User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The other thing I’m really excited about is that this release, along with the earlier rerelease of the pre-Buckingham Nicks FM albums, is this gives me hope that Behind the Mask will also get the Deluxe treatment.
Does anyone know what vault Stevie songs would be on this? Street Angel Demos?
Old 02-11-2021, 10:42 AM

I'm with Bwboy, I'm just happy to get a re-master and bonus tracks.

I'm am disappointed I hear a clearly Mirage version of THE CHAIN listed as Cleveland 1980. I have the 1980 bootleg in CTown and it's incredible. They didn't even stop in Cleveland in 1982.
I'm going to listen with a great ear to trust the rest of their "listings and liner notes."

But again, still happy. The sound on the spotify is incredible.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-11-2021 at 10:44 AM..
Old 02-11-2021, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Christine actually said in 2017 I wrote Hold Me with Lindsey... so long Robbie Patton
Or a senior moment.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm with Bwboy, I'm just happy to get a re-master and bonus tracks.

I'm am disappointed I hear a clearly Mirage version of THE CHAIN listed as Cleveland 1980. I have the 1980 bootleg in CTown and it's incredible. They didn't even stop in Cleveland in 1982.
I'm going to listen with a great ear to trust the rest of their "listings and liner notes."

But again, still happy. The sound on the spotify is incredible.
I share your disappointment - the bootleg of that Cleveland show is one of the best I have from Tusk. They were firing on every cylinder they had.

But also, the Spotify sound is . It is SO much better sounding than what was released on Mirage Deluxe. I'm hearing things with Lindsey's guitar and Chris's organ that was always way too muddled on the Mirage video, Deluxe, or any bootlegs from that tour. I'll take the screwup on this one because this is still quite a treat!

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be mad if the Sisters was also from the Forum in 1982.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I share your disappointment
I'll be honest, I wouldn't be mad if the Sisters was also from the Forum in 1982.
Same!! That tour had a much better Sisters. Stevie really enhanced the intensity. I love that LIndsey sings on it, as well.

Christine's pumping electric keyboard and wonderful low tones compliment John's very low bass pedal sound. I'd love to hear that more in the forefront. Here's hoping they screwed up more!
Old 02-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I share your disappointment - the bootleg of that Cleveland show is one of the best I have from Tusk. They were firing on every cylinder they had.

But also, the Spotify sound is . It is SO much better sounding than what was released on Mirage Deluxe. I'm hearing things with Lindsey's guitar and Chris's organ that was always way too muddled on the Mirage video, Deluxe, or any bootlegs from that tour. I'll take the screwup on this one because this is still quite a treat!

Kinda makes sense what I think they’ve done — release live songs from tours or tour legs that the Tusk Deluxe did not include (isn’t this all coming from Rhino?). Thus, a 1980 “Rhiannon” on the Tusk Deluxe means that it would not be included on this Live redux. There was a 1980 “Chain” on the Tusk Deluxe, so opting for a 1982 “Chain” is what they did here. Similarly, a 1979 “WMYTYTO” on the Tusk Deluxe means that they went for a 1980 performance here. A 1980 “Sisters” before is now a 1982 “Sisters,” and so on. Just my hunch.

But if there was an effort to mix and match tours, it would inevitably lead to some errors in labeling. I would say to them again: just release the entire shows and don’t worry about shuffling. I hate it when somebody else decides for me which cuts from a concert represent the acme. For the Tusk Deluxe, I didn’t want to hear a live “Tusk” from St. Louis — that performance had nothing noteworthy about it. The song hadn’t even evolved into a bizarre new shape so early in the tour. Plus it was already on the video. Amateurs should not be involved in these live cut decisions!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2021, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have a link to the full may 14th 1980 Chicago show and or the richfield show? I know a really nice version circulated a few years back. I used to have it, but lost track of it over time.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought I'd already posted this here but I can't seem to find it. Anyway my beef here is that there appears to be no opportunity to purchase the triple CD without the vinyl bonuses. We're not all company execs who can afford to spend that amount of money on a release. OK there's the download but there's no digital booklet for those of us who like to read up on extra facts and figures.

Even Paul McCartney offers mulltiple options with his mega-deluxe editions - the rich devotee's box set with a book, CDs plus vinyl, 2CD or just the remastered original. We have been cheated as we were with the 2015 Tusk where you couldn't get the 5CD edition without getting the vinyl too.

Come on Mick - play fair!
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.

Last edited by Murrow; 02-11-2021 at 04:18 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post

Come on Mick - play fair!
This greedy charlatan has no conception of fair play. His only goal now that the golden goose of high ticket price oldies juke box tours has laid it's final egg is to try and fleece as much as possible from die hard fans who would pay big bucks for a deluxe edition of a 40 year old flop album. I hope he goes broke again soon and dies in penury.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
This greedy charlatan has no conception of fair play. His only goal now that the golden goose of high ticket price oldies juke box tours has laid it's final egg is to try and fleece as much as possible from die hard fans who would pay big bucks for a deluxe edition of a 40 year old flop album. I hope he goes broke again soon and dies in penury.
We should all wager on how long it will be before he's homeless.

My bet is 30 months!

F*cking idiot.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
We should all wager on how long it will be before he's homeless.

My bet is 30 months!

F*cking idiot.
Nah, Lindsey will let him move in. It amazes me how for all his success how much Lindsey craves Mick's love. Funny because if it was not for Lindsey's musical vision and production skills from 1975-1987 and his return to Fleetwood Mac from 1997-2018, Mick would never have had the millions to blow and make all over again.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Nah, Lindsey will let him move in. It amazes me how for all his success how much Lindsey craves Mick's love. Funny because if it was not for Lindsey's musical vision and production skills from 1975-1987 and his return to Fleetwood Mac from 1997-2018, Mick would never have had the millions to blow and make all over again.
LOL. Don’t kid yourself. Lindsey benefits just as much from Mick as the other way around. Lindsey’s best album chart position outside of Fleetwood Mac was #32, Fleetwood Mac’s top album position in the USA prior to 1975 was #34. They were doing just fine before Lindsey. The song “Go Insane” peaked at #23, “Big Love” peaked at #5, and Lindsey’s never had a Top 10 single that didn’t involve Mick.

And, if we’re being honest, we know which member is most responsible for their arena rock status.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2021, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Isn't it weird how Lindsey does seem to cling to Mick, REGARDLESS of how sh*tty Mick lets FM treat him? It doesn't say much for either one of their character.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Isn't it weird how Lindsey does seem to cling to Mick, REGARDLESS of how sh*tty Mick lets FM treat him? It doesn't say much for either one of their character.
Man, I don’t know what band of brahs world you think these people live in, but it was always a business relationship first and foremost. Character, loyalty, betrayal??? That’s not their world. Never was. It was always money that kept them together. If the 1975 album bombed by their standards, Lindsey and Stevie would be in Dave Walker land.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2021, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Man, I don’t know what band of brahs world you think these people live in, but it was always a business relationship first and foremost. Character, loyalty, betrayal??? That’s not their world. Never was. It was always money that kept them together. If the 1975 album bombed by their standards, Lindsey and Stevie would be in Dave Walker land.
Actually I could kind of imagine Stevie as the lead singer for Black Sabbath in 1977!