Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Man of the World Coming to Home Video

Man of the World shows what happened to Fleetwood Mac’s leader

http://insidepulse.com/2016/11/01/ma...d-macs-leader/

Joe Corey | November 1, 2016 Inside Pulse

Fleetwood Mac had a life long before Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham joined the band in the mid-70s. The early version of the band was dominated by Peter Green whose most popular song “Black Magic Woman” was made more popular by Santana. Green’s time with the band ended after he did LSD in West Germany and things fell apart. Man of the World – The Peter Green Story explores what happened to a major talent. Here’s the press release from MVD:

Man Of the World – The Peter Green Story
coming to home video on November 18th

The incredible story of the man who formed Fleetwood Mac

After replacing the legendary Eric Clapton in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Peter went on to form Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac, one of the most successful bands to come out of Britain in the 60’s. Peter’s genius on the guitar was matched by the songs he wrote including Black Magic Woman, later a huge debut hit for Santana, and the supernatural and sublime instrumental Albatross, as well as the classic Oh Well.

The film traces that early success, explores Peter’s drug use and his eternal spiral into schizophrenia. The film also examines how the treatment he received (Electroconvulsive therapy or ECT) prolonged his illness and extended absence from the music scene.

The story continues with Peter’s fragile mental and artistic recovery, his return to the recording studio and live music scene in the mid 1990’s that saw his most positive creative output for many years. It portrays an artist who has now come to express his feelings, not just through the guitar music he still loves, but also his art and photography.

The film contains extensive and rare archive footage of live and studio performances, stills and original in-depth interviews with Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Mike Vernon, (legendary producer of the original Fleetwood Mac “Blue Horizons” albums), Noel Gallagher, John Mayall, Dennis Keane (road manager), Martin Celmins, (Peter’s official biographer), Carlos Santana, Jeremy Spencer, (the original Fleetwood Mac guitarist) and many others who were fortunate to work with or know this extraordinary Man Of the World.

The DVD can be ordered at the MVD Shop or on Amazon

Product Details
Format: DVD
SKU: MVD9484D
UPC: 760137948490
Street Date: 11/18/16
PreBook Date: 10/14/16
Label: HENRY HADAWAY ORGANIZATION »
Genre: Pop/Rock
Run Time: 150 mins
Number of Discs: 1
Audio: STEREO
Year of Production: 2009
Director: Steve Graham
Producers: Steve Graham
Actors: Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, Noel Gallagher, John Mayall, John McVie, Carlos Santana
Box Lot: 30
Territory: NORTH AMERICA
Language: English
Old 11-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'Man of the World: The Peter Green Story' Coming to DVD
Posted 11/01/2016 by Guitar World Staff , Guitar World

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-ne...ming-dvd/30115

Man of the World: The Peter Green Story, a film made in 2009, is officially coming to DVD November 18.

After replacing the Eric Clapton in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Green went on to form Fleetwood Mac, one of the most successful bands to come out of Britain in the Sixties.

Green's genius on the guitar was matched by the songs he wrote, including "Black Magic Woman," which became a hit for Santana, and the sublime instrumental "Albatross," as well as the classic "Oh Well."

The film traces that early success, explores Green's drug use and his spiral into schizophrenia. It also examines how the treatment he received (electroconvulsive therapy or ECT) prolonged his illness and his absence from the music scene.

The story continues with Green's fragile mental and artistic recovery and his return to the recording studio and live music scene in the mid-Nineties, which saw his most positive creative output for many years. It portrays an artist who has now come to express his feelings, not just through the music he still loves, but also throught his art and photography.

The film contains extensive and archive footage of live and studio performances, stills and original in-depth interviews with Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Mike Vernon (producer of Fleetwood Mac's Blue Horizons albums), Noel Gallagher, John Mayall, Dennis Keane (road manager), Martin Celmins (Peter's official biographer), Carlos Santana, Jeremy Spencer (the original Fleetwood Mac guitarist) and many others who were fortunate to work with or know Green.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This was released on DVD years ago, but only on region 2 format. I believe this re-release is in all-region format. Even though I have the earlier DVD, I can only play it on my computer so I'm tempted to buy another to use with my DVD player.

Of course the whole thing has been on YouTube for years too!
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

no additional bonus material in comparison with the original dvd release (cause that's what i read, iirc)?

p.s. accidentally started a new thread on this matter
could close it but somehow couldn't delete it - can anyone help?
Old 01-31-2017, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
no additional bonus material in comparison with the original dvd release (cause that's what i read, iirc)?

p.s. accidentally started a new thread on this matter
could close it but somehow couldn't delete it - can anyone help?
As far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as the earlier DVD release, except that this one is "Region 0" so it should play on any DVD player. Run time is the same for both, 150 minutes including the bonus material.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
As far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as the earlier DVD release, except that this one is "Region 0" so it should play on any DVD player. Run time is the same for both, 150 minutes including the bonus material.
thanxalot, sharky - so there's no need for me to spend any money on the new (old) version.