Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

She looks dead in the eyes.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is truth to what you say, and maybe I am being unfair in my judgment based on these interviews. I just feel that some of her suggestions aren't realistic for a lot of people, economically, and she has a certain audience in mind. I guess I was hoping for her to broaden her intended audience a little. Not because the things she recommended don't appeal to me but because, as a professional, it would make her look a lot less, um, well...I can't think of the word.
I think the Goop comparison is a good one. For me, I don't mind the elitisim. You know, Martha Stewart's attitude, "I'm rich and I want everything perfect and I'll run over chickens in my driveway, because they're MINE . . . " works great for me, because it's real. What I don't like is people who pretend to be down to earth when they're not. I mean, if you're Ivana Trump and you want your plush carpets vacuumed every hour, own it.

What I don't like is people who try to sell you on a "jeans and a cotton shirt" image, when they're anything but. Don't tell me how simple and easy you live your life, when every picture you show me is a testament to how elaborate and pampered every aspect of your existence is. I'd rather have someone pretend to be posh and really be a grungy loafer when the lights go down than have it the other way around, where they're pretending to be carefree and casual when they're really all about expense and extravagance.

As far as the "telephone voice" goes, that reminds me of Mr. Humphries on Are You Being Served. He would always answer the phone with a deep voice, full of testosterone, when he was actually anything but: "Men's Department." Hilarious.

Michele
Old 03-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
I never liked her eyes.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That photo of her looks so ... something compared to the other recent photos. Eh...
Old 03-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

That photo of her looks so ... something compared to the other recent photos. Eh...
Thankfully, she always had high, nordic cheekbones. When the time comes for cosmetic work those won't look so bad. I just hope she won't get herself horrible collagen lips.

Michele
Old 03-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thankfully, she always had high, nordic cheekbones. When the time comes for cosmetic work those won't look so bad. I just hope she won't get herself horrible collagen lips.

Michele

"time comes"? grrrrrrrrrllllll, that face has been under the knife.

Quote:
Can’t live without…
Sunglasses and my iPhone (in that order).
To hide her dead eyes.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 03-27-2011 at 08:52 PM..
Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have always thought that - a beautiful but lifeless expressionless characterless face.

But in her real everyday life that face may well be animated, joyful and alive!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the Goop comparison is a good one. For me, I don't mind the elitisim. You know, Martha Stewart's attitude, "I'm rich and I want everything perfect and I'll run over chickens in my driveway, because they're MINE . . . " works great for me, because it's real. What I don't like is people who pretend to be down to earth when they're not. I mean, if you're Ivana Trump and you want your plush carpets vacuumed every hour, own it.

What I don't like is people who try to sell you on a "jeans and a cotton shirt" image, when they're anything but. Don't tell me how simple and easy you live your life, when every picture you show me is a testament to how elaborate and pampered every aspect of your existence is. I'd rather have someone pretend to be posh and really be a grungy loafer when the lights go down than have it the other way around, where they're pretending to be carefree and casual when they're really all about expense and extravagance.

As far as the "telephone voice" goes, that reminds me of Mr. Humphries on Are You Being Served. He would always answer the phone with a deep voice, full of testosterone, when he was actually anything but: "Men's Department." Hilarious.

Michele
"I'm free!"
Old 03-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I have always thought that - a beautiful but lifeless expressionless characterless face.

...or reveal themselves to be those of a lizard.

Seriously though I have zero animosity toward Lindsey's wife

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
...or reveal themselves to be those of a lizard.

Seriously though I have zero animosity toward Lindsey's wife
Me neither - whoever Lindsey was married to I would just think she was a lucky so-and-so
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, if you're Ivana Trump and you want your plush carpets vacuumed every hour, own it.

What I don't like is people who try to sell you on a "jeans and a cotton shirt" image, when they're anything but. Don't tell me how simple and easy you live your life, when every picture you show me is a testament to how elaborate and pampered every aspect of your existence is.

Michele
Speaking of jeans, don't you love those meticulously whiskered and faded "vintage" jeans she wears? You know... they're all burnished and broken in from doing all of those chores around the farm, definitely not the handiwork of an 8-year-old child in Indonesia.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post

I was thinking, in the footage Lindsey shot for one of his UTS videos, he was kind of chasing Kristen around the house and I thought her face looked rather merry and warm. She was just wearing an oversized man's shirt and seemed happy and girlish. Even though I am aware it was for the cameras, the playfulness looked genuine.

Michele
Old 03-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was thinking, in the footage Lindsey shot for one of his UTS videos, he was kind of chasing Kristen around the house and I thought her face looked rather merry and warm. She was just wearing an oversized man's shirt and seemed happy and girlish. Even though I am aware it was for the cameras, the playfulness looked genuine.

Michele
That's right. And there was another vid when Lindsey was documenting his tour (good gawd I forgot which one now- which isn't a bad thing *goLB*) and Kristen had joined him on tour and she seemed really cute. Like his brother was there and she was all, "Hey Mr. B- the other Mr. B" and then they hugged and when LB and the band were about to leave, he was saying goodbye to her and in the cam you can hear him say, "give me a kiss" and she starts puckering up to the camera playfully. And then they kiss.

They seem really sweet together there and when I saw her at LB's concert in Chicago she was completely and sincerely jamming along to every single song, especially Show You How.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure what this is exactly, but Lindsey's name is attached to it as well...so maybe those who live in the LA area can uncover more if they please: http://www.psartsantiques.com/hosts.html

And here is another article on Kristen, though nothing really new I guess.

And then there's apparently some garden show at Lindsey's house in May, or that's what I gather from this page, but those who research may find out differently.

Last edited by Nico; 04-03-2011 at 12:24 AM..
Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure what this is exactly, but Lindsey's name is attached to it as well...so maybe those who live in the LA area can uncover more if they please: http://www.psartsantiques.com/hosts.html
So, the fact that he's on the committee and not just a donor would suggest he's actually making decisions about the antique art show. I'm sure it's Kristen's project, but it's funny to think of him sitting there discussing french armoires.

Michele