The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:57 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

I think the best case scenario for the 87-95 years is something similar to the 69-74 box.

Disc 1: BTM
Disc 2: Time
Disc 3: Comp songs, rarities, outtakes, demos
Disc 4: Live songs
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-26-2021, 02:26 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the best case scenario for the 87-95 years is something similar to the 69-74 box.

Disc 1: BTM
Disc 2: Time
Disc 3: Comp songs, rarities, outtakes, demos
Disc 4: Live songs
Disc 3 and 4 of that are pretty dope. Comp songs are new songs that were on GH and The Chain right?

I wouldn't include Make Me a Mask. Keep it Lindsey-less
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-26-2021, 03:11 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Disc 3 and 4 of that are pretty dope. Comp songs are new songs that were on GH and The Chain right?

I wouldn't include Make Me a Mask. Keep it Lindsey-less
Yes, although I would still keep Make Me A Mask. I get the sentiment Of keeping it Lindsey-less, but it should still be on it since it was only released on a Fleetwood Mac comp. Assuming there’s soundboard audio recordings, I’d have Landslide, Tear It Up, and Go Your Own Way from the last night of the BTM tour, which all feature Lindsey, Don’t Stop from the Inauguration, and SYLM from the Super Bowl.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-26-2021, 03:21 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yes, although I would still keep Make Me A Mask. I get the sentiment Of keeping it Lindsey-less, but it should still be on it since it was only released on a Fleetwood Mac comp. Assuming there’s soundboard audio recordings, I’d have Landslide, Tear It Up, and Go Your Own Way from the last night of the BTM tour, which all feature Lindsey, Don’t Stop from the Inauguration, and SYLM from the Super Bowl.
Ok, I buy it. Put Make Me a Mask on
Isn't Lindsey singing the chorus on Paper Doll?
That song's a classic.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-26-2021, 03:43 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

And, if it was up to me, this would be the band photo on the back.

__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-26-2021, 03:58 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yes, although I would still keep Make Me A Mask. I get the sentiment Of keeping it Lindsey-less, but it should still be on it since it was only released on a Fleetwood Mac comp. Assuming there’s soundboard audio recordings, I’d have Landslide, Tear It Up, and Go Your Own Way from the last night of the BTM tour, which all feature Lindsey, Don’t Stop from the Inauguration, and SYLM from the Super Bowl.
I’m torn about Make Me a Mask, but ultimately I’d be ok whether it was on a Deluxe Edition or not. I love all your suggestions here, but I’d also include the videos of the Super Bowl and Inaugeral performances, if at all possible. That seems unlikely due to copyright, etc, but yeah, at least the audio. Plus the concert performance of Skies the Limit, taped live at Red Rocks and the only time FM performed it live, for the video. And of course, the videos of As Long As You Follow, Save Me, Skies the Limit, and Love Shines, and throw in In the Back of My Mind and Paper Doll, I guess. Man, I would also kill to have the video performances of the album FM did for some other country, maybe Japan or China? It used to be available on YouTube but has disappeared. It was all lip sync, but still incredible to see FM perform Freedom, Love is Dangerous, Save Me, etc.

A Deluxe Edition would have to include Game of Love and Victim of Love, two incredible songs I can’t believe were left off BTM!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-26-2021, 04:31 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, if it was up to me, this would be the band photo on the back.

What did Rick ever do to you?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-26-2021, 05:49 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What did Rick ever do to you?
Nothing. However, these were the core of that era, be it with Rick and Stevie or Bekka and Dave.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-26-2021, 07:38 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Nothing. However, these were the core of that era, be it with Rick and Stevie or Bekka and Dave.
Take that pic and superimpose a floating Stevie head plucked from
the Tango video and she might okay it
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-26-2021, 07:52 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,651
Default

Is Billy in communique with anyone in Fleetwood Mac?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-26-2021, 08:10 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is Billy in communique with anyone in Fleetwood Mac?
I would guess that he is(and always has been) with Mick. Mick always needs people for his side projects, so he wouldn't want to burn any bridges.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-26-2021, 08:23 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would guess that he is(and always has been) with Mick. Mick always needs people for his side projects, so he wouldn't want to burn any bridges.
Billy is the only one of the 87-95 crowd Mick didn’t work with in 2020. He did that “Feelin’ Alright” Zoom with Dave Mason and the Doobies and remade “These Strange Times” with Rick and Bekka.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-26-2021, 09:26 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would guess that he is(and always has been) with Mick. Mick always needs people for his side projects, so he wouldn't want to burn any bridges.
My opinion is that Billy destroyed that relationship by leaking Lindsey's firing so that he could bring traffic to his online store.

Mick's got Rick. No Billy at the Peter Green London concert!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-26-2021, 10:17 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
My opinion is that Billy destroyed that relationship by leaking Lindsey's firing so that he could bring traffic to his online store.

Mick's got Rick. No Billy at the Peter Green London concert!
Maybe he did. I'd give anything if I'd screen shot Billy's post before he deleted it. If you didn't see it(it was pretty long), but it was basically "so Lindsey is out, and they didn't call me?"(with a pretty pissed tone to it). It was deleted a little while later.

WHO wouldn't be pissed?

But truth told, Billy wasn't up to it(well, they're all senior citizens...) because he had to have heart surgery just a few weeks after this happened.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-26-2021, 11:44 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Maybe he did. I'd give anything if I'd screen shot Billy's post before he deleted it. If you didn't see it(it was pretty long), but it was basically "so Lindsey is out, and they didn't call me?"(with a pretty pissed tone to it). It was deleted a little while later.

WHO wouldn't be pissed?

But truth told, Billy wasn't up to it(well, they're all senior citizens...) because he had to have heart surgery just a few weeks after this happened.
It was something like “Lindsey Buckingham is out of Fleetwood Mac and I’m not in. I’m pissed, but I’ll get over it.”

However, how sad that Billy’s career in his eyes was apparently being Lindsey’s alternate in Fleetwood Mac.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Bekka Bramlett I Got News For You picture

Bekka Bramlett I Got News For You

$9.49



Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD picture

Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD

$5.50



Billy Gilman: Music Through Heartsongs - CD  picture

Billy Gilman: Music Through Heartsongs - CD

$2.70



It Won't Be Christmas Without You - Music CD - Brooks & Dunn -  2002-10-08 - Son picture

It Won't Be Christmas Without You - Music CD - Brooks & Dunn - 2002-10-08 - Son

$5.99



Being Human by Michael Peterson (CD, Aug-1999, Warner Bros.) Vintage picture

Being Human by Michael Peterson (CD, Aug-1999, Warner Bros.) Vintage

$4.50




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved