User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Bob Welch and I corresponded about how it seemed awfully convenient that the woman who got the rights in the divorce was now the manager. It smacked of puppet mastering.

That said, Mich seemed nice enough when I saw the SG.

Didn’t they get Dave Walker right after Pete left?

Indeed. But even if Mich had sinister- ie financial- motives, she did nurse Peter back to health and playing again, traveling, experiencing new things and adulation from fans. Better than the secluded, medicated life he was leading before.

I have it on good words that Nigel was originally an intermediary support and the idea was to replace him with a more experienced player like Snowy White.
In the first years, Nigel and the band were clearly supportive of Peter and his needs, then it seemed like their own motives took over and they tried to hog the spotlight rather than helping Peter evolve.

Dave Walker did an album in 2004 that Nigel and Roger Cotton played on, right after the dissolution of Splinter Group.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow, RIP Nigel Watson. I never knew about this. I suppose I haven't frequented the board much.

I know he was close with PG, going all the way back to filling in for Spencer and recording Beasts of Burden, etc.