.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Website up and running:
https://mickfleetwoodfoundation.org/

He is nothing if not predictable!
Old 06-29-2023, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Is it official?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Website up and running:
https://mickfleetwoodfoundation.org/

He is nothing if not predictable!
He's such a worm.
Old 06-29-2023, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well he's finally doing something positive with his money and in his video presentation he says it's not always about giving money toward his foundation. It can also be volunteering your time with his "kids."
Old 06-29-2023, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I went to the site. There is a special for the next 24 hours. Any donation of over $50 gets you a pair of Biddy's britches.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
is this really mick?? read the comments from 'mick', it doesn't even really sound like a native english speaker. i'm getting scammer vibes.
Something was definitely off with those comments, even by Mick's word-salad standards. But I see that now those comments have been replaced with different wording. Very weird.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

website is still somewhat sloppily done with grammatical errors.
the key bit is this: "A portion of the proceeds benefiting the Mick Fleetwood Foundation."

What PORTION of proceeds he makes at this show he is promoting actually goes to the Foundation? Clearly he/they are paying expenses including paying himself and other performers out of the ticket sales. So what portion of your ticket price goes to the charity you think you are supporting? $1 from every ticket? With Mick, this is an important question. Lots of scamming this way. The whole Meghan Markle/Harry foundation is questionable for the same reason.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
website is still somewhat sloppily done with grammatical errors.
the key bit is this: "A portion of the proceeds benefiting the Mick Fleetwood Foundation."

What PORTION of proceeds he makes at this show he is promoting actually goes to the Foundation? Clearly he/they are paying expenses including paying himself and other performers out of the ticket sales. So what portion of your ticket price goes to the charity you think you are supporting? $1 from every ticket? With Mick, this is an important question. Lots of scamming this way. The whole Meghan Markle/Harry foundation is questionable for the same reason.
He's officially the BIGGEST POS that ever sucked oxygen.
WHAT
A
LOSER.

I pray to god this band is over, because the ending has just been pathetic. But I'm sure he'll be trying to milk something else lame out of it. After all, he's Mick Fleetwood- loser deluxe.