User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2022, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Thank you for posting that. This is why I'm glad to be back at the ledge. I need to see all these things, it helps my heart. ♥
Yes thank you to those who posted these amp-sitting videos of Chris and John. How absolutely lovely that they got to have that time together in what turned out to be Chris’s twilight years. It makes my heart feel so glad that she got to do this instead of isolating herself in her English castle.
Old 12-04-2022, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Yes thank you to those who posted these amp-sitting videos of Chris and John. How absolutely lovely that they got to have that time together in what turned out to be Chris’s twilight years. It makes my heart feel so glad that she got to do this instead of isolating herself in her English castle.
Yes, those are my thoughts exactly. What a gift that was for her, and for all of us....and for all of them, too, really.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Thank you for posting that. This is why I'm glad to be back at the ledge. I need to see all these things, it helps my heart. ♥
you are so welcome and i'm so glad you got to come back to the fold of the site you started and kept going and then Michele kept going for all of us all these years - so now we have some place to come back to and spend this time together celebrating Christine and her full, well lived life and huge legacy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2022, 05:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

This thread speaks to me in so many ways. Chris’ passing has reawakened my deep irritation and distaste at Stevie and Lindsey for the nonstop display of pettiness that has marked their presence in Fleetwood Mac. It really does go all the way back to Rumours but obviously came out in sordid detail when she orchestrated his firing, though there is ample evidence of poor behavior from both of them over the past four decades. For people who are capable of making such lovely music, they really have shown themselves to be selfish and nasty so very many times. I am sad that their narrative was the one that was front and center, especially after 1997 when it became their true cash cow.

The one consolation I do have is that Chris probably was fine with her role and with the two drama queens absorbing the spotlight. And in the end, the tributes we see speak to the person she was, and how she was loved.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to all for replying to this thread. I guess Christine's passing made me really long for the drama between band members to cease. To be more like Christine! I'm so glad that the press got everything right about Christine in the end and the rest of the world considered her to be the classiest adult in the room, which fans have been saying for decades. Its wonderful that the writeups about her have not been littered with drug and rehab references. Other members won't be so lucky.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Thanks to all for replying to this thread. I guess Christine's passing made me really long for the drama between band members to cease. To be more like Christine! I'm so glad that the press got everything right about Christine in the end and the rest of the world considered her to be the classiest adult in the room, which fans have been saying for decades. Its wonderful that the writeups about her have not been littered with drug and rehab references. Other members won't be so lucky.
I completely agree. The press got it right!
Old 12-05-2022, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I completely agree. The press got it right!
They really did. I think her reappearance in the last decade helped. It sort of reminded people who she was and how she was.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Very very true. Other members will not fare nearly as well when they are remembered.

I think Chris’ passing has given me a new appreciation of how deftly she actually did negotiate the Stevie/Lindsey conflict. She really walked the walk in terms of putting the music first, both by making BuckVie with Lindsey and then taking the opportunity to tour with the Finn/Campbell incarnation. She was also clear on her affection for all of the band members and spoke of them kindly, even when she was candid about things. At the time, I didn’t always appreciate how wisely she managed it.

I have really enjoyed the friendship between Chris and John (those clips!) as well as the one between Chris and Mick. It’s strange — for those of us who lived through The Dance, so much was made of the reconciliation of BN. In the end that was mostly for show and very, very short lived. But the real love story was the other three members treating each other with kindness.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I have really enjoyed the friendship between Chris and John (those clips!) as well as the one between Chris and Mick. It’s strange — for those of us who lived through The Dance, so much was made of the reconciliation of BN. In the end that was mostly for show and very, very short lived. But the real love story was the other three members treating each other with kindness.
Those three were Fleetwood Mac (no disrespect to Stevie, Lindsey, or any of the others).

It always annoyed me at how Christine’s involvement with the original lineup has been downplayed over the years. While she wasn’t an original member, she was part of the story from the beginning, with Chicken Shack playing immediately before Fleetwood Mac’s debut at the Windsor festival. Eight months later, she was playing in the studio with the band and was married to John four months after that, which was a week before Danny’s debut. She was financially tied to Fleetwood Mac for all but one year of its existence.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-05-2022, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post

Oh wow. That made me cry. Very very true, that the real love story between those 3 dear friends sort of went unrecognized.

--Lis
Old 12-06-2022, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Yes to all of this. If she had not rejoined the press would have been like.......oh yeah remember her? She was a former Fleetwood Mac member that quit and disappeared 25 years ago.
Christine's power should not be under estimated. At her age to desire to hit the stage again and over come her fear and anxiety is nothing short of amazing. Because of this she was able to record an album and do 3 tours and eventually even sold her catalog which the stock went up in after her rejoining. She made Fleetwood Mac......Fleetwood Mac again.
I am so glad she had that strength to do what she did. No doubt a litte of her mom's psychic powers also got to let her see a little bit of the future. What is your legacy Chris? She nailed it.
Old 12-07-2022, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The hardest thing right now is knowing we could have had more from her had the other four gotten their acts together. She loved recording for a project--even as late as 2020 she was saying she's always game for recording.

I want to hear the song she wrote and sang that was left off the BuckVie record.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The hardest thing right now is knowing we could have had more from her had the other four gotten their acts together. She loved recording for a project--even as late as 2020 she was saying she's always game for recording.

I want to hear the song she wrote and sang that was left off the BuckVie record.
The hardest part for me so far is waking up and remembering she died. It's grueling.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The hardest part for me so far is waking up and remembering she died. It's grueling.
I know. It’s so shocking to me. Maybe it shouldn’t be, but it is. I wake, remember she is gone and feel this incredible sense of loss.