User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well I mean she claimed to not know Black Magic Woman was a Fleetwood Mac song until 2018. Despite the famous earlier claim of back to front to back listening of EVERY FLEETWOOD MAC ALBUM in 1974.

She just says stuff. Truth be damned!
In all fairness, if she listened to every FM album back in 1974, it’s entirety possible she just didn’t remember Black Magic Woman. I mean, we’re talking 45+years ago.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all fairness, if she listened to every FM album back in 1974, it’s entirety possible she just didn’t remember Black Magic Woman. I mean, we’re talking 45+years ago.
I agree BwBoy, she can't remember where her nose is half the time. She probably knew it, forgot it, and realized it was a FM tune. (again).
Old 05-31-2022, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree BwBoy, she can't remember where her nose is half the time. She probably knew it, forgot it, and realized it was a FM tune. (again).
David Bowie said he was dependent on drugs, especially cocaine, during Station to Station recording sessions, and he recalled almost nothing of the production. So, even though SN was maybe not in cocaine that much in 1974-75, probably her later addiction made her forget many things.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
David Bowie said he was dependent on drugs, especially cocaine, during Station to Station recording sessions, and he recalled almost nothing of the production. So, even though SN was maybe not in cocaine that much in 1974-75, probably her later addiction made her forget many things.
A lot of artists don't go back and listen to their own music after it's produced. I can't imagine she put an old FM record on after she became a solo star.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think Stevie's memory is mainly poor from the drug abuse and the klonopin. Being a senior citizen now too, there comes senility.
She was dedicating Landslide in Nashville in 2015 and she couldn't remember the name Vanessa Carlton.
At a 2018 concert, she couldn't remember the name of the person she wrote Leather and Lace for. Sharon Celani spoke it into the microphone for her. In 2019, she said Harry Styles left NSync (Harry was an infant when NSync was out)
Old 05-31-2022, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
A lot of artists don't go back and listen to their own music after it's produced. I can't imagine she put an old FM record on after she became a solo star.
But the thing is that you don’t have to put on a Fleetwood Mac album to know “Black Magic Woman.” Unless you’ve been living under a rock for fifty years, you would know it’s a Peter Green song made famous in the US by Santana. I mean, everybody and their grandma knows this song. Does Stevie not know “All Along the Watchtower,” “Paint It Black,” or “Layla,” either? Who makes a living in rock and doesn’t know “Black Magic Woman”? Very, very odd.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2022, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But the thing is that you don’t have to put on a Fleetwood Mac album to know “Black Magic Woman.” Unless you’ve been living under a rock for fifty years, you would know it’s a Peter Green song made famous in the US by Santana. I mean, everybody and their grandma knows this song. Does Stevie not know “All Along the Watchtower,” “Paint It Black,” or “Layla,” either? Who makes a living in rock and doesn’t know “Black Magic Woman”? Very, very odd.
It was my understanding that she did not know that the song was a Fleetwood Mac song to begin with which is myopic enough but if she did not know the song period then there is some dementia there. The song hit number 4 on Billboard in early 1971 when she was 22 and opening for Bay area bands. Years later after Fleetwood Mac with Peter in tow was inducted into the RRHOF Peter went on to play on Black Magic Woman at the same show for Santana's induction . Unbelievable.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aren't people ASSuming she has a high IQ or something?

I've never considered her to have much going on upstairs, other than her little poetic ditties...
Old 06-01-2022, 03:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I wonder when she found out it was a Peter Green composition. Maybe when it was rehearsed for the Tango Tour?
I'm guessing 1975. It was a staple in the band's set prior to 1975, so I'm sure it was at least discussed for the 1975 tour. With "Get Like You Used To Be," "Rhiannon" and "The Green Manalish," it probably seemed stylistically and thematically redundant.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-01-2022, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can’t be serious. You can’t really think something that unbelievably stupid. You of all people.

She never said she didn’t know the song. Come on, man, she was in San Francisco when Santana, who was from San Francisco, had a massive hit with the song. Of course she knew it. She didn’t know it was a Fleetwood Mac song, though, until after she was in the band.

Again, she never gave a timeline as to when she found out it was a Fleetwood Mac song. My interpretation, you know, from actually having seen her perform it, was that she realized it after she joined the band, as in 1975. But, by all means, continue on with an exaggeration that was only created on this board.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-01-2022, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But, by all means, continue on with an exaggeration that was only created on this board.
giddy-kramer
Old 06-01-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
She's very odd. She lives in her own world.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You can’t be serious. You can’t really think something that unbelievably stupid. You of all people.
Well, I love you, too!

Quote:
My interpretation, you know, from actually having seen her perform it, was that she realized it after she joined the band, as in 1975.
Wait, so you’re saying she knew it was a Fleetwood song a long time ago? So why are we all talking about her not knowing on the 2018 tour? What gives, Steve, what gives? Is this fake news?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually like some fake news, and I enjoy spreading certain types of fake news. Just the other day, I spread this piece of disinformation around the internet:

Quote:
Alligator lizards have a special use in seismology. They are capable of alerting human populations of an impending earthquake by reacting to primary compressional seismic waves as they travel through the solids and liquids of the lithosphere. More research is needed, but these lizards may be able to save thousands of lives in a major strike-slip or thrust event.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually like some fake news, and I enjoy spreading certain types of fake news. Just the other day, I spread this piece of disinformation around the internet:

Alligator lizards have a special use in seismology. They are capable of alerting human populations of an impending earthquake by reacting to primary compressional seismic waves as they travel through the solids and liquids of the lithosphere. More research is needed, but these lizards may be able to save thousands of lives in a major strike-slip or thrust event.
This makes good flash fiction.