The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2022, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Shouldn't Lindsey post something about Christine's passing - WTF!

Why doesn't he post something about her passing? I really like Lindsey but this is rubbing me the wrong way.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand either. I hope he is ok. Some believed his tuesday post was related to, but I don't think so, since it shows a young Lindsey picture. Doesn't make enough sense.

Each one faces their grief in a different way, so I won't judge. But it surprises me anyway.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't understand either. I hope he is ok. Some believed his tuesday post was related to, but I don't think so, since it shows a young Lindsey picture. Doesn't make enough sense.

Each one faces their grief in a different way, so I won't judge. But it surprises me anyway.
You know you are right. I bet there is something wrong with him to. He has had a lot of health problems and been near death.

You wqtch. Stevie and Mick, the two coke heads, will out live everyone.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m also surprised we haven’t heard from John.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-01-2022, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m also surprised we haven’t heard from John.
If John shares a written statement, I think it'll be shared to RollingStone. I have no recent memory of John in print press other than the RollingStone interview in 2018.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When Brett passed, Lindsey posted about him a week later. He’s probably just taking time to process and figure out what to say. Everyone grieves on a different timeline. If we don’t see anything from him a week from now, then I’d be worried.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He just did.
Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Seriously. No.
People grieve different ways. Making him run to twitter and typing words is insulting to think makes him care more. The people most devastated are usually silent at this time. Lindsey has had a horrific 2022. His tour was delayed because of Covid. Then it started and the whole band got Covid. Then it resumed and Brett passed. The band carried on with so many mysterious cancellations. As soon as his world tour ends Christine passes away. His marriage was on the rocks the year prior too. He does not need to tweet to justify to the world that he cares about Christine. Everyone knows the special bond they had.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
That is really heartbreaking.

Thank you for sharing this, HM.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Seriously. No.
People grieve different ways. Making him run to twitter and typing words is insulting to think makes him care more. The people most devastated are usually silent at this time. Lindsey has had a horrific 2022. His tour was delayed because of Covid. Then it started and the whole band got Covid. Then it resumed and Brett passed. The band carried on with so many mysterious cancellations. As soon as his world tour ends Christine passes away. His marriage was on the rocks the year prior too. He does not need to tweet to justify to the world that he cares about Christine. Everyone knows the special bond they had.
Yeah. I am glad Lindsey posted, but I most definitely don’t think John needs to say a single thing publicly. Not a thing.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s nothing to do with us how long it took him to find the right words to express his feelings. It’s a beautiful statement. You should probably delete this thread.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
He just did.
Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
It's not even that sentimental and it made me tear up. Very nice.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He just did.

wow, this is lightning fast for LB!

took a week for his words to become his social media posts after Brett's passing, similarly for Rick Turner. with his long standing tour manager becoming suddenly really sick too, this must have been a really hard year for LB. and i'm certain we don't even know the half of it.

both LB's daughters posted tributes / pics on their stories, and his wife shared LB's tribute.

and yes, John doesn't even have social media so i really don't get why would anyone expect him to post anything.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-01-2022, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Why doesn't he post something about her passing? I really like Lindsey but this is rubbing me the wrong way.
Lindsey is the polar opposite of Stevie. He takes time to internally process his thoughts and then speak just the right words (if at all...). Chris wouldn't expect anything less from him. That a message from him has been published this quickly is actually surprising to me.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, this is lightning fast for LB!

took a week for his words to become his social media posts after Brett's passing, similarly for Rick Turner. with his long standing tour manager becoming suddenly really sick too, this must have been a really hard year for LB. and i'm certain we don't even know the half of it.

both LB's daughters posted tributes / pics on their stories, and his wife shared LB's tribute.

and yes, John doesn't even have social media so i really don't get why would anyone expect him to post anything.
I also imagine John is devastated.