User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Thoughts on solo band members: near term, Neale, Brett, Jimmy (if available). 5-8 years - room for new directions.

Did health scare change his outlook on life or music : the last three years - separation from FM, deep irony of his dismissal and damage to legacy - something so minimal causing it. Then bypass surgery now pandemic - led him to realize without or with… See More

During pandemic: new album finished before pandemic. Some writing now, not as much as normally would, unsure why. Antenna up (humming things into voice mail). Something will kick in in coming year, cyclical thing.

[/I]
5-8 years he'll be looking at age 80!!

What's the "See more"? was it a link to more of his answer to this question? Seems like it's incomplete

One would imagine he would be impacted by the lethargy and discombobulation caused by the pandemic like everyone else, which would make writing harder.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's great to hear he still has a relationship with Neale. I met Neale in 2011 and was such a nice man. He actually told me not to get back surgery because they cut you up in your guts or something

I remember when Neale shared a message to The Ledge after the UK SWS Tour was cancelled!
Old 12-08-2020, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Events of the Past Few Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
5-8 years he'll be looking at age 80!!

What's the "See more"? was it a link to more of his answer to this question? Seems like it's incomplete
Conclusion of note: With or without music, family is what is really important.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Conclusion of note: With or without music, family is what is really important.
ah... thanks for that!!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone who was at Q&A posted a video of the end of the Q&A when everyone is thanking Lindsey and yelling stuff like release a single and its so adorable. He smiles like a little boy and everyone is so happy. Definitely puts a smile on your face! ❤️

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
John Lewis you mean.

#goodtrouble
Michelle is saying a joke in that.
I got it but some may not

At least that what I got out of it. She was being very clever or accidently clever
Thanks for the rehash of the Q & A

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-10-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Michelle is saying a joke in that.
I got it but some may not

At least that what I got out of it. She was being very clever or accidently clever
i don't get it.

i get the part re SN dreaming about civil rights leaders. but LB mentioned good trouble. not sure what else he said.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-10-2020, 09:56 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't get it.

i get the part re SN dreaming about civil rights leaders. but LB mentioned good trouble. not sure what else he said.
I saw it as a joke because when John Lewis died, there were several idiot US Senators (Marco Rubio) and other congressmen who tweeted their condolences to Lewis but tweeted the photo of Cunningham. This caused quite a stir of course.
I took it that Michelle was taking a swipe at Stevie of her casual interest in things along the same path of people confusing Lewis with Cunningham. Maybe that was not her intent but Michelle is extremely clever so I expect it was making fun of Stevie and her relationship with the facts and casual interest in US history and civil rights leaders in her new song.

Here is one the articles that happened that day:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/marc...ry?id=71861129

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-11-2020 at 07:09 AM..
Old 12-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw it as a joke because when John Lewis died, there were several idiot US Senators (Marco Rubio) and other congressmen who tweeted their condolences to Lewis but tweeted the photo of Cunningham. This caused quite a stir of course.
I took it that Michelle was taking a swipe at Stevie of her casual interest in things along the same path of people confusing Lewis with Cunningham.
Elijah Cummings. yes, i remember those idiotic tweets. and SN talking dreaming about civil rights leaders she doesn't name in her song. double joke maybe you are saying? lol y'all are too clever for me!

Lindsey said good trouble but i was not sure whether he also said something that's a reminder of Rep Cummings that Michele referred to.

Old 12-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elijah Cummings. yes, i remember those idiotic tweets. and SN talking dreaming about civil rights leaders she doesn't name in her song. double joke maybe you are saying? lol y'all are too clever for me!

Lindsey said good trouble but i was not sure whether he also said something that's a reminder of Rep Cummings that Michele referred to.
We will have to wait for Michelle for the official ruling. Like I said, she is very clever so I got the joke. But if it was by accident, she was accidently funny.

I am putting my money on it being an intentional joke
Very clever btw

The phrase Good Trouble is exclusively linked to John Lewis. So no doubt what Lindsey meant. I take it Michelle was poking fun at Stevie and the stupidity of some invoking their "knowledge" of cultural references in the civil rights era.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-11-2020 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-11-2020, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We will have to wait for Michelle for the official ruling. Like I said, she is very clever so I got the joke. But if it was by accident, she was accidently funny.

I am putting my money on it being an intentional joke
Very clever btw

The phrase Good Trouble is exclusively linked to John Lewis. So no doubt what Lindsey meant. I take it Michelle was poking fun at Stevie and the stupidity of some invoking their "knowledge" of cultural references in the civil rights era.
Haha we overanalyzed / ran this one into the ground havent we?!

Old 12-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart end of Q&A

Old 12-13-2020, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No I was just referring to good trouble.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:47 PM
Ledgie

I thought the questions were pretty good (nothing too cringe).

I was thinking about how Lindsey said he wasnt writing a lot at the moment. I bet the interaction with his fans and the concert from home helps put him into that creative mindset.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyVisions View Post
I thought the questions were pretty good (nothing too cringe).

I was thinking about how Lindsey said he wasnt writing a lot at the moment. I bet the interaction with his fans and the concert from home helps put him into that creative mindset.
you'd think too that he'd have a decent backlog of stuff......