The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-25-2021, 04:29 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,048
Default Christine on Radio 2 UK

Johnnie Walker at the end of his UK radio show on Sunday, said Christine Mcvie would be joining him on Sunday 7th February..for a chat.
Johnnie Walkerís show, even in this weird time, is a live show.

Iíve just looked at Radio 2 website and it does advertise that Christine would be joining Johnnie for a ďvery rare and exclusive interviewĒ..

So, Iím presuming itís just that, and not some old rehashed interview.
Johnnie Walker sound of the Seventies is on Radio 2 at 3pm..on Sunday.

Itís a pretty good show in any case....as the name implies, he plays all 70s music.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 01-25-2021, 10:34 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Johnnie Walker at the end of his UK radio show on Sunday, said Christine Mcvie would be joining him on Sunday 7th February..for a chat.
Johnnie Walkerís show, even in this weird time, is a live show.

Iíve just looked at Radio 2 website and it does advertise that Christine would be joining Johnnie for a ďvery rare and exclusive interviewĒ..

So, Iím presuming itís just that, and not some old rehashed interview.
Johnnie Walker sound of the Seventies is on Radio 2 at 3pm..on Sunday.

Itís a pretty good show in any case....as the name implies, he plays all 70s music.
Please record it!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2021, 10:36 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,015
Default

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000s1by

Here's the link
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-2021, 02:40 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Johnnie Walker at the end of his UK radio show on Sunday, said Christine Mcvie would be joining him on Sunday 7th February..for a chat.
Johnnie Walker’s show, even in this weird time, is a live show.

I’ve just looked at Radio 2 website and it does advertise that Christine would be joining Johnnie for a “very rare and exclusive interview”..

So, I’m presuming it’s just that, and not some old rehashed interview.
Johnnie Walker sound of the Seventies is on Radio 2 at 3pm..on Sunday.

It’s a pretty good show in any case....as the name implies, he plays all 70s music.
Thanks for the heads up- I'll look forward to this. I hope there's something new in the discussion and not just the same old...
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 01-26-2021 at 01:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-2021, 03:03 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think you can listen to it (at anytime ) on BBC sounds...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-2021, 04:42 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,444
Default

Hopefully she’s been working on that blues album.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2021, 06:01 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Johnnie Walker at the end of his UK radio show on Sunday, said Christine Mcvie would be joining him on Sunday 7th February..for a chat.
Johnnie Walkerís show, even in this weird time, is a live show.

Iíve just looked at Radio 2 website and it does advertise that Christine would be joining Johnnie for a ďvery rare and exclusive interviewĒ..

So, Iím presuming itís just that, and not some old rehashed interview.
Johnnie Walker sound of the Seventies is on Radio 2 at 3pm..on Sunday.

Itís a pretty good show in any case....as the name implies, he plays all 70s music.
The picture of her is new, so it might just be a new interview. Oh my, I hope sheís got some good news...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2021, 09:56 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The picture of her is new, so it might just be a new interview. Oh my, I hope sheís got some good news...
She's going to tour In The Meantime!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-26-2021, 11:53 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,015
Default

I just notices it's nearly 2 hrs!!

I could listen to her all day. Whereas $tevie, I shut it off after 2 minutes.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-26-2021, 12:25 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I just notices it's nearly 2 hrs!!

I could listen to her all day. Whereas $tevie, I shut it off after 2 minutes.
The whole show is 2hours but I imagine his chat with Christine will be 15 minutes....sorry
But the show itself is pretty good, he goes back a long way...
Worked for the BBC back in the 60s
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-26-2021, 02:25 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
The whole show is 2hours but I imagine his chat with Christine will be 15 minutes....sorry
But the show itself is pretty good, he goes back a long way...
Worked for the BBC back in the 60s
He loves Christine. He plays her a lot. He's interviewed her quite a bit.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-2021, 06:41 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,515
Default

I once read somewhere that Christine and Dennis Wilson had made an albumís worth of demos. Itís probably apocryphal but maybe sheíll talk about THAT.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-26-2021, 07:10 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I once read somewhere that Christine and Dennis Wilson had made an albumís worth of demos. Itís probably apocryphal but maybe sheíll talk about THAT.
Iíd lose it if she announced that!

It would be amazing if Brian Wilson produced it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-27-2021, 09:24 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Iíd lose it if she announced that!

It would be amazing if Brian Wilson produced it.
And she sang with Carl and Brian! ... to dream
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-07-2021, 11:49 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,048
Default

The interview was about 20/25 minutes but Johnnie did play 3 songs.
The only interesting ie new thing ...
She was asked if they would tour again....she wasnít sure, she said she was getting too old.
And JOhn would NOT be touring again as he was getting too frail.
She did add he was okay, just getting old.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved