Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
More irresponsible journalism. I read an article where the headline stated:
Chester Thompson says Phil Collins always blames him for mistakes. (or something like this) and the article wasn't really about that.
I saw that and read the article. It was actually pretty positive.

I commend him for playing drums for one of the greatest drummers ever.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-08-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I saw that and read the article. It was actually pretty positive.

I commend him for playing drums for one of the greatest drummers ever.
I love everything Genesis has done. And I love Chester. I've seen Phil lose his temper many times. And mostly getting mad at himself because he didn't practice his instrument as much as the others members.
But yes, in Phil's prime he was so f****** spot on. From Selling.. all the way to We Can't Dance. And always great production.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-08-2021 at 09:56 PM..
Old 02-09-2021, 04:12 PM
Ledgie

Default Christine interview

A few brief points:
1. No John= No Fleetwood Mac
2. With age,Covid, touring hiatus for ALL artists, chances of another tour are slim anyway.
3. Most of us realised that seeing them in 2014/15 will never be repeated and 2018/19 was a ...bonus
$. The band members have minimal contact with each other when they are off the road, so I'm sure that Christine's comments are not to be regarded as definite decisions: she simply responds to the question on the spot.
5. I count myself blessed and fortunate to have seen them 13 times since 1988.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie will need a few years for her Rhiannon project and she said she wanted to do another solo album and of course there will be a tour, so I'm thinking it would be a good five years before she would want to do anything with Fleetwood Mac again. That puts them pushing close to 80. I can't see John or Chris doing a Fleetwood Mac tour again. I really think Christine would have been ok touring if Lindsey was still in the band. Without him, it's not quite Fleetwood Mac. And without John it wouldn't be FM either.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-09-2021, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Stevie will need a few years for her Rhiannon project and she said she wanted to do another solo album and of course there will be a tour, so I'm thinking it would be a good five years before she would want to do anything with Fleetwood Mac again. That puts them pushing close to 80. I can't see John or Chris doing a Fleetwood Mac tour again. I really think Christine would have been ok touring if Lindsey was still in the band. Without him, it's not quite Fleetwood Mac. And without John it wouldn't be FM either.
5 years from now Chris will be 82 going on 83. I think she is having fun on the road but her voice has been shaky since her 2014 return (though I was pleased to see some videos of the dumb 2018 tour where she was looking pretty good on the keys on a few songs). If 2018 was the swan song of this band, that's just a sad send off.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love everything Genesis has done. And I love Chester. I've seen Phil lose his temper many times. And mostly getting mad at himself because he didn't practice his instrument as much as the others members.
But yes, in Phil's prime he was so f****** spot on. From Selling.. all the way to We Can't Dance. And always great production.
Always loved Genesis. Probably from being a kid in the 80's and 90's, you couldn't go ten minutes without hearing a Genesis or Collins solo song on the radio. I've been on a real kick lately watching some live stuff on YouTube. Home By The Sea, Mama, Land of Confusion, No Son of Mine...among so many other greats.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default FM/Genesis

While I enjoyed the 18/19 tour myself, I would definitely have preferred it be a Rumours 5 farewell tour (as I imagine the original intent was anyway). An album would have been a bonus but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. In a future where some warped version of FM tours again, I wonder if we'll all be arguing whether it is or isn't FM with Lindsey but no John...?

Love Christine and am glad she came back but the OWTS tour was her last go round with consistent vocals and playing. Was a little sad to see her struggle during 18/19 though it was awesome to see her pull a Time song out. I don't think we'll ever hear Songbird again...and that's ok. I've got my memory of the Columbus show and a video to tide me over. And John has more than earned a rest. I go for the music, not so much that it's a tour under the Fleetwood Mac name. I can be ok with Fleetwood & Friends if it has Christine, Lindsey, maybe Stevie if she comes down off her solo high horse.

Looking forward to being able to attend a concert again in the future...and I really hope Genesis comes back. While I'll always take the 'Genesis was better w/Peter Gabriel side,' the last Genesis tour was a hell of a good time and the recent Collins solo shows had some great vocal performances. He still has it. In my dreams we get a full-on FM reunion, album, and select farewell performances...and a Lamb Lies Down tour with Peter Gabriel era Genesis. A boy can dream!
Old 02-09-2021, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

articles riffing and extrapolating from what Christine actually said are taking the life of their own now - from NME to iheart radio, emails linking to these "news" are landing in my inbox talking about FM retiring or SN quits FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Christine's going to get a cease and desist from Sheryl Louis
Old 02-09-2021, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
^ Christine's going to get a cease and desist from Sheryl Louis
lol i don't doubt it.

of course if there's no more FM, she hopefully couldn't care less - finally.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-09-2021, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
articles riffing and extrapolating from what Christine actually said are taking the life of their own now - from NME to iheart radio, emails linking to these "news" are landing in my inbox talking about FM retiring or SN quits FM.
That’s it. Sheryl Crow is in fact going to replace Christine!!!
Old 02-10-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
That’s it. Sheryl Crow is in fact going to replace Christine!!!
It would be cool if they brought Lindsey back and he had Sheryl take $tevie's place.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In an article out today....in The Daily Mail on line
Christine reiterates that the Mac will not tour again with John or Stevie
( sorry I can’t do the link )
Hope someone more savvy than me will be able to.. https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showt...t=59156&page=5
Maybe I’ve done it !!!!!!

Last edited by sue; 02-10-2021 at 10:04 AM..
Old 02-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
In an article out today....in The Daily Mail on line
Christine reiterates that the Mac will not tour again with John or Stevie
( sorry I can’t do the link )
Hope someone more savvy than me will be able to..
she didn't reiterate anything, Daily Mail just put in their interpretation of what she said during Sunday BBC radio interview. just like NME and iheart radio and others did.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is truly heartbreaking that the Rumours lineup of Fleetwood Mac will never do a proper "Farewell Tour" - especially now due to Covid killing the touring industry.

We truly deserved to see the Rumours lineup together one last time before someone passes away. Sadly, it may be too late. A great opportunity has been wasted.