Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Two Re-Issues coming?

Just saw an instagram post from Rhino about a not one, but two album deal for reissues of RAL and TOSOTM! While RAL is certainly not my favourite, there are so many great songs from the period that were scrapped which would be awesome to hear cleaned up versions. Running Through the Garden and You Like Me come to mind. Same with TOSOTM, what lurks in the outtakes that we've never heard before? I think of the Wild Heart with the unknown Sorcerer outtake, which was not only wonderful but a welcomed surprise. Same potential exists for these two albums. I can't wait, I can't wait.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds great. I hope they add some live stuff from somewhere, too, and good photos.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-14-2021, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh man, I have been hoping for this ever since Bella Donna and The Wild Heart got the Deluxe treatment! I really really really wish they would rerelease the Red Rocks video untouched (without the reshot close ups) and unedited with more songs, such as I Can’t Wait, etc. but I know that’ll never happen. Might get an audio though, like we did on BD. Behind the Mask is my #1 wish for a Deluxe, but RAL and TOSOTM are #2 and 3!
Old 05-14-2021, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sounds great. I hope they add some live stuff from somewhere, too, and good photos.
There's definitely enough live material from both tourss to give us a 3rd CD a la the Bella Donna reissue. *fingers crossed*
Old 05-15-2021, 02:28 AM
Ledgie

This is so exciting!!! I have been waiting for years for these too and to think it might finally be happening is really fantastic. There is so much extra material from Rock a Little, it could be a treasure trove for die hard fans!
Old 05-15-2021, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reconsider Me, Running Through Garden, lady From The Mountain, Mirror Mirror, soundtrack cuts, what else? Didn’t she basically abandon a record with Jimmy in between her last album and RAL? She could add Needles and Pins and Insider from same era off the Tom Petty Live album.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Reconsider Me, Running Through Garden, lady From The Mountain, Mirror Mirror, soundtrack cuts, what else? Didn’t she basically abandon a record with Jimmy in between her last album and RAL? She could add Needles and Pins and Insider from same era off the Tom Petty Live album.
Yeah the Mirror Mirror album. It was a few weeks away from release in the summer of 1984. They should release it in it's entirety on a RAL deluxe but I know that will not happen.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw this on Facebook somewhere and just about lost it!! I'm really looking forward to this if they do it right.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-16-2021, 10:35 AM

I get made fun of, but I love TOSOTM and don't mind RAL. This is great news.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I get made fun of, but I love TOSOTM and don't mind RAL. This is great news.
RAL was tolerable. OSOTM was awful. $he lost me forever with that turd.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just think! We may finally get a CD quality version of This hidden gem!

https://youtu.be/rVu0Vb0yvyA
Old 05-16-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Just think! We may finally get a CD quality version of This hidden gem!

https://youtu.be/rVu0Vb0yvyA
Ugh those Kenny G produced tracks need to stay hidden. For those that hate TOSOTM just imagine how horrible it would have been with that purveyor
of elevator muzak at the helm.

Old 05-16-2021, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Ugh those Kenny G produced tracks need to stay hidden. For those that hate TOSOTM just imagine how horrible it would have been with that purveyor
of elevator muzak at the helm.
I agree. While I dont like the album RAL, I love the outcast songs or demos. I like the album OSOTM but I dont care for the outcast/demo songs. OMG, if I had to sit through Dial the number, I would be dialing for help listening to the song

Does anyone remember the Westwood 1 radio concert during RAL. It was her live RAL concert with interviews. Now, that would make a great addition to the CD. As I recall, it was not an out of control concert. But I doubt we would get a live CD with the reissue.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Does anyone remember the Westwood 1 radio concert during RAL. It was her live RAL concert with interviews. Now, that would make a great addition to the CD. As I recall, it was not an out of control concert. But I doubt we would get a live CD with the reissue.
We got the audio of the White Winged Dove tour from HBO on the Bella Donna reissue, so I expect we’ll get the audio of her Rock a Little tour on the RAL reissue. I just hope we get extra songs as well, and not just the ones that were on the Showtime special.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
We got the audio of the White Winged Dove tour from HBO on the Bella Donna reissue, so I expect we’ll get the audio of her Rock a Little tour on the RAL reissue. I just hope we get extra songs as well, and not just the ones that were on the Showtime special.
I wouldn't be so sure. Bella Donna's concert was flawless and something to be proud of. The Wild Heart reissue had no live CD. RAL concerts were not at her best so I would be surprised if there was a live CD. But who knows.