Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2023, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rig Rundown 2012

Apologies if someone has posted this segment before (I did a search), but here is Lindsey's guitar tech Stanley (who goes into great detail, and seems to know his stuff) describing Lindsey's guitars, tunings, equipment, and effects for the One Man Show tour (2012): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeKyKQniVs

Some of the information revealed:

1. Depending on the guitar, Lindsey can mix in just a touch of synth, pedal steel sound, or funk bass sound. He uses a touch of the pedal steel sound on "Big Love" and maybe a touch of the funk bass sound on "Go Insane" (see #2 below).
2. On one guitar Lindsey uses nylon strings, but I couldn't tell which one (if someone else can please let me know). I suspect it's the modified Chet Atkins guitar described at 8:15 and used on "Go Insane" and "Big Love." If that's the case, he uses a touch of funk bass sound on "Go Insane."
3. On four songs from the One Man Show tour, Lindsey would access tracks for backing vocal, guitar, and click.

Does anyone have the out-of-print One Man Show live album (if so feel free to message me)? I have the live stream from 12/5/20 where he duplicates One Man Show in part (nine songs), but I'm sure the audio is better on the live album itself.

Last edited by cbBen; 01-11-2023 at 05:34 PM..
Old 01-11-2023, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Does anyone know when and why longtime tech Ray Lindsay left? It must have been between 2002 and 2012 given his presence in Destiny Rules and his absence here.
Ray retired after the SYW tour. Stevie told the story of how he picked her up at Big Boy and drove her to the Mexican restaurant before dedicated “Landslide” to him at the last show in Detroit.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-11-2023, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks.......