The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like it. Her voice sounds sweet, an ache I still remember.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s a genuinely catchy tune. You could strip away all studio production, sing it with a strum guitar and it would still be pleasing. Stevie sounds better here than she has in years. Her harmonies remind me of her work on “Love in Store.”

Not crazy about the autotune on the verses. Sing it plainly and as straightforwardly as possible—that’s how to carry over a poppy rock ditty like this.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a really nice song! Less is best works for her, nice tightly sung vocal and uncluttered lyrics, she can also still sing when she stays away from oversinging and shouting in large arena settings. Maybe Adam and Harry can convince her to try just one more album.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Maroon 5 has a new album coming out. Stevie is featured on the song called Remedy. She collabs with everyone.

https://people.com/music/maroon-5-re...r-yg/?amp=true
I ****ing hate Maroon 5, especially that song Memories. The song with Stevie is only a slight improvement on Memories.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Maybe Adam and Harry can convince her to try just one more album.
Her only "new" song in over a decade is the recollections a of 12 year old grandiose dream that she jotted down and had someone transform into a clunky monotone song (and I use that word loosely) .The well has run dry.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Her only "new" song in over a decade is the recollections a of 12 year old grandiose dream that she jotted down and had someone transform into a clunky monotone song (and I use that word loosely) .The well has run dry.
Sorry to nitpick...
You’ve forgotten about I Don’t Care, the “I don’t mean it, I do care...” verse was written in 2014 at the time of recording. Twisted also had new additional lyrics written in 2014 and Stevie co-wrote You Can’t Fix This in 2013.

There would be a lot of songs she has written that may never be released, including recently (eg My Mother’s Rings and others). I think she will record and release a few more new singles before she retires.
When Stevie dies her estate will probably release an album of new and unreleased songs. Like the Amy Winehouse Lioness: Hidden Treasures album. Stevie is disillusioned with the recording business again and because of that a lot of songs will end up on the cutting room floor and only a select few will be released as singles.

Fleetwood Mac will never record again with Stevie Nicks and if they do it without her no one will have the balls to call it Fleetwood Mac. Unless Stevie dies before the other four. Then they will do as they please and call it whatever they want.
Old 06-13-2021, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Sorry to nitpick...
You’ve forgotten about I Don’t Care, the “I don’t mean it, I do care...” verse was written in 2014 at the time of recording. Twisted also had new additional lyrics written in 2014 and Stevie co-wrote You Can’t Fix This in 2013.

There would be a lot of songs she has written that may never be released, including recently (eg My Mother’s Rings and others). I think she will record and release a few more new singles before she retires.
When Stevie dies her estate will probably release an album of new and unreleased songs. Like the Amy Winehouse Lioness: Hidden Treasures album. Stevie is disillusioned with the recording business again and because of that a lot of songs will end up on the cutting room floor and only a select few will be released as singles.

Fleetwood Mac will never record again with Stevie Nicks and if they do it without her no one will have the balls to call it Fleetwood Mac. Unless Stevie dies before the other four. Then they will do as they please and call it whatever they want.
Do you REALLY think $he's sitting on an arsenal of gems? $he can't even be bothered to give the band that took her from her waitressing career to stardom, a couple songs for an album.

$he's quite prolific, if you own a Delorean.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you REALLY think $he's sitting on an arsenal of gems? $he can't even be bothered to give the band that took her from her waitressing career to stardom, a couple songs for an album.

$he's quite prolific, if you own a Delorean.
I never said gems. Or arsenal. I think she has written songs that she hasn’t released and I believe that includes a few that haven’t made it to YouTube. They’re probably not gems, which could be part of why she isn’t releasing them.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like I'm the only one so far that thinks this song $ucks. I can barely hear her voice. If you're going to ask Stevie Nicks to sing on your lame song, you should have her voice front and center. Her vocal is hidden too deep in the mix. Next!
Old 06-13-2021, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Looks like I'm the only one so far that thinks this song $ucks. I can barely hear her voice. If you're going to ask Stevie Nicks to sing on your lame song, you should have her voice front and center. Her vocal is hidden too deep in the mix. Next!
I did think her vocals were buried and altered in Prove You Wrong, but not here.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

I’m a bit surprised you don’t like this track Vivfox. As far as barely hearing her voice……Say what?
Old 06-13-2021, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Sorry to nitpick...
Yeah I did forget about You Can't Fix this..not her most memorable work and also clunky. I don't consider the additional lyrics on the two older songs new songs . If this is all one can come up with for a decade's worth of work by a once prolific songwriter ..then yeah you can stick a fork in her she's done.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because she’s not recording very much at all, and other folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because they don’t like what she has recorded these past few years. She’s said she doesn’t want to record albums anymore, and that’s her right. Congratulations to Lindsey for wanting to record an album. I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him if he didn’t want to record anymore. If she gets more pleasure out of touring, I couldn’t care less. I have no interest in seeing her live, the FM show I saw her in in 2019 was fantastic and as far as I’m concerned was the perfect jumping off point for me. Hopefully she will rerelease a couple more of her other albums with the Deluxe treatment, but as far as live or new material, I don’t care if she does anything new.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
She’s said she doesn’t want to record albums anymore, and that’s her right.
She said doesn't want to make an album with Fleetwood Mac.

She wants to make another solo record, she said that during her press rounds at the end of 2020. If you saw a 24 Karat Gold Tour show in 2017, after Moonlight she said "I'm going to make music for the rest of my life and I don't care if anyone buys it."
Old 06-13-2021, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Some folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because she’s not recording very much at all, and other folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because they don’t like what she has recorded these past few years. She’s said she doesn’t want to record albums anymore, and that’s her right. Congratulations to Lindsey for wanting to record an album. I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him if he didn’t want to record anymore. If she gets more pleasure out of touring, I couldn’t care less. I have no interest in seeing her live, the FM show I saw her in in 2019 was fantastic and as far as I’m concerned was the perfect jumping off point for me. Hopefully she will rerelease a couple more of her other albums with the Deluxe treatment, but as far as live or new material, I don’t care if she does anything new.
If $he killed your Mother, I suspect you'd still have her back...