User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2021, 07:57 AM
Ledgie

Default Final Stevie Nicks Phonogenics 101 Podcast

Hello friends,

Last night we wrapped up the Stevie Nicks Phonogenics 101 series by diving into the compilations and live albums. Certainly these releases are a bit part of the Stevie Nicks musical story. Check out this episode here and share some of your stories:

https://youtu.be/ETltiLHRLAc

To view the complete series from 'Bella Donna' through the complications, the playlist is here:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...1L8hQgvKgV83ul

Nearly 24 hours of discussion!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your hearts and thoughts - what a pleasure this has been!

Last edited by JeremyGloff; 10-27-2021 at 06:31 PM..
Old 10-26-2021, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
Hello friends,

Last night we wrapped up the Stevie Nicks Phonogenics 101 series by diving into the complications and live albums. Certainly these releases are a bit part of the Stevie Nicks musical story. Check out this episode here and share some of your stories:

https://youtu.be/ETltiLHRLAc

To view the complete series from 'Bella Donna' through the complications, the playlist is here:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...1L8hQgvKgV83ul

Nearly 24 hours of discussion!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your hearts and thoughts - what a pleasure this has been!
Compilations. Not complications. LOL
Old 10-26-2021, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Compilations. Not complications. LOL
Apparently, it's all complications with her, these days.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You do a great job Jeremy. I agree with you most/many times but you are part true on Timespace. You are correct the metal years with Lita Ford, etc were popular around this time. However by the time the album was released in late 1991, grunge music was becoming popular. The big hair metal bands were falling. If Sometimes Its A Bitch was released in 1989 during the peak of those years, it would have been a top 10 hit. The record company was grasping at straws and these songs just came too late. Good effort but about 2 years too late. Jon Bon Jovi revitalized Cher's musical career and I think Stevie would have had a big hit but it came out too late to catch that wave.

Interesting tid bit about Brett Michaels. During the 1986 RAL tour, her plane crossed paths with a mostly unknown Poison band. In the chance encounter with Stevie, Brett told Stevie that someday you will hear about us. Sure enough the next year in 1987, Poison made it big on the charts.

I am in the minority but I love Desert Angel. It is missing a hook but the military drum beat lures me in.

This album and tour really revealed how messed up her career was. She toured before the album was out and never promoted any songs from the stage. It sold fairly well for a greatest hits package but the strength of her former hits carried the weight.

Thank you for rediscovering Behind The Mask. There is some great music on that album. Hope someday you do a video about that album.

Totally agree. Silver Springs would have never fit on this album. Everything happens for a reason and its what relaunched her career several years later.

BTW, great bridge you sang on Big Time Rock N Roll Star

I also agree with you that from 2004 to 2012 her solo career was cash grab status. Performing the same set while performing other's songs into her already short set. Crystal Visions and beyond was short on creativity and more about the cash grab.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-28-2021 at 11:33 AM..