User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
The M&M/Choc. Chip combo cookies are the best! I haven't had one in a reallllllllllly long time. I try not to look at them.
Mmm, sounds yummy. I make a mean cookie, the secret is using real butter! I just had a lollipop to satisfy that raging sweets craving. I'm okay, just can't look at that cookie pic again!
Old 01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Be careful y'all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Mmm, sounds yummy. I make a mean cookie, the secret is using real butter! I just had a lollipop to satisfy that raging sweets craving. I'm okay, just can't look at that cookie pic again!
all this talk of cookies may cause the relig-a-tards in the world to claim Sesame Street's "Cookie Monster" is either a pedophile or gay (Last time I look he was made of carpet fabric, Kinda hard to be gay when yer nuthin' but a piece of blue carpet...But I am sure the relig-a-tards will say he is gay since there's a hand up his ass )

Seriously, As long as a child has a safe home environment and is not neglected I have no problem with Gay/Lesbian couples raising the child...Children want love, Plain and simple as that!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17

Gimme a cookie. I haven't said anything about "gays" in awhile.

Yes, lets discuss cookies instead. Is there such a thing as a bad cookie? (Well maybe low carb bran cookies....but it isn't their fault)

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
They say its just always best to satisfy your cravings in small doses. For example, every now and then I'll get a chocolate craving, so what I do is buy those multi-pack hershey mini-bars (with mr goodbar and milk/dark chocolate) and I'll eat 2 to satisfy the cravings. I also buy those 60 calorie fudge pops and every now and then ill fight a craving with 1 of those.
See that doesn't work for me - I'd eat two and think - ah two more won't hurt me - before I know it I'd eat the whole bag in one sitting

I have serious issues with sweets - I can't have them around at all - or I eat them...ALL....I'm SUCH a choco-holic....so I should clarify - I can't have chocolate sweets around - if it doesn't have chocolate I am not so interested
Old 01-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
Is there such a thing as a bad cookie?
I don't believe so. Seriously, cookies are my weakness. Chocolate Chip, Soft Ginger, Oatmeal, Sugar, Shortbread . . . Oh, wait, there is such a thing as a bad cookie. The Danish Wedding Cookie. Those? are nasty. (Or maybe it's just the ones my mom bakes?)

Old 01-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How about those Pepperidge Farm cookies? I really like the Chessmen and Chantilly ones.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default need more info...

Conclusion

The research literature on childrearing by homosexual parents is limited
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. maybe the authors of this article should have started with that premise....

I think that this is something that should certainly be looked at, but it should be noted that there is plenty of violence in hetero relationships, its just that many women dont make reports or they are not taken seriously if they do.

Personally I think its too soon for an article of this nature to be written simply because gay partners have not been "parenting" all that long. I think, in order for this type of research to be taken seriously, you would need to study ADULT children whose parents were gay/lesbian.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
Individuals who practice a homosexual lifestyle are more likely than heterosexuals to experience mental illness, substance abuse, suicidal tendencies, and shortened life spans. Although some would claim that these dysfunctions are a result of societal pressures in America, the same dysfunctions exist at inordinately high levels among homosexuals in cultures were the practice is more widely accepted.
All you have to do is look at this section to realize it's certainly not scientific. Scientific writing has a quality of sounding unrhetorical, so they certainly would not pose a refutation, which is a purely rhetorical technique. Plus, the whole thing is active voice, another purely rhetorical technique. What do you know? My communications major DOES serve a purpose!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
Yes, lets discuss cookies instead. Is there such a thing as a bad cookie? (Well maybe low carb bran cookies....but it isn't their fault)
I am a whore for anything with "bran" in it's title.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I am a whore for anything with "bran" in it's title.

Really? I've never known anyone who is a fan of bran....that's kind of odd...

Though I love when the bran flakes get all mushy in raisin bran
Old 01-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Really? I've never known anyone who is a fan of bran....that's kind of odd...

Though I love when the bran flakes get all mushy in raisin bran
1. Bran is healthy.
2. Bran is good for your system, if you catch my drift.
3. Bran has so much fiber in it that it's like you're eating air, you can eat as much as you want and not gain anything.
4. Bran has all GOOD carbs.

I usually have bran muffins every morning.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
All this cookie talk is confusing me. Well firstly we call them biscuits, but I got the cookie part down. I won't bother asking what they all are because it really doesn't matter to me either way, but there are bran cookies? I mean, I know that's not ridiculous in itself but there are plain bran ones, nothing else to them? Hmmm maybe I took the cookie talk too seriously.
The ones I buy are sweetened with sugar substitues (usually Splenda). I try not to eat much sugar and there are some good ones out there that taste pretty good, so I figure why not. If they tasted like unsweetened bran flakes, though, there's no way in hell I could swallow one. Might as well just eat a paper envelope.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
1. Bran is healthy.
2. Bran is good for your system, if you catch my drift.
3. Bran has so much fiber in it that it's like you're eating air, you can eat as much as you want and not gain anything.
4. Bran has all GOOD carbs.

I usually have bran muffins every morning.
well...when you put it like that - sure it sounds good

I have never had a lot of bran - but I'm adverse to it either - like I said - I like me some mushy bran cereal lol...
Old 01-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Here was I thinking that there was an American food product that was not covered in sugar. Seriously, the foods over there are quite astounding. My family has never spent so much time in a supermarket. We took forever digging through the foods in an effort to find products that were somewhat natural and not drenched in sugar or fat. The only things we could find were fruit and bran. It appeared that if anything could potentially be tranformed into something unnatural and sugary, then it was. One of my memories of LA was stopping at a set of lights and needing to vomit because of the smell of fat in the air where a number of fast-food outlets were located. Oh and all American meals should be halved in size. I've never seen so much food. So good boy, get that bran into!
wow - interesting to see the perpective on a non-American on our food - the sucky thing too - is that the crappy bad food is CHEAP in comparison to food that is good for you or organic or relatively healthy at all...eating right costs a lot of money here it seems...
Old 01-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
wow - interesting to see the perpective on a non-American on our food - the sucky thing too - is that the crappy bad food is CHEAP in comparison to food that is good for you or organic or relatively healthy at all...eating right costs a lot of money here it seems...
Yes, it does cost more. The free range organic eggs I buy are 3x the cost of regular eggs, maybe more. But I won't eat the regular ones anymore. I try to buy as much organic stuff as possible. Deanna, I also love the mushy raisin bran! Isn't that weird?

Lux, you're right about how gross food is here. I don't understand why people buy all that crap. Real food tastes better. I guess the advertising brainwashes people into thinking things are "good". I dunno.

What are the food like in supermarkets down under?