User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I thought that was a great movie, too. And you know I was crying when he was thinking that nothing had changed and everything he had done had been in vain and then that lesbian was told him how he saved her life and she and her partner were together and happy because he gave them the confidence to declare their love for each other. I loved that.
That was the best part of the movie, IMO. Lynn Redgrave was brilliant in that scene.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
FAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS movie. Neeson should and probably will win the Oscar.

The right-wing fundies have been screaming bloody murder about that movie, trying to get theaters to drop it. Their big argument is that he ushered in AIDS and that he made pedophilia popular.
My big argument is that they're morons...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Well, that goes without saying.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Old 01-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
indeedlydoo. yet, some people still don't know..
other morons, i have to assume...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
FAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS movie. Neeson should and probably will win the Oscar.

The right-wing fundies have been screaming bloody murder about that movie, trying to get theaters to drop it. Their big argument is that he ushered in AIDS and that he made pedophilia popular.
Considering his research clearly demonstrated people were having all kings of sex other than in the marital bed and just not telling anyone about it, AIDS would have come anyway or at least there is no evidence to suport that society was so non-promiscuous prior to it that AIDS could not have appeared. Thus, there argument, like most, is just illogical and meaningless
Old 01-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, the gay guy whose BROTHERS and FATHER BRANDED HIM at the age of THIRTEEN when they caught him messing aroung with his friend was almost too horrific for me to watch
Old 01-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Thus, there argument, like most, is just illogical and meaningless

Personally, I think the first strain of AIDS was introduced via the Tuskegee "experiments," but that's just me.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, the gay guy whose BROTHERS and FATHER BRANDED HIM at the age of THIRTEEN when they caught him messing aroung with his friend was almost too horrific for me to watch

Why...Why? How can people... "Oh, the humanity"
*amber cries*

Old 01-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Personally, I think the first strain of AIDS was introduced via the Tuskegee "experiments," but that's just me.
I think so too or something like that.

I also think medical science was not very advanced until the 60's and even then, not that much compared to the leaps of the 80's and 90's when the disease was "discovered." I think it is possible that the disease existed for hundreds of years and perhaps mutated into a far more contagious strain about thirty years ago - after all, one of the reasons it cannot be treated is because it mutates so much and differently in different people.

Here are some articles:

http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmart.../Curtis92.html

http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmart...ocuments/AIDS/

http://www.trinicenter.com/kwame/2001/nov/152001.htm

http://www.tuskegee.edu/Global/Story.asp?s=1207598

http://www.thebody.com/sowadsky/origin.html

and there are many many more in the net
Old 01-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Why...Why? How can people... "Oh, the humanity"
*amber cries*
Well, it still happens today

I mean look at this:

Matthew Shepherd's funeral, Friday, October 16th, 1998, found a new controversy. Rev. Fred Phelps of the Wesboro Baptist Church (Topeka, Kansas) started organizing a protest over Shepherd's funeral. In his fax announcing this, he urged people to arrive with signs containing messages such as NO TEARS FOR QUEERS, FAG MATT IN HELL, and GOD HATES FAGS. Phelps also started a website with the domain name of www.godhatesfags.com A few protestors did show up at the funeral and caused a little scene, but other than that, things went pretty smoothly, according to those who attended.

http://www.geocities.com/corkymcg/crime/proj005.html

and Swaggart's statement that he would kill any man who looked at him in that way and tell God the guy died - which was met with glee mind you - certainly is dispositive of the current hate in America toward gay people

The whole thing makes me sick And what makes me even sicker than that is these people, esp, Swaggart, are adulterers and sinners themselves. Christ Himself said not to cast stones if I am not mistaken - yet they hypocriticaly demonize those who are different
Old 01-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, it still happens today

I mean look at this:

Matthew Shepherd's funeral, Friday, October 16th, 1998, found a new controversy. Rev. Fred Phelps of the Wesboro Baptist Church (Topeka, Kansas) started organizing a protest over Shepherd's funeral. In his fax announcing this, he urged people to arrive with signs containing messages such as NO TEARS FOR QUEERS, FAG MATT IN HELL, and GOD HATES FAGS. Phelps also started a website with the domain name of www.godhatesfags.com A few protestors did show up at the funeral and caused a little scene, but other than that, things went pretty smoothly, according to those who attended.

http://www.geocities.com/corkymcg/crime/proj005.html

and Swaggart's statement that he would kill any man who looked at him in that way and tell God the guy died - which was met with glee mind you - certainly is dispositive of the current hate in America toward gay people

The whole thing makes me sick And what makes me even sicker than that is these people, esp, Swaggart, are adulterers and sinners themselves. Christ Himself said not to cast stones if I am not mistaken - yet they hypocriticaly demonize those who are different
Thank you, sweetie. I know it happens today. I just can't believe it. My heart is soft, and it's hard for me to fathom that other humans do not have the understanding and soft hearted part of themselves. It really boggles my mind. I really don't understand how it happened. I just can't believe it. It's so upsetting. It really makes me not like humans, sadly. but, of course, I still want justice for humans. I'm sorry i can't say something more intellectual, and smarty, about it, but it just hits my heart like a bullet.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you, sweetie. I know it happens today. I just can't believe it. My heart is soft, and it's hard for me to fathom that other humans do not have the understanding and soft hearted part of themselves. It really boggles my mind. I really don't understand how it happened. I just can't believe it. It's so upsetting. It really makes me not like humans, sadly. but, of course, I still want justice for humans. I'm sorry i can't say something more intellectual, and smarty, about it, but it just hits my heart like a bullet.
oops - I did not mean that in the "Amber you ignorant *(*(* " Saturday Night Live way
Old 01-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oops - I did not mean that in the "Amber you ignorant *(*(* " Saturday Night Live way
Ha, no, I wasn't saying that at all. I was only saying that cause you guys usually discuss this stuff from a more fact based stand point, and provide arguments and data and stuff... and i wanted to respond, but just in a different way....I take it all in, but it just hits my heart first... so I wasn't capable of a very logical argument about it...
Spanks! I appreciate the info. Might not read it all tonight, it hits me hard, i can only take so much... I'm still roiling over the fact that there is a website called "godhatesfags.com"

Last edited by amber; 01-22-2005 at 12:56 AM..
Old 01-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Nope

Quote:
GOD HATES FAGS.

Christ Himself said not to cast stones if I am not mistaken - yet they hypocriticaly demonize those who are different
God doesn't hate anyone. He is up there shaking His head at all the hatred, hypocrisy and disgusting things going on.

Exactly, Jesus said that regarding the prostitute. The Pharisees (I think) were saying she needed to be stoned to death and Jesus came up to them and said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

They all walked away.