Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
[/B]

Hahaha, rather drown You gotta love Mums - you'll always be her little girl. My mum would be the same.

It's good you are cool, calm and collected in a crisis. I'm the opposite. I panic.
Got to love Mums, even if they're genetically designed to embarrass their children; even without any intention. But Dads can be like that too. Saturday my Dad decided to accompany myself and my Mum for a pub lunch. He looked at me for a while and then said really loudly "She's getting very pretty, this Daughter of ours". I didn't know what to do with myself as people were looking at me by then. I was like "Hey! Is that a drink?!" and proceeded to gulp down the scolding hot Tea my Mum had just brought back from the bar for me, just so I could avoid the subject haha.

My Mum's the same. She'll panic too. It's probably just a temperament bred through necessity, as I've always been the one who was rather 'forced' into cleaning up the mess and coping with the dilemma's. But hey, if there's ever a Zombie apocalypse, look me up. Might be useful, haha.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
He looked at me for a while and then said really loudly "She's getting very pretty, this Daughter of ours".

Awww - that's nice. A proud dad But yeah, said in front of everyone, kinda embarrassing.

Quote:
But hey, if there's ever a Zombie apocalypse, look me up. Might be useful, haha.
Haha. So you'd have a plan, Shaun of the Dead style. "Go to Mum's. Kill Phil... grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over." If you haven't seen Shaun of the Dead, ignore my random quoting

Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Awww - that's nice. A proud dad But yeah, said in front of everyone, kinda embarrassing.

Haha. So you'd have a plan, Shaun of the Dead style. "Go to Mum's. Kill Phil... grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over." If you haven't seen Shaun of the Dead, ignore my random quoting
I've seen Shaun of the Dead multiple times and love it, so I approve of the reference. There might even be time to pick up a Cornetto before we reach Mum's
Old 04-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's depressing when families drift apart. Mine totally splintered when my Grandpa died 15 years ago. We went from this amazing, inseparable, crazy, fun group to everybody refusing to see one another. It's all so stupid, too. My Aunts are all just oil & water, but they used to put all that aside for my Grandfather... and had a fantastic time with each other when they just got over themselves. But you can't make people do what they don't want to do. Just gotta get used to the new normal I guess.
Yeah, it's weird, though, because nothing bad happened....my aunt and I keep analyzing the situation, trying to figure out if we did something wrong.

That said, my family is not one to argue, ever. So if there is a problem, they wouldn't say anything, just avoid us...

Still this is the first easter of my life, that I've not spent with them. Oh well, I guess. Life goes on.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've seen Shaun of the Dead multiple times and love it, so I approve of the reference. There might even be time to pick up a Cornetto before we reach Mum's
Obviously there would be a Cornetto in the mix. Gotta have our priorities straight

I love that film. Tempted to watch it this evening now.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Obviously there would be a Cornetto in the mix. Gotta have our priorities straight

I love that film. Tempted to watch it this evening now.
Do it! Do it! Do it for the both of us. I haven't been able to watch it in ages because a friend borrowed it and I'm still waiting for it to be returned. I'm stuck at the moment watching a truly terrible film on the horror channel. 'Hell Comes To Frogtown'. My eyes are hurting from rolling so much.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do it! Do it! Do it for the both of us. I haven't been able to watch it in ages because a friend borrowed it and I'm still waiting for it to be returned. I'm stuck at the moment watching a truly terrible film on the horror channel. 'Hell Comes To Frogtown'. My eyes are hurting from rolling so much.
My sister has left the dvd at uni. Am unimpressed. I may or may not be watching clips of it on YouTube. Hilarious. Love the part where they think the girl in the garden is drunk - "Oh my god. She's so drunk!"

Old 04-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
My sister has left the dvd at uni. Am unimpressed. I may or may not be watching clips of it on YouTube. Hilarious. Love the part where they think the girl in the garden is drunk - "she's so drunk!"
And he makes them wait and pose for a picture! Love it. I adore the use of foreshadowing. When you first watch it, you don't notice it. But then you begin to realise as you repeatedly watch it that alot of the events were suggested in the beginning of the film. For example, when Shaun and Ed are messing around in the front room before having an altercation with Pete. As soon as he leaves, Ed mutters "The next time I see him, he's dead". And he is! That's one of the most obvious examples, lol. Also, I love the scene in the car when they hit the zombie. They're taking off bad American soap opera's when Ed says "Maybe we hit something"....Shaun looks off into the distance and says dramatically "Or someone..." before hitting his head on the window when Ed presses the horn lol.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And he makes them wait and pose for a picture! Love it. I adore the use of foreshadowing. When you first watch it, you don't notice it. But then you begin to realise as you repeatedly watch it that alot of the events were suggested in the beginning of the film. For example, when Shaun and Ed are messing around in the front room before having an altercation with Pete. As soon as he leaves, Ed mutters "The next time I see him, he's dead". And he is! That's one of the most obvious examples, lol. Also, I love the scene in the car when they hit the zombie. They're taking off bad American soap opera's when Ed says "Maybe we hit something"....Shaun looks off into the distance and says dramatically "Or someone..." before hitting his head on the window when Ed presses the horn lol.
Yes you're right. The film is far cleverer than it initially appears.

Horrible weather today in London. Must be a bank holiday Monday

Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Attempting to do college work and watching Ninotchka. This is my favourite Garbo movie. What a wonderful actress she was!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always watch clips of what's my line on youtube. I was defiantly born in the wrong era. Does anyone else ever watch it...and practice the voice that they would do? no just me okay.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Off to a job interview. For a job I'm not even sure I want. It's shady stuff.

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 04-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Monday was fun....

NOT!

Had to drive for pre-employment drug screening, which went as usual but I was sick as hell that whole morning so I was nauseated when I took it, add to it the agency gave my directions to the facility that went the opposite direction from where I needed to go, so by the time I was done I was a nice shade of pale green in the face

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We often say we hate something because we really don't understand it. I often say I hate cell phones. I called my cell provider and ordered a new phone because I couldn't get the mute button to cooperate with me. So they sent me another phone which is exactly the same one as the broken one and not until I have the new one in my hand do I realize there are volume buttons on the side of it and obviously on the original one also. So I grab the original and turn up the volume and then realize my phone was never broken. It was just me who didn't know WTF I was doing.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
Off to a job interview. For a job I'm not even sure I want. It's shady stuff.
Shady??? Don't leave us hanging!