Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Daily Fail. . .

This trash wasn't worth linking.VULTURES! ! !

Hilarious that they would state Lindsey Buckingham avoided becoming this that or the other. . .the man is/was a stark raving loon
Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Crap.. if there's a curse then it's in all people who abused drugs in the 60's and 70's. And many of them died young, far more than the late FM members. What is more ridiculous, they became "heroes" because of dying young (I read long ago they didn't forgive Bob Dylan for having survived all these years).

So boring, like when they started to say there were satanic messages in Eagles' Hotel California and Styx's Snowblind, when playing the songs in reverse.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
For Billy it must have been a stressful life, always on tour, infact he said that shortly after returning from a tour he felt short of breath and went to the hospital, where doctors quickly admitted him and performed open heart surgery.
Plus, the road isn't exactly the healthiest place in terms of diet and exercise. I found the "stress" of touring had more to do with food than the hard work, crazy long hours, and endless traveling. I actually enjoyed THAT part of the road.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read all the gossip mags and I enjoy them very much. I have a huge collection in my closet. You'd think I owned a magazine shop if you saw how many there are. I don't have much free time so I read them when I'm able. I keep them in order by date. Some go back to 2009. I love reading the old ones because whatever it was that they claimed the celebrity was doing was usually denied by the celeb or their press agent. Then six months to a year later come to find out it was true.

A good example of this was the mags were reporting that Madonna and Guy were seperated and getting a divorce. Both camps denied and guess what? They got a divorce. The mags reported Will and Jada were divorcing and that was denied and guess what? D-i-v-o-r-c-e.

These mags know they can be sued so I'd bet they are careful what they state as fact.I will admit they are not always correct. For example they say in practicaly every issue that Brangelina is breaking up and they are still together or that Jennifer Aniston is preggers and to my knowledge she has not had any children.

An aquaitance of mine gives me approx. 40 new mags every other week and I laugh to myself knowing that the current issue won't be read for another two years.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why is everyone so quick to dismiss this article as crap? It's not like it's dishing out accusations or gossip...everything it mentions seems to be well-documented in the history of Fleetwood Mac: Peter Green's mental health problems, Jeremy's sudden departure to join Children of God, Bob Weston's affair with Boyd, and now Bob Welch's unfortunate suicide.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Plus, the road isn't exactly the healthiest place in terms of diet and exercise. I found the "stress" of touring had more to do with food than the hard work, crazy long hours, and endless traveling. I actually enjoyed THAT part of the road.
You are right, they often don't have the time to have a normal lunch or dinner, sometimes they don't even eat (I remember Lindsey complained in the backstage of Rumours Tour because he didn't eat anything since morning) and maybe they only drink strong drinks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003
Why is everyone so quick to dismiss this article as crap? It's not like it's dishing out accusations or gossip...everything it mentions seems to be well-documented in the history of Fleetwood Mac
Because those journalists often exaggerate the facts, sometimes they lie writing about things they don't even know and their lack of sensitivity is appalling, specially when a celebrity dies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
So boring, like when they started to say there were satanic messages in Eagles' Hotel California and Styx's Snowblind, when playing the songs in reverse.
Oh my God, do you know that someone tried to do the same with "Rihannon" and "Gold dust woman" and people on Youtube think that there are satanic messages in it if you reverse the tape? That's so stupid...

