Big Love - done live (Album version)
Julia -recorded by the Mac/ produced by Lindsey
Christine McVie box set of unreleased gems
The Dance- Box set
Fleetwood Mac box set 1975-1987 unreleased/alternative tracks
Old 12-12-2021, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I dont expect anything new with these 5. That ship sailed 3 years ago. I dont have a list of 5 but I would take anything old or new from Christine and Lindsey. I also would love to get all the incredible demos i.e. Sleeping Angel, Beauty and the Beast, Think About it, and everything else officially released. Most important the entire US Festival released or the LA show released in its entirety with Hold Me, etc.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-12-2021 at 05:59 PM..
Old 12-12-2021, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Fleetwood Mac to never tour again (in any configurations)
2. Several Lindsey solo albums / tour (with other 4 not bothering him)
3. BuckVie album
4. Lindsey to join the Killers on some dates on their next year word tour
5. 1-off reunion of the 5 for all the fans who want that (or some 10-dates residency some place the longest)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-12-2021, 09:04 PM

1, BuckVie album with Mick touring with them. It will add to the oddness of their chemistry.

2. Box Set Perfectly McVie Box Set of her solo, Chicken Shack, Perfect, Fleetwood Mac, and Christine McVie years/demos/B sides/BuckVie unreleased.

3. A tour with the talented 4 piece. No drama, diva, or fake monologues where everything is about MEEEEEE.

4. A Christine McVie Blues solo Album with All Stars.

5. Lindsey solo band to change. Guitar, bass, keys, drums, and only his vocals, and the back up vocals. No back tracks, or NONORGANIC material.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Please try to stay on topic.😎
This would be the recent deluxe reissues just packaged together?
Old 12-12-2021, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Please try to stay on topic.��

Big Love - done live (Album version)
Julia -recorded by the Mac/ produced by Lindsey
Christine McVie box set of unreleased gems
The Dance- Box set
The only thing I can think of that I’d like from this particular incarnation of FM would be an intimate concert or special featuring some of their more obscure songs, such as I Don’t Want to Know, Crystal, Book of Love, Brown Eyes, That’s Alright, and Over and Over. Unfortunately that will never happen.

BLY, I really like your suggestions about Big Love being performed live like the album version, and a Christine McVie box set. It would be wonderful if her concert specials could be included on dvd in said box set.

I’m not sure how the Dance would have extra material for a Deluxe Edition like all the other FM rereleases, but I know the Farmer’s Daughter and Stand Back were performed when they actually went on tour and weren’t included in the original concert. Maybe their performance of Don’t Stop at the inauguration, too, but they probably can’t release that.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Christine solo album, just her at the piano. Songs in the vein of “Smile I Live For” and “Game of Pretend” but without other instruments or silky background voices.

2. BuckVie 2–pure pop confectionery

3. Christine blues album with sympathetic backing musicians.

I really don’t want anything else. I’ll support more Lindsey solo albums but I’m not aching for them.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 12-12-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Old 12-12-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1- Old I'm Not The Boss retires or expires, and Lindsey comes back, and they do what they can as a 4 piece, for the remainder of their years.

2- BuckVie, part deux.

3,4,5.....- well, they're just too old to do much else, if even the above was possible. It's sad watching your heroes getting ready for the nursing home...
Old 12-13-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
1- Old I'm Not The Boss retires or expires, and Lindsey comes back, and they do what they can as a 4 piece, for the remainder of their years.

2- BuckVie, part deux.

3,4,5.....- well, they're just too old to do much else, if even the above was possible. It's sad watching your heroes getting ready for the nursing home...
Don't cha know, Heroes Are Hard To Find!
Old 12-13-2021, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m not sure how the Dance would have extra material for a Deluxe Edition like all the other FM rereleases, but I know the Farmer’s Daughter and Stand Back were performed when they actually went on tour and weren’t included in the original concert. Maybe their performance of Don’t Stop at the inauguration, too, but they probably can’t release that.
Not That Funny, Stand Back, Oh Daddy, Second Hand News, and The Farmers Daughter were all performed on the tour but not at the Burbank concerts. I think that's everything. Of course, Over My Head didn't make it to the tour, and Eyes of the World was played at the first show and then promptly replaced with Second Hand News for the rest of the tour. I suppose if there were interesting rehearsal (either pre-MTV concert or pre-tour) footage or outtakes that might be something for the diehards. I doubt they'd ever put that out anyway. You're probably right, there likely isn't much sitting in the vault to put out. Other than that EOTW/SHN switch, the tour set never changed.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've said it before that I predict that she will be the last one standing of the five ( whether or not she will makes the triple digits that she claims she will) As for retirement as desperately as she needs to I do believe her about croaking out Dreams and Rhiannon and in a ribbon festooned wheelchair.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I've said it before that I predict that she will be the last one standing of the five ( whether or not she will makes the triple digits that she claims she will) As for retirement as desperately as she needs to I do believe her about croaking out Dreams and Rhiannon and in a ribbon festooned wheelchair.
for some reason this reminded me of a quote someone made (one his bandmates I think) about Gene Simmons-- in his old age he'll stand at the end of his driveway with his walker/zimmer frame and flick his tongue at the passing cars.

Some performers never can let go.

Speaking of which, on a more somber note, did anyone see the US 60 Minutes program about Tony Bennett? He has Alzheimer's, and they had him do one last concert (I think he had been planning to tour when Covid first hit, and his decline has been picking up speed) at Carnegie Hall. They showed him at home and he clearly couldn't remember people or what he did ten mins ago or any of that, but when his accompanist showed up to rehears the songs all came back to him. Sort of like what happened to Glen Campbell (though his family trotted that poor guy around on a whole freaking tour, long enough that he even began forgetting songs, and that's pretty far gone for people who have sung the same songs over and over for 50+ years).

Will Stevie still be singing in her dementia, or just meeting reporters and telling the same FM stories over and over??
Old 12-13-2021, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Not That Funny, Stand Back, Oh Daddy, Second Hand News, and The Farmers Daughter were all performed on the tour but not at the Burbank concerts. I think that's everything. Of course, Over My Head didn't make it to the tour, and Eyes of the World was played at the first show and then promptly replaced with Second Hand News for the rest of the tour. I suppose if there were interesting rehearsal (either pre-MTV concert or pre-tour) footage or outtakes that might be something for the diehards. I doubt they'd ever put that out anyway. You're probably right, there likely isn't much sitting in the vault to put out. Other than that EOTW/SHN switch, the tour set never changed.
Wow, I’d forgotten about Not That Funny being played- I may have taken a bathroom break for that one. I don’t even remember Oh Daddy! I love Second Hand News but it’s pretty interchangeable with Eyes of the World, except of course more people know Second Hand News than Eyes because it was on Rumours.

Thanks for filling in the blanks!
Old 12-13-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
And the wheelchair malfunctions during GDW. And it just goes back in forth in a very awkward way. and she screams... "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

And goatheads everywhere give her a standing O!!
Old 12-13-2021, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And the wheelchair malfunctions during GDW. And it just goes back in forth in a very awkward way. and she screams... "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

And goatheads everywhere give her a standing O!!
Her Gold Dust Woman shawl got caught in the wheels .