User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Why would it be anything other than GYOW, Go Insane, NGBA, or Big Love?
Don't forget Shut Us Down!
Old 05-17-2021, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Insane by itself or combined with Big Love? Go insane is allowed. I don’t watch American Idol, but I do watch Dancing with the Stars and when they have a celebrity guest on they allow them to sing a classic hit, but they also give them the chance to perform and promote a new song too, if they choose.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I do watch Dancing with the Stars and when they have a celebrity guest on they allow them to sing a classic hit, but they also give them the chance to perform and promote a new song too, if they choose.
Yep. Stevie did Secret Love and Landslide in 2011 on Dancing.
On AI, Benatar did old songs. Heartbreaker and We Belong.

I don't see Lindsey doing Go Insane or a new song.
I wonder if Lindsey will have his band with him.
Does Neale still play with him?
Lindsey after all got Neale the job with FM in 97
Old 05-17-2021, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't see Lindsey doing Go Insane or a new song.
I don’t see him doing a new song because profiling a new song isn’t really the purpose of appearing on this TV show, is it? Seems more like an opportunity to make a televised appearance, period. In that light, I would say that he may do one of his own better-known numbers or duet with a finalist on something that is a little trendier.

The whole thing is more than a little odd because the American Idol audience is not Lindsey’s demographic. Quite frankly, I don’t think any fan of that machine-tooled show even wants to see him at all.

How does a stint on Idol serve his legacy? He’d be better off working with David Byrne on the music for a theater show, for example.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-17-2021, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don’t see him doing a new song because profiling a new song isn’t really the purpose of appearing on this TV show, is it? Seems more like an opportunity to make a televised appearance, period. In that light, I would say that he may do one of his own better-known numbers or duet with a finalist on something that is a little trendier.

The whole thing is more than a little odd because the American Idol audience is not Lindsey’s demographic. Quite frankly, I don’t think any fan of that machine-tooled show even wants to see him at all.

How does a stint on Idol serve his legacy? He’d be better off working with David Byrne on the music for a theater show, for example.
I don’t think his appearance on AI has anything to do with his legacy- it’s just a way to get his name in the public eye. Between getting fired from FM and his recovery from a heart attack, Lindsey has been in the news pretty much more than ever, so good for him for taking advantage of the goodwill. And while I totally agree AI is not the demographic audience for him, that’s actually another good reason to do the show- exposure to a younger crowd who may have no clue who Lindsey Buckingham is until they hear the opening chords of Go Your Own Way. Then they’ll make the connection. Working with David Byrne wouldn’t get him near the amount of publicity this one night gig will get him. Besides, do you really see LB and DB collaborating equally on a musical project? I can’t see why anyone would fault him for doing a show like this, mainstream as it is.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

AI contestants often do FM covers, so he fits in there perfectly as far as the music type. and he won't do anything new considering there are like 10 other guest stars on that finale, besides him. so i gotta assume they will all play in groups or with contestants.

i completely agree that David Byrne collab would give him way more artistic satisfaction and street cred. i guess his record co is going for name exposure before releasing that solo album that's been waiting for pandemic to slow down. i really think this coupled with recent Nile interview means we will start seeing solo dates soon.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://abc7chicago.com/american-ido...tler/10647316/

American Idol' recap: The top 3 are chosen!
Watch American Idol's Season Finale LIVE coast-to-coast Sunday on ABC!
By Bob Monek
Monday, May 17, 2021 8:48PM

---------------------------

SPOILER ALERT

After the nationwide vote, the top 3 chosen to compete in the season finale are:

Chayce Beckham
Willie Spence
Grace Kinstler

Casey Bishop was eliminated.

"American Idol" is ready to crown its winner on a special three-hour live coast-to-coast season finale event airing next Sunday starting at 8:00 p.m.

The top three finalists will each take the stage one last time to perform in hopes of securing America's vote and, ultimately, become this season's winner.

In addition to the finalists, Idol's all-star celebrity judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie will each perform a hit song during the show. Plus, the rest of the top nine return to join renowned music artists Lindsey Buckingham, Alessia Cara, Luke Combs, Sheryl Crow, Fall Out Boy, Mickey Guyton, Chaka Khan, Leona Lewis and Macklemore on the Idol stage for unforgettable performances throughout the show.

Voting for the next "American Idol" starts at the beginning of the episode and will be open throughout the live show.

The search for next season's Idol has already begun. Visit AmericanIdol.com/auditions to learn more.

You can see every performance on American Idol's YouTube channel and watch the full episodes anytime on Hulu.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-17-2021, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.reportdoor.com/broken-ha...go-drops-sour/

WATCH IT: And your next American Idol winner is…

Will the winner of American Idol Season 19 be roots-rocker Chayce Beckham, gospel powerhouse Willie Spence or soul-pop diva Grace Kinstler? With one of the strongest top threes in show history, this competition is going to be a real nail-biter. But regardless of which contestant prevails, Sunday’s Idol season finale will also give the Billboard Music Awards some stiff competition in the star-power department, with performances by Mickey Guyton, Chaka Khan, Lindsey Buckingham, Sheryl Crow, Luke Combs, Leona Lewis, Macklemore, Fall Out Boy, Alessia Cara, and all three judges (Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie). Kieran, dim the lights! — L.P.

The American Idol Season 19 finale airs live coast-to-coast Sunday, May 23 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Why would it be anything other than GYOW, Go Insane, NGBA, or Big Love?
I'm hoping for a long, screaming version of Not That Funny
Old 05-18-2021, 06:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

As a pipe dream for something edgy and also in honor of this board, I'm hoping he performs "The Ledge"
Old 05-18-2021, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I'm hoping for a long, screaming version of Not That Funny
Yeah, that should do wonders for his solo career!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ll be glad just to see him....however...not NGBA, please!!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’ll be glad just to see him....however...not NGBA, please!!
He should do NGBA, and announce, "this song is for FM, and especially you, $tevie. You can kiss my ass, because I'm NGBA".
Old 05-18-2021, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t think his appearance on AI has anything to do with his legacy- it’s just a way to get his name in the public eye.
Ridiculous. The man is almost 72 years old. His name has been in the public eye since 1975.

Quote:
Between getting fired from FM and his recovery from a heart attack, Lindsey has been in the news pretty much more than ever, so good for him for taking advantage of the goodwill.
What are you talking about? Those who liked Buckingham before he got fired still like Buckingham. Those who didn’t still don’t, and those who didn’t give a damn one way or the other — the American Idol TV audience — still don’t.

Quote:
And while I totally agree AI is not the demographic audience for him . . .
Glad to hear you agree, since it’s completely true!

Quote:
. . . that’s actually another good reason to do the show- exposure to a younger crowd who may have no clue who Lindsey Buckingham is until they hear the opening chords of Go Your Own Way.
That crowd doesn’t care whether they hear the opening chords of “Go Your Own Way” or “Never Going Back Again” or “On the Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe.” The only reason he is doing this show is to appear on TV. To what end, even I can’t fathom. Probably just some hare-brained publicity thing (as if publicity has ever had any measurable effect on his non-Fleetwood Mac work?).

Quote:
Then they’ll make the connection.
Nobody watching the show who didn’t already know and like Buckingham will make any “connection.” They’ll sit there and watch an old man sing something and wonder who the hell he is and why he’s on American Idol.

Quote:
Working with David Byrne wouldn’t get him near the amount of publicity this one night gig will get him.
Working with David Byrne — which I posited as an example — isn’t a publicity stunt. Appearing on American Idol is a publicity stunt. Unfortunately, it will fail to create much of a stir, outside Buckingham’s longtime audience. Nobody else will care at all.

Quote:
Besides, do you really see LB and DB collaborating equally on a musical project?
No, I don’t, Mr. Literal-minded.

Quote:
I can’t see why anyone would fault him for doing a show like this, mainstream as it is.
Maybe I’m more rational than you?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2021, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
AI contestants often do FM covers, so he fits in there perfectly as far as the music type.
This I didn’t really know. But allow me this: there’s a substantial difference between seeing a trendy young act sing an old Mac song and seeing an old man who was hot two generations ago sing an old Mac song.

If I’m wrong — and Lindsey is showered with love by TV viewers while the offers roll in — I’ll eat my Tusk.

moviekinks.blogspot.com