User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Want to know something even crazier, Macfan? A lot of those "insane" chiffon's that we loathe.. A lot of them hate Bella Donna. It's very strange.
And I will never understand that. Bella Donna is a masterpiece! I'm guessing her army hates anything that has a country tinged sound.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And I will never understand that. Bella Donna is a masterpiece! I'm guessing her army hates anything that has a country tinged sound.
There are many Stevie fans that became fans during RAL. I can't understand that at all. I was still worshipping at the alter during RAL but I hid my disappointment deep inside. I was still in the cult of blind worship but I hid my true feelings from the world.

However on the flip side, I am in a tiny minority that loves Street Angel. Yes there are duds on the album. But there are a good group of songs that I love. I love the country rock vibe and the music rocks. In those ways its Bella Donna like.

No No No there's no beauty and the beast here.

To each their own I guess. I still cant wrap my head around you not liking Oh Daddy. Maybe the corn husking accident affected you in more ways than you realize.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-01-2022 at 11:25 AM..
Old 06-01-2022, 12:58 PM

I do really love this version of All Over Again.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
Sweet dedication to George Hawkins and his family
Very nice. I was just chatting online with the songwriter Sal Bernardi about the 1984 Rickie Lee Jones tour, where George played such a big role. I like to think I’m the only person in the world who saw him play twice that year in different tours. George also did a Q&A here on the Penguin, which a few of you newer ledgies might not know. He answered a bunch of questions.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Want to know something even crazier, Macfan? A lot of those "insane" chiffon's that we loathe.. A lot of them hate Bella Donna. It's very strange.
How does one like Stevie and hate Bella Donna? She peaked on the solo front right there out of the gate. It’s a fantastic album and it drops giant turds on a clunker like Rock a Little.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
How does one like Stevie and hate Bella Donna?
It’s hard to believe, no? I guess there may be some Stevie followers who hate it, but I have never encountered them. I myself prefer some of the other albums, hating BD is a whole nuther level. How do you hate “Outside the Rain” or “After the Glitter Fades”? These are (semiprecious) gemstones!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-02-2022, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How does one like Stevie and hate Bella Donna? She peaked on the solo front right there out of the gate. It’s a fantastic album and it drops giant turds on a clunker like Rock a Little.
This!

And you're right. She really did peak right out of the gate. Jimmy created a masterpiece, and EVERYTHING that followed was of lesser quality.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This!

And you're right. She really did peak right out of the gate. Jimmy created a masterpiece, and EVERYTHING that followed was of lesser quality.
I think I blew a relationship with probably the best looking girl who ever would spend time with me over her telling me, on a second date, randomly, that Trouble in Shangri-La is the best album of our generation. I was like, can you call an album by a 50-something released when I was 20 “our generation?” But I was so vexed and told her it was okay but not even as good as Say You Will let alone best of our generation material or even the best Stevie solo album. Queue the awkwardness. We never recovered. I hadn’t even told her I was a Fleetwood Mac fan at that point but it didn’t matter. I had insulted her and things were just cold after that.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s hard to believe, no? I guess there may be some Stevie followers who hate it, but I have never encountered them. I myself prefer some of the other albums, hating BD is a whole nuther level. How do you hate “Outside the Rain” or “After the Glitter Fades”? These are (semiprecious) gemstones!
After the Glitter Fades is one of those songs that should be more well known. It’s absolutely one of my favorites of hers.
Old 06-03-2022, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Did you ever notice

Does glitter fade?
Old 06-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Does glitter fade?
The nerve. Two words: Bob. Dylan.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After the Glitter Fades is one of those songs that should be more well known. It’s absolutely one of my favorites of hers.
It's too country for FM fans, and especially for Chiffonheads.

I absolutely LOVE IT.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's too country for FM fans, and especially for Chiffonheads.

I absolutely LOVE IT.
I don’t even really like country music but songs like that just hit me good. I also love That’s Alright and think it should be more well known too!