The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default So who owns the rights to the Buckingham Nicks album?

Didn’t Stevie and Lindsey sell their publishing rights or something? Who owns Buckingham Nicks now? Will that album ever get released like on Spotify and iTunes?
Old 03-16-2021, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is what Stevie said in October 2020 before she did the $100million:
"I think it should be released. It should just be polished up a little bit. I don’t think it should be remixed. I think it should just go out the way it was mixed when we released it. I hope it happens. Owning ‘Buckingham Nicks’ between me and Lindsey is like owning an old Mercedes. One person says, ‘let’s release it!’ and the other person goes, ‘I don’t wanna let it go.’ And then three years later it’s the other way around. That’s what’s been happening with ‘Buckingham Nicks’ since 1975!”
Old 03-17-2021, 07:55 AM

There will be a whole reconvening of organic money very soon. And, we will finally see this as a deluxe release. It will be profound, circular and bring in a lot of cash.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There will be a whole reconvening of organic money very soon. And, we will finally see this as a deluxe release. It will be profound, circular and bring in a lot of cash.
Sounds very cyclical.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Sounds very cyclical.
Well, ya know, Stevie likes that sort of attention.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IDK. Unless old Dick finds a way to milk it, it probably won't happen.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
IDK. Unless old Dick finds a way to milk it, it probably won't happen.
You underestimate the goat power.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You underestimate the goat power.
I don't think $he really gives AF.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think $he really gives AF.
Being a controlling dishonest entitled ego centered wind bag? Oh, you underestimate her still!! I curse you Homer!!!
Old 03-17-2021, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I bet it won’t generate much revenue. I bet a lot of people feel the way I do — I don’t care whether they ever release it, on CD, on colored vinyl, on Morse Code, or on the Tablets of Hammurabi. It’s been fifty years and everyone who ever wanted to hear it has heard it and it’s all over YouTube and probably even Pandora and Spotify.

It’s not even really all that good. I guess it’s most impressive for its acoustic guitar work. It’s nice, pleasant chug-a-lug hippie music. But it has this absolutely weird incantatory power over people when they talk about it — the same people who probably haven’t listened to any Buckingham or Nicks solo albums since 1981. Lindsey is wrong when he says that the music on Rumours doesn’t warrant all the hoopla. He should be talking about Buckingham Nicks!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-17-2021, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I will make a prediction. Flame me or praise me in a few years if it happens. I do think it will be released and it will be a springboard to bring Lindsey back into the band and Stevie will say all that "water under the bridge" stuff. Mick will love it because it will promote their farewell tour even more. He may even get 4 more meet and greets per show out of this one. The band and Buckingham Nicks will then have gone full circle. Dont let me down again will be played again with Stevie introducing it as her father's favorite song.

Is anyone writing this down?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-17-2021 at 02:01 PM..
Old 03-17-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I bet it won’t generate much revenue. I bet a lot of people feel the way I do — I don’t care whether they ever release it, on CD, on colored vinyl, on Morse Code, or on the Tablets of Hammurabi. It’s been fifty years and everyone who ever wanted to hear it has heard it and it’s all over YouTube and probably even Pandora and Spotify.

It’s not even really all that good. I guess it’s most impressive for its acoustic guitar work. It’s nice, pleasant chug-a-lug hippie music. But it has this absolutely weird incantatory power over people when they talk about it — the same people who probably haven’t listened to any Buckingham or Nicks solo albums since 1981. Lindsey is wrong when he says that the music on Rumours doesn’t warrant all the hoopla. He should be talking about Buckingham Nicks!
I agree with the selling part. Nobody cares about that album except ledgies and some other diehards. (Well maybe not you.) I give it a solid B. I think it actually has some intonation problems in spots. (Unless, I have a bad copy where the tape slowed down). But otherwise, I see why it didn't sell millions and agree with your above assessment.

I think in 1974-1978, the Brits gave Stevie and Lindsey something to focus on other then themselves for 5 minutes. Even a naked album cover couldn't put them on the map.

Well at least until Bella Donna and Tusk came along and that "focus" went away, too. The Brits were so tired, drunk and high by then; they let those two go back to obsessing about themselves, and hating each other.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I will make a prediction. Flame me or praise me in a few years if it happens. I do think it will be released and it will be a springboard to bring Lindsey back into the band and Stevie will say all that "water under the bridge" stuff. Mick will love it because it will promote their farewell tour even more. He may even get 4 more meet and greets per show out of this one. The band and Buckingham Nicks will then have gone full circle. Dont let me down again will be played again with Stevie introducing it as her father's favorite song.

Is anyone writing this down?
If he ever goes back, I'm DONE. He will come across as being a TOTAL WUSS. And then there will be(duh) no doubt who the boss is. Not the guitar player with his weenie all shriveled up and tucked away in $tevie's purse.

Um dude, you just wrote it down!

I seriously doubt it would sell more than a few copies. No one(or not enough people) gives a sh*t about a 50yo album. Maybe 20K copies? That ain't enough to satisfy that "controlling dishonest entitled ego centered wind bag"(thanks jbrownsjr).
Old 03-17-2021, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The time to release that album was 1997 at the height of the Fleetwood Mac craze boom. CD sales were still stable, Napster had not been invented yet, and there was no streaming other than RealPlayer (yuck!)

I suppose Rhino could release it as a physical copy or maybe they can give it “the works” and make a Vinyl box set with a CD of all the demos and CoffeePlant recordings. It wont sell a lot though. Its best bet is streaming on Apple and Spotify and maybe generating SOME income.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even a naked album cover couldn't put them on the map.
Remaster and release the outtakes from the photo session.