User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Greeny on Brown Eyes on Tusk Deluxe

Hey,
If some of you do not visit the Rumours section of the board, you might have missed that Peter is featured heavily on an alternate version of Brown Eyes on the Tusk Deluxe re-issue. He plays so well!
It's available on Spotity; the track is listed as Brown Eyes (With Lindsey & Peter Green, 9/20/78).
Old 12-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hahaha, you beat me, dino!
I was just going to spread the news.
There's no longer ANY doubt about Peter participating on "Brown Eyes".
Although this version is a demo, he plays fantastic!!! He's there from start to end, playing beautiful lead guitar. Can't understand why they ended up with a final version with Peter only playing a few lines at the end.
Btw, the lyrics are different too, and I actually started thinking that Christine perhaps was singing to/about Peter.

Anyway, highly recommended! Everybody should get this one!
Old 12-06-2015, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here it is on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDj9_wuiN3A

Should be able to download this on iTunes and Amazon too.

Very nice, a "lost" Peter Green session track. His playing is very much in keeping with his sound from the '70s.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

. . . what a wonderful "lost & found" gem! by far superior to the album version - and it's peter with his tasty playing giving the song what it needed right from the start.
thanks so much for recommending!
Old 12-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Ledgie

Yes, thanks for pointing this out.

Some very nice guitar there!
Old 12-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

S...! It's not available on Youtube anymore. Have always been listening very carefully to the record version, and never really found what I was looking for (or rather listening to find).
You all sound so excited about it...

Ms Moose
Old 12-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
S...! It's not available on Youtube anymore. Have always been listening very carefully to the record version, and never really found what I was looking for (or rather listening to find).

Ms Moose
it's still available . . . you've got to install a youtube unblocker for your browser - i.e. for chrome there's a thing called proxflow. and there are similar tools for other browsers out there.
try it - you'll like it!

Last edited by lazy poker; 12-10-2015 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 12-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Ms Moose
Hi, it is available on Spotify https://www.spotify.com, but You have to sign up there.
There is a lot of good music (for free version with commercial or fee-paying version without commercial).
Old 12-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful guitar... I love this version, it really takes you somewhere!

I want to buy Tusk Deluxe just for Yesterday's Tears.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thank You!

Thank You very much for your help everybody! I have heard Brown Eyes in the alternative version now. I have never been keen on the song it self, as I am not a Fleetwood Mac post 1970 fan at all. But there is more distinctive beautiful PG playing on this version. Great that these PG gems pop up now and then.

Ms Moose
Old 12-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have never been keen on the song it self, as I am not a Fleetwood Mac post 1970 fan at all. But there is more distinctive beautiful PG playing on this version. Great that these PG gems pop up now and then.

Ms Moose
seems we're kindred spirits concerning this, ms moose.
though, being a big danny kirwan fan, my interest in the mac goes a wee bit further - really only a WEE BIT . . . as long as danny's signature guitar playin' is featured.
but this discovery came as quite a surprise to me. i NEVER bothered to listen to "tusk", and imho the song as such isn't that phenomenal. but for my money peter's guitar contributions on this alternate mix simply upgrade it to another level. and i sure do hope that there's still more of unreleased exciting material featuring greeny slumbering in the vaults and awaiting the light of day . . .
Old 12-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
seems we're kindred spirits concerning this, ms moose.
though, being a big danny kirwan fan, my interest in the mac goes a wee bit further - really only a WEE BIT . . . as long as danny's signature guitar playin' is featured.
but this discovery came as quite a surprise to me. i NEVER bothered to listen to "tusk", and imho the song as such isn't that phenomenal. but for my money peter's guitar contributions on this alternate mix simply upgrade it to another level. and i sure do hope that there's still more of unreleased exciting material featuring greeny slumbering in the vaults and awaiting the light of day . . .
Yes, Peters playing certainly makes an otherwise dull song come alive (Sorry, I don't want to offend any Post Peter Mac fans ).....
There must be more material out there, only waiting to be found. Old film from concerts would be really really great.

Ms Moose
Old 12-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always liked "Brown Eyes". It's one of few Chris songs that is not about falling in love, being in love, hoping to be in love or make believe love. It has an interesting atmosphere. These early lyrics do sound like they could be about Greeny. Unfortunately, there's no comments from Chris in the sleeve notes, just rather uninteresting, stroppy comments from Mick and full of himself-Buckingham.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just received the Tusk expanded CD edition. (When it was released, I only downloaded the "new" version of "Brown Eyes".) I've been listening to that track a lot the last days. Peter is playing soooo good!!

The track and Peter's contributions are mentioned in the booklet.

Lindsey:
"I don't remember Peter Green coming in, so I don't think I made any judgement on whether to use it or not. Mick would ultimately have had the decision to use his playing or not. And it as Christine's song to do with as she wished."

Mick:
"Peter was living in L.A. then and hanging out at my house a lot. He was still as he is now, changed, but he used to pop into the studio occasionally. I don't know if he was that interested or not, but he did play on this song, which I love. Classic, slinky, killer stuff from Chris. The band's playing really shines. I can't recall why we only used Peter at the very end, but it's great that he's on there, because it's Peter and it's his band."
Old 02-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just received the Tusk expanded CD edition. (When it was released, I only downloaded the "new" version of "Brown Eyes".) I've been listening to that track a lot the last days. Peter is playing soooo good!!

The track and Peter's contributions are mentioned in the booklet.

Lindsey:
"I don't remember Peter Green coming in, so I don't think I made any judgement on whether to use it or not. Mick would ultimately have had the decision to use his playing or not. And it as Christine's song to do with as she wished."

Mick:
"Peter was living in L.A. then and hanging out at my house a lot. He was still as he is now, changed, but he used to pop into the studio occasionally. I don't know if he was that interested or not, but he did play on this song, which I love. Classic, slinky, killer stuff from Chris. The band's playing really shines. I can't recall why we only used Peter at the very end, but it's great that he's on there, because it's Peter and it's his band."