User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie and Rick did have the flirting acting onstage, with their heads touching, and I think she did dance over by Billy's microphone. So there was chemistry.
Nobody cared about it. There was no backstory there. Clowns weren’t going to “ship” Stevie and anyone else. The soap opera element had as much to do with their success as the music. Especially in 1997, you needed the Rumours 5 to even come close to having a rehash of Hell Freezes Over. The label knew it. So did the band.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They've always done that. What about Bob Welch? Never in the band!

$tevie is the QUEEN of revisionist history.
Well I mean she claimed to not know Black Magic Woman was a Fleetwood Mac song until 2018. Despite the famous earlier claim of back to front to back listening of EVERY FLEETWOOD MAC ALBUM in 1974.

She just says stuff. Truth be damned!
Old 05-27-2022, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well I mean she claimed to not know Black Magic Woman was a Fleetwood Mac song until 2018. Despite the famous earlier claim of back to front to back listening of EVERY FLEETWOOD MAC ALBUM in 1974.

$he's the George Costanza of the rock world...

I think $HE even believes the crap that dribbles out of her mouth.

"It's not a lie, if you believe it, Jerry" - GC
Old 05-27-2022, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even though Stevie was doing big amphitheaters and state fairs, I guess she went along with the reunion because Howard Kaufman thought her touring career needed a boost.

And it worked because in 98 she played the venues that The Dance performed in.
Well, Street Angel was her first bomb- I forget where it peaked, maybe in the Billboard top 50? And no hit single, either. Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind got some airplay but didn’t make the top 40. So her star had vastly diminished by the time the Dance came around. But honestly, I think back then she wanted FM to get back together, not just for her own career but because she genuinely had the desire to be with them again. Billy wrote in his book that when FM was approached about playing at the inauguration, it was Stevie who called him and asked if he would step out and let Lindsey play with FM again, and I don’t think he would lie about that. And despite what many folks say here, I do believe that moment in Landslide was sincere between Lindsey and Stevie- I don’t believe it any other time, but I believed it that one time, yes. They reconnected over the course of those two nights, which made the concert so watchable.

I only mention this because I believe the Dance was more than just an opportunity to regain their luster and fame as a band… it was also an opportunity to repair their relationships, all of them, and it worked. It just didn’t stick.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And despite what many folks say here, I do believe that moment in Landslide was sincere between Lindsey and Stevie- I don’t believe it any other time, but I believed it that one time, yes. They reconnected over the course of those two nights, which made the concert so watchable.

I only mention this because I believe the Dance was more than just an opportunity to regain their luster and fame as a band… it was also an opportunity to repair their relationships, all of them, and it worked. It just didn’t stick.
I would agree with all of this. I think there was absolutely a connection between S&L during the filming of The Dance. I mean we basically know they were at the least hooking up during that timeframe. You could see the closeness during that four part MTV interview that is on YouTube.

The Dance was certainly about mending fences with each other and likely “going out” on top. In 1997 at 50 years old I’m sure they doubted there was endless tours ahead of them. But the market for classic rock bands blew up at that time and into the 2000’s through today. I’d have to think going into The Dance if they were told 20 years later they’d still be touring and reigniting their fighting, they’d think that was insane.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$he's the George Costanza of the rock world...

I think $HE even believes the crap that dribbles out of her mouth.

"It's not a lie, if you believe it, Jerry" - GC
Georgie boy knew he was full of crap and that half his life was a lie…”you’ve been living a lie? I’ve been living like…20!”

She’s actually in her old age became the Kramer of rock. A hipster doofus!
Old 05-27-2022, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Georgie boy knew he was full of crap and that half his life was a lie…”you’ve been living a lie? I’ve been living like…20!”

She’s actually in her old age became the Kramer of rock. A hipster doofus!
Lindsey's hair should make him Kramer. Or "the hair formerly known as Kramer".

Butt back to $tevie....I don't think $he really knows what the actual truth is on stuff. I don't know if $he's dreamed it all up(her version of the truth), or her delusional friends tell her how it should be. But $he's an investigative reporter's dream, because 85% of what $he says is wrong.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey's hair should make him Kramer. Or "the hair formerly known as Kramer".

