Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
QUEEN. I never saw what the big deal was with Queen. I guess they're ok or whatever, but not *AMAZING*.
WHATT???? You'll make me hava a heart attack!!
QUEEN is wonderful! And their music... The Prophet song, Mustafa, Spread your Wings, I'm going slightly mad, Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody to love, etc...!!!

I love Queen, it was my first option until I met the mac... Anyway, nothing is written about tastes. That's the world we live, different colors, different tastes..
Old 01-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Oh boy...

opening a can of worms here...

Blondie (Not a fan, But I do respect them)

The Go-Go's

Culture Club

Black Sabbath (Only with Ozzy Osbourne as the singer...Never cared for the Ozzy led Sabbath)

Sheryl Crow

Any pop singer (I was raised that if you CANNOT pick up a guitar and AT LEAST strum along to a song that you sing you are NOT a musician!!!)

Any pop/punk band (Truckers hats & low strung guitars dont equal punk...It does equal "weak pretender"!)

EVERY NU-METAL BAND!!! (As someone once sang "The Trend is Dead...")

Evanescence (Amy Lee can sing, but the backing musicians need lessons badly!)

Ick & Bitch (I mean Big & Rich...Sorry dudes, You are considered the biggest joke in country music. Your on par with a fictional band Spinal Tap, The only thing is everyone knew Spinal tap was a fictional band!)

Merle Haggard (I laugh at HOW MANY tards assume he lived in Muskogee because of his abomination song about my hometown, He NEVER did!...Hey Merle, Has anymore of the jets ya own crashed with loads of cocaine aboard??? Go f**k yourself ok?)

Garth Brooks (Sorry Garth...Your hometown of Yukon is to country music is what the KKK is to gansta rap! The only cows there are the ones who shop at Wal-Mart!)

Any person who appears on "American Idotic & Tone Deaf Idol" who sings...Sorry folks, Go earn it the hard way by establishing yourself the hard way by WORKING FOR IT (Playing clubs & paying yer dues)...Don't let a bunch of asstard "never-was" judges stand in your way!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 01-19-2005 at 05:45 PM..
Old 01-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
Blondie (Not a fan, But I do respect them)

If you do trade for those boots, maybe they'll change your mind.

That's how I feel about Queen, though. They're f*cking fabulous, there's no denying it, but they just never "grabbed" me like other bands. Mercury does have one of the most incredible voices I've ever heard, though. That man was otherworldly, it's spooky.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ya know - I've owned No Exit since the year it came out - I had someone buy it for me for the Songs Maria and the live Rapture...

Only recently after your breakdown of it and your discussions on Blondie have I listened to the whole thing...and I LOVE it!!

Thanks Diss - I had a great cd already in my collection
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never got into New Kids On the Block.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I will be trading for 'em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

If you do trade for those boots, maybe they'll change your mind.

That's how I feel about Queen, though. They're f*cking fabulous, there's no denying it, but they just never "grabbed" me like other bands. Mercury does have one of the most incredible voices I've ever heard, though. That man was otherworldly, it's spooky.
mainly because another trade I deal with has some music I like that some Blondie will bring me in a trade...

Plus I know y'all like 'em and I dont mind sharing music...Blondie's just not my cup of tea, But as I said, I do respect 'em and I think Debby Harry is sexy as hell.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Ya know - I've owned No Exit since the year it came out - I had someone buy it for me for the Songs Maria and the live Rapture...

Only recently after your breakdown of it and your discussions on Blondie have I listened to the whole thing...and I LOVE it!!

Thanks Diss - I had a great cd already in my collection
I discovered the same thing last year with one of my Bonnie Raitt CDs. I had bought it for a couple songs and had never really listened to it, but when I did, I was blown away.

No Exit is one of my favorite albums from anyone. Everything about it is superb, from the writing to the vocals to the mixing to the production; it's just chillingly good. And it has such a sense of fun to it all, it puts me in a good mood right away.

Any favorite tracks?

Old 01-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I have...

Quote:
some Freddie Mercury solo material that is what I consider "Dance club" music but the **** is addictive as hell...

There will never be another vocalist on par with Farooq "Freddie Mercury" Bulsara in this lifetime!

Old 01-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
mainly because another trade I deal with has some music I like that some Blondie will bring me in a trade...

Plus I know y'all like 'em and I dont mind sharing music...Blondie's just not my cup of tea, But as I said, I do respect 'em and I think Debby Harry is sexy as hell.
She certainly is.

Drop me a line when you feel like trading...

Old 01-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I discovered the same thing last year with one of my Bonnie Raitt CDs. I had bought it for a couple songs and had never really listened to it, but when I did, I was blown away.

No Exit is one of my favorite albums from anyone. Everything about it is superb, from the writing to the vocals to the mixing to the production; it's just chillingly good. And it has such a sense of fun to it all, it puts me in a good mood right away.

Any favorite tracks?
I'm still getting to know the album - I do like the boom boom in the zoom zoom room song - I'm HORRIBLE with song names..I rarely look at the actual sleeve for the names..

The Coolio one was really hard for me to get into because I'm not a Coolio fan - but I've actually enjoyed that song a lot too

I'll let you know as I listen to it more
Old 01-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I never got into New Kids On the Block.
I got into them right before they started going out....I was only in fourth grade - so perhaps you were just too young to be fully obsessed with NKOTB?? haha...nah there are, also, a lot of people who just didn't like them..ya know, people with taste at a young age - I LOVED them
Old 01-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I remember...

Quote:
I got into them right before they started going out....I was only in fourth grade - so perhaps you were just too young to be fully obsessed with NKOTB?? haha...nah there are, also, a lot of people who just didn't like them..ya know, people with taste at a young age - I LOVED them
when the NKOTB played at Skelly Stadium in Tulsa and some of my Tech School friends went to the show. They hung out on 11th Street outside of Skelly Stadium and shot water balloons, (With a bungy cord like rubber band) filled with only God knows what, into the crowd.

Hehehehe...

Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm still getting to know the album - I do like the boom boom in the zoom zoom room song - I'm HORRIBLE with song names..I rarely look at the actual sleeve for the names..

The Coolio one was really hard for me to get into because I'm not a Coolio fan - but I've actually enjoyed that song a lot too

I'll let you know as I listen to it more
Her voice is all over the place on Boom Boom, I love it.

No Exit (the song) took me forever to get into because of Coolio, but I ended up loving it after hearing the live versions with only Debbie.

And since you're terrible at song titles, my favorite tracks are 2, 5, 8, 9, and 14. Some of their best songs EVER.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's disheartening, how many Blondie's are on these lists.

About Queen ~ I do like Radio Gaga, but that's about it.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
It's disheartening, how many Blondie's are on these lists.
I'm sorry, maybe? But really, I'm not

I think if you saw my music collection, you would chuckle. It's all cheese. Thank goodness I'm not lactose intolerate.