Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I know, right? For me, and nearly everyone I know, the days of disposable income are over(sorry, racking up exorbitant credit card debt is not disposable income). I'm pretty much running as tight, and lean, of a ship, that I can. Between taxes, insurance(s), and just crap that keeps coming up, my head is one inch above water. An extra $30 here, and there, means whether or not I'll make the mortgage next month.
And, I mean, I have internet at home and work. Do I really need it in my pocket?
You sound just like my friend. We went to Verizon today so that I could show her the HTC Incredible that I ordered and she ended up looking at "dumb" phones. All she kept talking about is the data package for $10.00-$30.00. She was so mad that Verizon was basically forcing people to buy these plans. The thing is if you get a phone that doesn't have a required data package the phones are garbage. Well my friend thinks so anyway.
She is not the pay as you go type so I guess she is going to hold on to her old phone as long as she can. I think it's a bit much to charge every month myself but I'm an addict so I pay it. At least my new phone will have GPS built in so I don't have give Verizon anymore money a month. I got the phone for half off but the selling price was already pretty inflated.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Registered

Add me to the "I'm done with Verizon" list. I've been with them for about a decade and have never had any real complaints about their service... but their newly reworked data plan fee structure is just too much for me to put up with.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Add me to the "I'm done with Verizon" list. I've been with them for about a decade and have never had any real complaints about their service... but their newly reworked data plan fee structure is just too much for me to put up with.

Yeah, I thought so, too, but I just found out that they have prepaid cell phones, too. I was all set to go with Virgin Mobile, but Verizon has a few Samsung prepaid cell phones & different plans or calling cards to go with it. And though I'm not crazy about Samsung, now I don't know what to do. I know I have to upgrade my current phone though because the screen is just too small to surf the web. I have a nice camera & several iPods, & GPS, so I don't care about these features. I mainly need a cell phone to occasionally surf the web, talk (sometimes long distance), & text. Gosh, I can't decide.

Lee
Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile It's me again...

Well, I have decided to go with Virgin Mobile. Their cell phone plans were just too good for me to pass up. My husband got a LG Rumor 2 on sale @ Target & I got an LG Rumor Touch through VM. I really like my phone; it's really cool. Well, for me it's cool because I had a little Samsung phone which was so small I could barely see the keys to text, & it wasn't a smart phone. Now we're just waiting for them to port our current cell phone numbers into our VM phones & then we''ll get on their plans. It 's the Sprint Network, so I'll let everyone know how this all goes. I appreciate the help that I got from different people on this.

Lee