User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2023, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Stevie needs a circle around her that puts her at the center of everything, and people can't do that once they have their own lives.
Stevie is the alpha dog in that pack.

Gone are the days when Judy Wong and Rebecca Alvarez told Stevie where to park it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-28-2023, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I dunno.... I think she and Mary were always close, and talked, but it seems like she pops up more nowadays in pics of Stevie and her entourage in different places. For example, Mary was def part of the group of friends she went traveling around the world with in the past 15 or so yrs, seeing all the sites she never saw when she was touring doing shows, e.g., Italy (where she got inspired to write Italian Summer). I'm guessing that's probably because Mary's kids(s) are grown, she's more available to do 'girl friend" stuff again.. I think a lot of Stevie's circle got married and had families and that doesn't lend itself to partying and jumping on a jet at the drop of a hat or helping Stevie move her bed into the closet at 3 am on a coke binge and all that sort of stuff....so her circle has to change over time to have friends who are as free spirited and unencumbered as Stevie is. (My mind also flashes to that scene in the DR doc when they are rehearsing for the tour and Stevie wants to keep going all night and get through the whole set and Lindsey, who had a wife and young kids was like "nope, I gotta be outta here at x time" because of his family obligations).

It's like Sharon lived in her house and was the person Stevie could wake up at 2 am to help her record a demo but eventually Sharon needed to be a grown up with her own place and her own significant other and all that. Lori married and became a mom and stopped touring, which Stevie at times was a bit judge-y about. Stevie needs a circle around her that puts her at the center of everything, and people can't do that once they have their own lives. Poor Karen.
I know Mary works for Stevie on solo tours and she did on the last FM tour. She does the teleprompter and I think the dressing rooms but definitely the teleprompters.

I remember in 2017 Stevie complained that rehearsal for The Classic West was at 2:00pm because Lindsey had to get home to have dinner with his wife and kids, because she wouldn't be awake at 2pm
Old 02-01-2023, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah ..I don't quite get that one anymore either . With the flat nasal bellowing and very geriatric spins someone would have to pay me to go and sit through it.
It can be argued that watching her twirl these days is at the same speed of a can opener. It's a little cringy to watch anymore, like just stop, you don't have to do it anymore.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
It can be argued that watching her twirl these days is at the same speed of a can opener. It's a little cringy to watch anymore, like just stop, you don't have to do it anymore.
The good news is, you don’t have to watch her perform.

I didn’t see Genesis on their last tour, but I read that Phil Collins couldn’t walk and had to be seated on a stool while he sang. Some people said he shouldn’t have been performing because he couldn’t walk. Other people said he should still perform anyway. I personally don’t feel comfortable saying someone shouldn’t perform anymore because they’re getting older. If people are still willing to pay to see someone perform, that’s their right.

Lindsey was said to not be performing to his usual ability the last few dates of his last tour. He, too, is getting older. But you know what, if he feels he can still perform, and if he wants to, then more power to him. As our favorite artists get older, yes their voices will lose their power, and no they won’t be able to perform with the energy they used to, but for some people, the joy they get watching their favorites perform is worth it.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The good news is, you don’t have to watch her perform.

I didn’t see Genesis on their last tour, but I read that Phil Collins couldn’t walk and had to be seated on a stool while he sang. Some people said he shouldn’t have been performing because he couldn’t walk. Other people said he should still perform anyway. I personally don’t feel comfortable saying someone shouldn’t perform anymore because they’re getting older. If people are still willing to pay to see someone perform, that’s their right.

Lindsey was said to not be performing to his usual ability the last few dates of his last tour. He, too, is getting older. But you know what, if he feels he can still perform, and if he wants to, then more power to him. As our favorite artists get older, yes their voices will lose their power, and no they won’t be able to perform with the energy they used to, but for some people, the joy they get watching their favorites perform is worth it.
If I remember correctly, didn't Lindsey get Covid before he had to cancel? That could have been why he was looking a little sluggish. Granted he has other health issues that have been made obvious to the public.

I still love to watch Stevie perform to an extent, I just wish she wouldn't focus so much on the physicality part of it. She could sit in a chair for all I care. I wish she would put more oomph into her vocals like she did on some of those shows in 2017 where she was on fire. It seems like she's running out of steam. Who knows, maybe she'll turn things around. I'm not feeling very hopeful about it though. And at $300 for a ticket, I'll stick to YouTube.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
If I remember correctly, didn't Lindsey get Covid before he had to cancel? That could have been why he was looking a little sluggish. Granted he has other health issues that have been made obvious to the public.

I still love to watch Stevie perform to an extent, I just wish she wouldn't focus so much on the physicality part of it. She could sit in a chair for all I care. I wish she would put more oomph into her vocals like she did on some of those shows in 2017 where she was on fire. It seems like she's running out of steam. Who knows, maybe she'll turn things around. I'm not feeling very hopeful about it though. And at $300 for a ticket, I'll stick to YouTube.
I’m pretty sure you’re right that Lindsey had Covid or something those last few dates. But obviously, being older like he is now, he can’t shake off those things like younger folks can.

I think Stevie is definitely running out of steam. I mean, for her age, she seems incredibly healthy, but yeah, there’s no way she’s going to put on a show like she did even 5 years ago. I saw Dolly maybe 7 years ago, and she was so much fun! Vocally, she did that annoying whisper speaking thing because she can’t hit the notes anymore, but it was still a fantastic show. I’m hoping Stevie and Lindsey continue to perform as long as they’re up for it. Because there’s not going to be many more opportunities to see them.