The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-18-2022, 11:49 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,851
Default Sammy Hagar chats with Mick at Fleetwood's Malibu

Mick jokes he's not dead yet

Edit: After posting I realized this interview is a few years old even though it was posted to youtube yesterday which made it seem new. Still a great interview and jam with Sammy BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WToq1SLEwcA
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-18-2022 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-26-2022, 08:38 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Mick jokes he's not dead yet

Edit: After posting I realized this interview is a few years old even though it was posted to youtube yesterday which made it seem new. Still a great interview and jam with Sammy BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WToq1SLEwcA
Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed this.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2022, 11:16 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed this.
I did too but it confused me because I thought it was new. When Mick started talking about the upcoming tour with Lindsey, I knew it was a few years old. Sammy is such a cool guy. Some irony here because Sammy got fired from Van Halen in a similar fashion how Lindsey was fired. He was fired without any clear reasons. The Van Halen brothers had a beef with Michael Anthony and Sammy sided with Mike and that was all it took for the Van Halen brothers to retaliate.
Sammy makes a good tequila too. Its crazy to think that when he sold his tequila it was more than all the money he ever made with Van Halen. Thats a mind blowing statistic.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2022, 02:34 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I did too but it confused me because I thought it was new. When Mick started talking about the upcoming tour with Lindsey, I knew it was a few years old. Sammy is such a cool guy. Some irony here because Sammy got fired from Van Halen in a similar fashion how Lindsey was fired. He was fired without any clear reasons. The Van Halen brothers had a beef with Michael Anthony and Sammy sided with Mike and that was all it took for the Van Halen brothers to retaliate.
Sammy makes a good tequila too. Its crazy to think that when he sold his tequila it was more than all the money he ever made with Van Halen. Thats a mind blowing statistic.
That is mind blowing.

Also, Mick kind of hesitates that he's the leader. And I saw a little fear when answering that.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2022, 02:56 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That is mind blowing.

Also, Mick kind of hesitates that he's the leader. And I saw a little fear when answering that.
That's because EVERYONE knows that Old I'm Not The Bo$$ is the bo$$.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2022, 03:47 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,851
Default

Sammy would get asked all the time.....why were you fired? And he would say he was never given a reason. Like Lindsey, he just went on with his solo gigs. But everyone knew he was fired for silly personal reasons. Remind you of anyone?
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2022, 05:14 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Sammy would get asked all the time.....why were you fired? And he would say he was never given a reason. Like Lindsey, he just went on with his solo gigs. But everyone knew he was fired for silly personal reasons. Remind you of anyone?
I love it how he and Michael stuck together through it all.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO X4 MICK STEVIE NICKS CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY B r picture

FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO X4 MICK STEVIE NICKS CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY B r

$9.48



Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet picture

Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet

$21.32



FLEETWOOD BY MICK FLEETWOOD - HARDCVR W/DJKT picture

FLEETWOOD BY MICK FLEETWOOD - HARDCVR W/DJKT

$5.99



FLEETWOOD MAC Tour '78 T-Shirt Mick Stevie Nicks Rock Blues Ring Spun Cotton Tee picture

FLEETWOOD MAC Tour '78 T-Shirt Mick Stevie Nicks Rock Blues Ring Spun Cotton Tee

$11.95



Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac by Mick Fleetwood , hardcover picture

Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac by Mick Fleetwood , hardcover

$4.48




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved