Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Eric Clapton on Greeny (1978)

It was so quiet in here, so here we go...In Uncut's Eric Clapton special issue (recommended) I found this in a December 9, 1978 Melody Maker interview; Eric commenting on Peter.

"And Peter Green, he came and stayed with me when he was having a really bad time, for about two weeks. And the first week, nothing. Not a word. And every now and then he'd complain. 'Why are you doing this? Why are you listening to that? Why are you playing that way?' And then one sunny day I caught him outside in the garden, dancing his head off, and laughing. It was so good to see him enjoying himself at last. And then we had a play, and he had it all there, it was exactly the same. I know where he's at. He's got it there, and he's just decided he's not going to use it, until he feels like it."
Old 08-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Dino!
Thanks for posting this. Actually I've been doing some research the last couple of weeks hoping to find EC quotes on Peter Green.
This story about him staying at Clapton's house must have happened sometime during 1972-5 perhaps??
Old 08-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Hi Dino!
Thanks for posting this. Actually I've been doing some research the last couple of weeks hoping to find EC quotes on Peter Green.
This story about him staying at Clapton's house must have happened sometime during 1972-5 perhaps??

Hi Daniel!
It's hard to tell from what Eric says in the interview (which was given in Southampton, UK on December 1, 1978), right? We know that Green was in LA for much of 1978; perhaps this was in the mid 70s, after his ECT therapy.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Hi Daniel!
It's hard to tell from what Eric says in the interview (which was given in Southampton, UK on December 1, 1978), right? We know that Green was in LA for much of 1978; perhaps this was in the mid 70s, after his ECT therapy.
Yes, probably the mid-70s. I believe he stayed at several friends' houses in that periode.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Ledgie

From Clapton on Greeny (one of his autobiography books???)

"Returning to England in late October 1965,I found that my place in the Bluesbreakers had been filled by a brilliant guitarist,Peter Green,later of Fleetwood Mac,who had aggressively pestered John to employ him,often turning up at gigs and shouting from the audience that he was much better than whoever was playing that night.Though I barely knew him,I got the impression that he was a real Turk,a strong,confident musician who knew exactly what he wanted and where he was going,but who played his cards close to his chest. Most important he was phenomenal player,whit a great tone.He was not happy to see me,as it meant rather a sudden end to what had obviously been a good gig for him.Once change that
didn`t particularly surprise me was that McVie had finally be given the boot,and had been replaced by Jack Bruce,the bass player from Graham Bond Organisation,whom I had see play at the Marquee.Jack stayed for a few weeks.........."