User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've peed next to him, and didn't find him that friendly.

That was because he had to say to you “dude, my eyes are up here”.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Yes, that was something. So little words in that song. I wonder if it was "Love is Like a Grain of Sand."
In his book Crazy Like Me (available on Amazon end of plug LOL) Billy writes: We were really good friends, and Lindsey and I would go to his house and write. He wanted me to write some lyrics for “Oh Diane.” I wrote them and he said they didn’t work for him, but then he ended up using a few of them anyway. That’s when I said, “Whatever.”
Old 12-07-2022, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was a very cool interview. A lot of questions, a lot of frank answers. And you know what, it's clear Billy has been successful. You can't play with FM, Dylan and Fogherty and NOT be!

I wish I could get my hands on the Becca and Billy album. I've tried before.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This was a very cool interview. A lot of questions, a lot of frank answers. And you know what, it's clear Billy has been successful. You can't play with FM, Dylan and Fogherty and NOT be!

I wish I could get my hands on the Becca and Billy album. I've tried before.
Yeah, but he never seemed to have much success solo. Almost always a side man.

I've got a copy of that album somewhere. A Ledgie sent it to me years ago.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

oh Wow. This interview was off the chain. I wanted so much more!!!!!! He remembers so much even the first bad review from Pittsburgh. We all want to know how Rick was picked so its interesting he was in the studio with him when Mick asked him to join. Maybe Billy lobbied Rick to join? I wish Billy was asked that.
Its nice to know and comforting to know that Stevie and Chris wanted Billy back but not Mick's management. How odd. 2 year fight with Mick. No sh*t. No doubt.
I am floored Stevie's management let her only take 1/6 of tour proceeds. WTF did Irving allow this? So her bigger cut only came on Mirage?
SteveMacD - you were right. Billy did find out about a brewing Dance reunion in late 1995.
I want to know why Billy did not tour with Christine in 1984. He must of had another project. I forgot how close he was to Lindsey. Nice of him to speak with Lindsey to get his approval when joining. The Oh Diane words make sense since the song is so bad. Only kidding Billy!!!!!
Fascinating he coordinated the inaugural concert yet was uninvited because of Lindsey.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think you’re 100% right, and your explanation makes total sense. Another reason to like Billy so much.

I found it so interesting that Mick (and maybe John) made the call to invite someone other than Billy to join FM. I’m beginning to realize how much of the final decision making seems to depend on Mick. When it comes to the band, he’s pretty ruthless- not in a cutthroat way, but how he separates the band from his personal life. Billy is a good friend of his, yet Mick didn’t cave and let him rejoin. Ouch. Yet maybe that was a good decision, I don't know. Just very telling to me.

I want to hang out and have a beer with Billy!
I wonder if that had more to with Billy not being a big enough name these days though one could argue Neil Finn isn't exactly a big name either. CH had some hits years ago but what have they done since? I knew of CH but didn't know the members names so when Neil was announced I had no idea who he was.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean, I didn’t want to say it, but aside from the fact Neil Finn had one of the great songs of the ‘80s, there’s this…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1A5FFA9D-99FE-4022-9A9D-7D479EAAAE98.jpg (97.9 KB, 29 views)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2022, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I mean, I didn’t want to say it, but aside from the fact Neil Finn had one of the great songs of the ‘80s, there’s this…
Oh wow.

Is that picture from 2014? Mick looks heavier (in a good way) there. Mick looked thinner in 2018.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In his book Crazy Like Me (available on Amazon end of plug LOL) Billy writes: We were really good friends, and Lindsey and I would go to his house and write. He wanted me to write some lyrics for “Oh Diane.” I wrote them and he said they didn’t work for him, but then he ended up using a few of them anyway. That’s when I said, “Whatever.”
But Richard Dashut got co-writing for Oh Diane. I wonder what words Billy wrote. Again hardly any words in the song. Maybe Billy wrote the chorus.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Oh wow.

Is that picture from 2014? Mick looks heavier (in a good way) there. Mick looked thinner in 2018.
I think it was the 14-15 tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2022, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I wonder if that had more to with Billy not being a big enough name these days though one could argue Neil Finn isn't exactly a big name either. CH had some hits years ago but what have they done since? I knew of CH but didn't know the members names so when Neil was announced I had no idea who he was.
Neil Finn has been doing art rock. Think of it this way: “Big Love,” which hit #5, was released as a single on March 23, 1987. “Something So Strong,” which went to #7, was released as a single in April 1, 1987. Neither Lindsey nor Neil have had hit singles since, at least in the United States. Neil Finn has released a steady stream of albums since. He has like 25 career releases (Split Enz, Crowded House, solo, etc), compared to Lindsey’s fifteen.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2022, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Woah! Thanks for share!! Amazing interview, so nice to read it. It helps to know about the band of those times and to learn more about how Billy had been meeting the other members, even Lindsey. I think he had the fate of FM, was just a matter of time to hear Fleetwood's call asking him to join, but he had enough works before to join them.
It was really rare the way it ended. I mean, after a show, FM was not but was planning the Buckingham-Nicks return, and Billy was mad and fell used, but doesn't feel the same right now.
Oh, and if Richard Dashut co-wrote Oh Diane, I guess Billy worked with both Richard and Lindsey, or Richard worked later to "erase?" Billy's contribution to the song
Old 12-08-2022, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We all want to know how Rick was picked so its interesting he was in the studio with him when Mick asked him to join. Maybe Billy lobbied Rick to join? I wish Billy was asked that.
Billy and Rick had been working together for a little while on songwriting demos. Billy played one such demo for Roy Orbison, which is how both ended up on Mystery Girl. Roy specifically requested the lead guitarist on the demo.

I recall reading that Mick met Rick in the mid-80s, probably through Billy, and that Rick was planning on making a blues album with Mick on drums.

Anyway, when Mick made the call to Billy’s manager, it was for both Billy and Rick. The manager called Billy in the studio, and Billy told Rick about it. I also remember Stevie saying she insisted on going to dinner with Mick, Billy, and Rick to discuss joining the band, I think the following night.

How cool would that have been to get asked to join Fleetwood Mac while in the studio recording with Roy Orbison?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2022, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was because he had to say to you “dude, my eyes are up here”.
Eww, totally wrong, ma'am.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its so sad the Zoo got fired from a Beach Boys tour because of their drunken antics. This was just 2 years before Tango sessions. No wonder Lindsey hit the escape hatch after the record was complete.
Was this why Mick's management prevented Billy from rejoining the band in 2018. They feared Mick lapsing into the abyss again?
In Mick's second book he does write how he and Billy drank excessively during all their tours together.
Its just crazy to think one member can fire a guitarist. The rest of the band wants a certain guitarist yet the management of the drummer prevents the hiring. Its so dysfunctional.