User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine can still write. I loved her BuckVie Contributions.
But she has no voice left. None of them really do. Either nasal, or whispering, or yelling, or croaking. Oh my.

I love BuckVie, too. If Lindsey could produce a BV II, that would be great. I wouldn't wager on it happening, though.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But she has no voice left. None of them really do. Either nasal, or whispering, or yelling, or croaking. Oh my.

I love BuckVie, too. If Lindsey could produce a BV II, that would be great. I wouldn't wager on it happening, though.
This is stunning to me! And I love that Brooch. BuckVie II would make me fly to Indiana to see it with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTKY...&start_radio=1
Old 06-02-2021, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We could've had new FM music played on the On With the Show Tour too. But Songs from the Vault was more important
Old 06-02-2021, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But $tevie SAYS $he's not the boss!!! $he's really let her ego go wild since her Mom died. $he is a snake. Hi$$....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Lindsey is the only one capable...to go forward.
Stevie can’t write and prefers Divadom, in her Ivory tower, Christine (sorry) is too old, John’s had enough.
So this is where there were some interesting quotes from Walter Egan in that podcast that elle provided a link to.

He talks about his (previously talked about by him) wild crush on Stevie and how they sorta were 'dating' or 'hanging out' together for about a month during the making of his first album (and that his hit from it, Magnet and Steel, was about her). All kinda the usual.

But then throughout he works in these casual, sort of passive-aggressive comments about her. It didn't really surprise me, the way he did it, because it seems like anyone remotely around Herself tiptoes carefully in what they say because if She doesn't like it, they will be banished from her graces (and possibly forced to walk back what they said, a la Waddy).

So anyway he talks about how much he "loved that girl" ie, the girl who Stevie was in those days, and how nice she was. Then he adds that he's "sure she's still a nice person, way deep down inside" ...clearly implying that she's not so nice anymore on the outside.... He says that it must be hard being that famous and so in the public eye that 'of course it must change you' in all sorts of ways. He says that she now has a "fortress around her" so no one can really just get in touch with her. He does manage to get backstage when she plays nearby (sounds like he's around Nashville).

He described what it's like going backstage-- there's no chance of any real one-on-one time, "you're in a room with a million people" and you just basically have to stand there waiting and hoping that she notices you and comes and talks to you. He mentioned how you sort of try to subtly get her attention so she'll come over. And when she does, you only get a few brief minutes with her (part of this is beyond her control in that there are sooo many people and everyone wants some piece of her time. So I do get in that sense that having a Karen or someone to be the 'bad cop' who hustles her along is kinda necessary, because people will get nasty and pissy if they don't get any chance to talk with her. It would seem like you'd feel better about that though if the QUALITY of the time you did get with her was high quality.. ie that she didn't just treat you like any other meet-and-greet peon).

He did say that he and LB loosely keep in touch and they do usually go out for dinner or something when LB is in town. He commented that once they got stratospherically famous it just changed everything and it's its own world, and you can, at best, just pop into it every once in a while. My sense when he was saying this was the machinery that surrounds them (LB's "Big Machine") takes over, and for some people, the ego stuff too.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-02-2021 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-02-2021, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
We could've had new FM music played on the On With the Show Tour too. But Songs from the Vault was more important
Because it ain't about art anymore. $$$$$$$tevie!
Old 06-02-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Because it ain't about art anymore. $$$$$$$tevie!
If only $he respected the band like $he claims $he does. I wish $he would have just quit and let the other 4 carry on. $he could go make money, and we could get more music.

$he strangled the band. (I think Tony said that.) But I love that analogy.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is stunning to me! And I love that Brooch. BuckVie II would make me fly to Indiana to see it with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTKY...&start_radio=1
That sounds pretty good, and it's only dropped a half step(although the original was never completely in C - Lindsey had been f*cking with the tape speed[I HATE it when I can't play along without retuning - which is half of Tusk]).

These days I see nearly all my shows in Nashville. Indy is an hour away from Bloomington, and nearly all tours hit both towns, so I just wait for the Nashville date! I can walk to all venues in town, cocktail in hand. No driving, no paying $30 to park, and hit the honky tonks the minute the concert is over.
See ya in Nashville!
Old 06-02-2021, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If only $he respected the band like $he claims $he does. I wish $he would have just quit and let the other 4 carry on. $he could go make money, and we could get more music.

$he strangled the band. (I think Tony said that.) But I love that analogy.
I've said for 15 years that $he's the worst thing that ever happened to FM.

Her stardom killed their creativity. Gotta milk those hits!!!
Old 06-02-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I've said for 15 years that $he's the worst thing that ever happened to FM.

Her stardom killed their creativity. Gotta milk those hits!!!
Chili was right, they should have kicked her out after Mirage.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Much reverence to ChiliD

What I find interesting is that while FM needed her in the band to be marketable and have respectful sales, she also needed FM to make bank for a while. I'd say 05-13.
Attendance and ticket prices at FM shows in 09 and 13 were greater than her solo shows. Stevie's the star, but that name Fleetwood Mac just sells even more.

Come 2014 or 2015, she probably could've went on a solo tour without a special guest such as Pretenders, and played the sports arenas. She had Glee and American Horror Story momentum.

Then we couldve had a four member tour with new music.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chili is always right!!!

I hope he's doing better now. I believe he's back at home, again.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Its interesting to think of the possibilities because after Mirage she did not give the Mac any real hits. Lindsey probably would not have left in 1987 and its interesting how the rest of their career would have played out. They clearly would not be as rich as they are today since Stevie puts butts in the seats but their legacy would have been better defined.

Stevie's solo career would have still went through the decline and maybe still there would have been a Dance reunion that saved both their careers.

We all know Irving made the Mac surrender bigger percentages to Stevie for touring. I just wonder if that started as early as Mirage (since she was a big solo star).
Old 06-03-2021, 08:14 AM

It's a bit telling that they did one album without Christine McVie. And she was gone for 15 years. That's really very sad.
I have a feeling they liked SYW about as much as I did. I hope Lindsey releases his solo album soon. No rolling it into anything this time!!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-03-2021 at 08:31 AM..
Old 06-03-2021, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's a bit telling that they did one album without Christine McVie. And she was gone for 15 years. That's really very sad.
I don't know how Lindsey got Stevie to participate in Extended Play. The boys wanted to do an album in 08 but she was in the mindset of "Internet Piracy"
Old 06-03-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't know how Lindsey got Stevie to participate in Extended Play. The boys wanted to do an album in 08 but she was in the mindset of "Internet Piracy"
HELLO HELLO HELLO SAD ANGEL was pretty sad.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-03-2021 at 08:41 AM..