Butt back to $tevie....I don't think $he really knows what the actual truth is on stuff. I don't know if $he's dreamed it all up(her version of the truth), or her delusional friends tell her how it should be. But $he's an investigative reporter's dream, because 85% of what $he says is wrong.
Anyone that spends a majority of their life surrounded by yes-men who live off your income is bound to become a narcissistic fool. She believes most of her crap at this point. Anyone that ever would’ve tried to humble her (her parents are the obvious choices) is gone from her life.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyone that spends a majority of their life surrounded by yes-men who live off your income is bound to become a narcissistic fool. She believes most of her crap at this point. Anyone that ever would’ve tried to humble her (her parents are the obvious choices) is gone from her life.
Ding, ding, ding. THIS.

Yep, for 40+ years now, $he's been a queen, surrounded by her adoring (PAID) friends. $he's almost become Michael Jackson. Minus the pedophilia.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"Black Magic Woman" isn't on any of their standard (non-compilation) studio albums. It's a non-album single.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
"Black Magic Woman" isn't on any of their standard (non-compilation) studio albums. It's a non-album single.
Maybe English Rose wasn't available for purchase at her record store.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe English Rose wasn't available for purchase at her record store.
It was long out of print by then.

That said, she didn’t say that she’d just found out “Black Magic Woman” was a Fleetwood Mac song only prior to the 2018 tour. The way it came off when I heard the speech was that she didn’t realize it was a Fleetwood Mac prior to joining the band. People just interjected more to the story than what was actually said, especially on here

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-31-2022, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, Street Angel was her first bomb- I forget where it peaked, maybe in the Billboard top 50? And no hit single, either. Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind got some airplay but didn’t make the top 40. So her star had vastly diminished by the time the Dance came around. But honestly, I think back then she wanted FM to get back together, not just for her own career but because she genuinely had the desire to be with them again. Billy wrote in his book that when FM was approached about playing at the inauguration, it was Stevie who called him and asked if he would step out and let Lindsey play with FM again, and I don’t think he would lie about that. And despite what many folks say here, I do believe that moment in Landslide was sincere between Lindsey and Stevie- I don’t believe it any other time, but I believed it that one time, yes. They reconnected over the course of those two nights, which made the concert so watchable.

I don't think it ever worked. It was pretend. Chris wanted out and warned everyone to not ask her to stay or do anymore gigs. Stevie and Lindsey went through a pretend show every night. Stevie did not like working with Lindsey on Say You Will. Didn't Chris reveal in an interview several years ago that Stevie and Lindsey never got along even on the Dance tour. Those hugs were fake kid.
If you watch the Dance rehearsal interviews they get asked why they got back together especially Lindsey after leaving the psychos behind. They never give convincing answers. They heard Irving tell them the cash cow the Eagles reunion was and it was more about money than legacy. The late 90s was the time touring made tons of money over making music/albums. In the 70s and 80s bands could make more on record sales than touring. In the late 90s they started selling all those premium packages and tickets prices went through the roof. All the money today since the late 90s is from touring. Stevie probably made more money on her 24K Gold tour than all of her solo tours combined. Many nights she was grossing over 1 million from one show.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-31-2022 at 04:59 AM..
Old 05-31-2022, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was long out of print by then.

That said, she didn’t say that she’d just found out “Black Magic Woman” was a Fleetwood Mac song only prior to the 2018 tour. The way it came off when I heard the speech was that she didn’t realize it was a Fleetwood Mac prior to joining the band. People just interjected more to the story than what was actually said, especially on here
I wonder when she found out it was a Peter Green composition. Maybe when it was rehearsed for the Tango Tour?
Old 05-31-2022, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't think it ever worked. It was pretend. Chris wanted out and warned everyone to not ask her to stay or do anymore gigs. Stevie and Lindsey went through a pretend show every night. Stevie did not like working with Lindsey on Say You Will. Didn't Chris reveal in an interview several years ago that Stevie and Lindsey never got along even on the Dance tour. Those hugs were fake kid.
If you watch the Dance rehearsal interviews they get asked why they got back together especially Lindsey after leaving the psychos behind. They never give convincing answers.
I’m talking solely about the Dance special, not the tour or Say You Will. Those two nights captured on film were not pretend, IMO. Maybe I’m wrong but who’s to say what’s right?