Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2023, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Mick posted what he shared at the memorial:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=RUbZ1f
So Mick, Stevie, John and Lindsey were at the service. Were Neil, Mike, Rick, or Billy there? Mick says the Fleetwood Mac family was gathered there.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
So Mick, Stevie, John and Lindsey were at the service. Were Neil, Mike, Rick, or Billy there?
I wonder that, too. I know Billy just recorded a new album with Mick, so I’d assume he was there.

Quote:
Mick says the Fleetwood Mac family was gathered there.
I took that to mean friends, family, managers, assistants, mini-Mac…All of the wheels that keep Fleetwood Mac going. The actual members of Fleetwood Mac are just a small part of the overall machine/Fleetwood Mac family. It’s never just the four to six members of the group.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2023, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I wonder that, too. I know Billy just recorded a new album with Mick, so I’d assume he was there.

I took that to mean friends, family, managers, assistants, mini-Mac…All of the wheels that keep Fleetwood Mac going. The actual members of Fleetwood Mac are just a small part of the overall machine/Fleetwood Mac family. It’s never just the four to six members of the group.
I noticed he said there was an immediate coming together of Fleetwood Mac when they heard Christine's life might be ending, which is a tragedy to think about.
Does that mean Stevie and Lindsey put their anger behind them to join together for Christine?
Old 01-13-2023, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I noticed he said there was an immediate coming together of Fleetwood Mac when they heard Christine's life might be ending, which is a tragedy to think about.
Does that mean Stevie and Lindsey put their anger behind them to join together for Christine?
One would assume.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2023, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Mm I wonder what he means by that. Probably once they had gotten the news that things were looking really bad, maybe they all started texting about the situation . Maybe a group chat to share info or their concern etc? I doubt Stevie ran to Lindsey's house or vice versa. But one would hope this would make them all see how ridiculous It is to hold grudges over stupid stuff.

--Lis
Old 01-13-2023, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Mm I wonder what he means by that. Probably once they had gotten the news that things were looking really bad, maybe they all started texting about the situation . Maybe a group chat to share info or their concern etc? I doubt Stevie ran to Lindsey's house or vice versa. But one would hope this would make them all see how ridiculous It is to hold grudges over stupid stuff.

--Lis
His use of "There was an immediate coming together" caught my eye. Like he was addressing that the focus isn't on a grudge, the only one is Stevie and Lindsey, and that we are all here as people who got to be on a team with Christine. But then Lindsey is not a band member.
For all we know, Lindsey and Stevie could have not even looked at each other or sent an email.
Old 01-13-2023, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I'm slightly doubtful that there was much interaction between Lindsey + Stevie. I'm betting they were able to sit in the same room together, maybe say hello, read their remarks and leave.

I could see Lindsey trying to extend the olive branch and be as nice as possible, but I can't see the ice thawing from camp Stevie. Perhaps I'm selling Stevie short, it's a guess as to how things went.

Also, somebody having a heart attack is a pretty clear signal that there is potential the Fleetwood Mac family was at risk of losing one of their own. Although it's debated exactly what their response was, I don't think anyone from the outside looking in got the impression they fell over themselves to wish Lindsey well. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

I also wonder if Stella went with Lindsey because Kristen was still upset about how they treated Lindsey and didn't want to go.

Back to the topic on hand, I am really glad to hear everyone attended.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-13-2023 at 03:25 PM..
Old 01-13-2023, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really think Lindsey has put his anger away and moved past the firing a long time ago.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really think Lindsey has put his anger away and moved past the firing a long time ago.
I have a feeling he wasn't permitted to approach Stevie at the service. In the photo by TMZ, Stevie was with Karen, Mary, and a guard.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a feeling he wasn't permitted to approach Stevie at the service. In the photo by TMZ, Stevie was with Karen, Mary, and a guard.
Possibly, or just as likely he didn’t even make an attempt to approach her. And if they did interact at all, I’m sure it was brief.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We’ll never know exactly what happened in that room, and it’s really not worth the effort to speculate. The only thing we know is that Stevie and Lindsey were able to put their differences aside enough to be in the same room to pay their respects to their fallen bandmate. That’s all that really matters.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2023, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
We’ll never know exactly what happened in that room, and it’s really not worth the effort to speculate. The only thing we know is that Stevie and Lindsey were able to put their differences aside enough to be in the same room to pay their respects to their fallen bandmate. That’s all that really matters.
True. I think this was an event space or venue rather than a room.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! It's funny, even Marty said the other day he still feels sad about chris...that he heard her music in some store and is starting to notice it more places. we've been divorced for like 15 or so years but i think all those years living with me and my insanity, john and chris got under his skin.

i know he's been trying to get some stuff back up and running in the discography section, too.

my 26 yr old daughter is like 'omg, you and dad are both being sucked back into all this fleetwood mac stuff!'

--Lis
I’m glad you have been “sucked back” into the band’s story and that you’ve returned to make some lovely, meaningful posts. Many of us missed you and we know we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you and Marty…
Old 01-13-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’m glad you have been “sucked back” into the band’s story and that you’ve returned to make some lovely, meaningful posts. Many of us missed you and we know we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you and Marty…
I second that. Truly great to see your Fleetwood/McVie blood running hot.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm glad it's helping you cope. This is why I came back to the ledge...because honestly her passing hit me very hard. i was surprised at how hard. and i needed to be here with people who get it, to help ME cope.

--Lis
And all of us old-timers cannot thank you enough!