The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie should not cover any of Christine’s songs IMO. She can dedicate Landslide to her.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Stevie should not cover any of Christine’s songs IMO. She can dedicate Landslide to her.
I totally agree. Dedicate the whole show/tour to Christine, but she shouldn't touch her songs. She doesn't have the voice for them.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 01-25-2023, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I agree. I think we are in the silent minority.
I am not sure why so many expect artists to constantly wear their emotions and feelings on their sleeves. Stevie dedicates Landslide to someone every night. That is heartfelt. Stopping concerts and big presentations lose their sincerity IMHO. Do we really need Stevie to prove her love and her loss for Chris every night over and over?
But I realize I am in the minority.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree. I think we are in the silent minority.
I am not sure why so many expect artists to constantly wear their emotions and feelings on their sleeves. Stevie dedicates Landslide to someone every night. That is heartfelt. Stopping concerts and big presentations lose their sincerity IMHO. Do we really need Stevie to prove her love and her loss for Chris every night over and over?
But I realize I am in the minority.
I don’t know that you’re in the minority, it seems like a number of folks agree with you.

As I read your comment, I imagined being at one of Stevie’s upcoming shows, and imagined her band performing Don’t Stop, and could see the audience singing along in a joyous manner, and then maybe as they’re leaving the venue saying something about how great Christine was. I figure being a Stevie solo show, there may be some folks who didn’t know Christine wrote Don’t Stop, and seeing pictures of Christine during the song will expose her to them.

I guess I would say no, we don’t need Stevie to prove her love for Christine every night over and over, but I see it as she’s reminding the audience of how great Christine was, over and over.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t know that you’re in the minority, it seems like a number of folks agree with you.

As I read your comment, I imagined being at one of Stevie’s upcoming shows, and imagined her band performing Don’t Stop, and could see the audience singing along in a joyous manner, and then maybe as they’re leaving the venue saying something about how great Christine was. I figure being a Stevie solo show, there may be some folks who didn’t know Christine wrote Don’t Stop, and seeing pictures of Christine during the song will expose her to them.

I guess I would say no, we don’t need Stevie to prove her love for Christine every night over and over, but I see it as she’s reminding the audience of how great Christine was, over and over.
Well she may have boxed herself in with these show stopping tributes because if she does not do one, people will flame her and accuse her of not caring about Christine which is ridiculous. And if you do perform one of her songs, do a song that introduces her audience to Chris's work. Performing one of Chris's greatest hits is chasing the shiny object and so predictable. However be careful what you wish for. Chris's voice is the complete opposite of Stevie's. Any song Stevie will do would really alter the sound which is going to attract criticism. I say dedicate Landside or HAWAFY to Chris, with some photos and move on.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-25-2023 at 07:56 AM..
Old 01-25-2023, 08:53 AM

Again, all she has to do is step into the velvet of the morning, and let herself lay back in her dreams.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Oh she has to prove it. Just like she had to lecture entire arenas post-encore about her return via the dreamcatcher speech. But sure, it's all about Chris right? hahaha
Old 01-25-2023, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to go off topic here...I'm still trying to comprehend the situation. You've got Chris and John sitting on an amp together, having full on conversations with each other because somebody in the band insists on telling a 10+ minute story before a song starts. Lindsey is standing in the dark waiting or interacting with fans in the front. Literally the entire band is so over it, almost none of them have any interest in attempting to be polite. As the band member holding court for ten minutes you would think that they would be able to read the room and figure out nobody is enjoying this. Then you have the gaul to get irritated (at times) if everyone on stage isn't intently listening to your story time when it's show #53 of a tour. It's mind boggling.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-25-2023 at 10:19 AM..
Old 01-25-2023, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Not to go off topic here...I'm still trying to comprehend the situation. You've got Chris and John sitting on an amp together, having full on conversations with each other because somebody in the band insists on telling a 10+ minute story before a song starts. Lindsey is standing in the dark waiting or interacting with fans in the front. Literally the entire band is so over it, almost none of them have any interest in attempting to be polite. As the band member holding court for ten minutes you would think that they would be able to read the room and figure out nobody is enjoying this. Then you have the gaul to get irritated (at times) if everyone on stage isn't intently listening to your story time when it's show #53 of a tour. It's mind boggling.
In Miami 2015 during Stevie's Gypsy story she was telling how she was on the road with CCR and the car broke down and Lindsey made his guitar or something sound like a car horn honking during her speech. She stopped mid sentence, turned to Lindsey and asked "Did you do that? Why did you do that? Then she turned to the audience and asked "Am I going on too long? She stopped telling the story. She was furious and they started the song. At the end of the concert, Stevie was still pissed off. She did not come out for her usual banter about Chris.
Long story short, absolutely to your suspicion. Clearly Lindsey had enough of the long rambling story.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal84 View Post
not to go off topic here...i'm still trying to comprehend the situation. You've got chris and john sitting on an amp together, having full on conversations with each other because somebody in the band insists on telling a 10+ minute story before a song starts. Lindsey is standing in the dark waiting or interacting with fans in the front. Literally the entire band is so over it, almost none of them have any interest in attempting to be polite. As the band member holding court for ten minutes you would think that they would be able to read the room and figure out nobody is enjoying this. Then you have the gaul to get irritated (at times) if everyone on stage isn't intently listening to your story time when it's show #53 of a tour. It's mind boggling.
1968! San francissssscoooo! The velvet underground! Janis joplin! Jimi hendrix!!!! San francissssco!
Old 01-25-2023, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In Miami 2015 during Stevie's Gypsy story she was telling how she was on the road with CCR and the car broke down and Lindsey made his guitar or something sound like a car horn honking during her speech. She stopped mid sentence, turned to Lindsey and asked "Did you do that? Why did you do that? Then she turned to the audience and asked "Am I going on too long? She stopped telling the story. She was furious and they started the song. At the end of the concert, Stevie was still pissed off. She did not come out for her usual banter about Chris.
Long story short, absolutely to your suspicion. Clearly Lindsey had enough of the long rambling story.
This is hilarious! Tell me there’s a video
Old 01-25-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
This is hilarious! I'm sure it was an added ember to the already brewing fire, power grab, and samurai chop that was about to come!
Old 01-25-2023, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This is hilarious! I'm sure it was an added ember to the already brewing fire, power grab, and samurai chop that was about to come!
The story got longer as the tour went on. It no longer was just about the Velvet Underground and buying the fancy clothes. It became how she struggled to make it in the bizz and the harshness of being a warm up band for CCR traveling around in a car, etc.
I think from that night on, the story went back to being a tad shorter
Lindsey was probably out of his mind night after night and could not take it anymore since it was going on and on and on and on and on.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-25-2023 at 11:37 AM..
Old 01-25-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The story got longer as the tour went on. It no longer was just about the Velvet Underground and buying the fancy clothes. It became how she struggled to make it in the bizz and the harshness of being a warm up band for CCR traveling around in a car, etc.
I think from that night on, the story went back to being a tad shorter
Lindsey was probably out of his mind night after night and could not take it anymore since it was going on and on and on and on and on.
He wasn't kidding that she needed her name in capital letters.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
1968! San francissssscoooo! The velvet underground! Janis joplin! Jimi hendrix!!!! San francissssco!
Oh the number of people in the crowd increased as the tour went on too. First it was "We opened for Janis in front of 5000 people" by the end of the tour it was like "We opened for Janis in front of 30,000 people"