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-11-2012 at 07:19 PM..
Old 06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And that's why I've always turned down tour offers. I'm just not built for the road. I love hard work, but I also love sleeping in my own bed, and hanging with my friends after a show. I think I would hate being gone for weeks at a time....
Old 06-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And that's why I've always turned down tour offers. I'm just not built for the road. I love hard work, but I also love sleeping in my own bed, and hanging with my friends after a show. I think I would hate being gone for weeks at a time....
I'd like to do it, if I was a musician and I already knew how to play the guitar. Even if I have some articular problems I'd like to live "on the road". I lived almost 2 years with hundreds of cockroaches, spiders (that frighten me) and toxic mold without a heater at almost 14° F, so I'd be willing to take the risk!
Do you remember when Stevie said that Chris always slept on the speakers in the van? Poor her back! Can you imagine how she walked in the morning? I'd have loved to sleep in that van with her too, I'm sure it was a freezer at night during winter and real penguins often came to visit her, and an oven during summer, so she could cook eggs by simply placing them on the car body.
Surely you've thought a lot about it before deciding not to tour. Since you can still play but at the same time sleep on a real bed, take a shower in your own home, being free to hang out with your friends and, most important thing, protect your health, you made the right choice!

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-11-2012 at 09:11 PM..
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because those journalists often exaggerate the facts, sometimes they lie writing about things they don't even know and their lack of sensitivity is appalling, specially when a celebrity dies..
I agree with you there. but I don't see anything in this article that is exaggerated, or that I would consider a "lie." Everything in the article is, I believe, generally accepted among fans as being true.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They were too harsh...
Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't stand these rags.They drive me nuts with all the fabricated stories they publish.They can leave Bob and the rest of the Fleetwood Mac family alone.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Why is everyone so quick to dismiss this article as crap? It's not like it's dishing out accusations or gossip...everything it mentions seems to be well-documented in the history of Fleetwood Mac.
Oh yes but it is ridiculously funny to suggest there is a "curse", specially about people who abuse drugs; I'm not saying all FM members did, and of course this is about all rockers and not specifically about Bob Welch death, but I just think when you had a life with excess, it pays its toll. And nobody forced them, it was their choice (I know it was usual and part of the "culture" in those days, but I can't believe they didn't even think it was harmful).

Quote:
Oh my God, do you know that someone tried to do the same with "Rihannon" and "Gold dust woman" and people on Youtube think that there are satanic messages in it if you reverse the tape? That's so stupid...
Now that you mention it, I recall about GDW too. Plop!!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
I agree with you there. but I don't see anything in this article that is exaggerated, or that I would consider a "lie." Everything in the article is, I believe, generally accepted among fans as being true.
If that's what you choose to believe, fine for you. But don't claim that I or other people believe some of the crap in that article.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Now that you mention it, I recall about GDW too. Plop!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyKk7M7V9F8 Someone wrote that she was singing "My Lord is you", "What it is about my evil", "Forgive me" and "Evil warping's in Order" I'm sure Stevie would laugh so hard listening to it!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyKk7M7V9F8 Someone wrote that she was singing "My Lord is you", "What it is about my evil", "Forgive me" and "Evil warping's in Order" I'm sure Stevie would laugh so hard listening to it!
I didn't know it was in youtube!! I can't hear the phrases they mention. Maybe a "forgive" , but not "forgive me". It's just coincidence.. hey WAIT! SO IT IS TRUE!!! THE RUMOURS WERE TRUE!!! MICK SAID IT IN HIS BOOK!!!

Meanwhile, as 1976 drew to a close, our career began to accelerate. In November our three-year-old album Mystery to Me was awarded a gold album; sales had been substantially goosed by increased airplay of "Hypnotized." Then, as we wrapped up our new album, John McVie came up with a new title for the record.

Rumours.

It was brilliantly apt. It seemed at the time that everyone in the music business in southern California had the exclusive inside dope about the secret lives of Fleetwood Mac, and no one hesitated to circulate the most scurrilous tales. They said that Stevie was sleeping with me; that Christine had run off with Lindsey; that Stevie was seeing both John and me on alternate Wednesdays; that violent fistfights were commonplace in the studio; that Stevie was definitely leaving the band next Friday; that Stevie had left us months ago and this was the reason the new album had been delayed; that we were all crippled by mass quantities of alcohol and cocaine; that Stevie practiced black magic and led a coven of witches in the Hollywood Hills; that Fleetwood Mac was a burnt-out case.