User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2022, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favourite of the Rumours 5 members and why

Hello all,

Long time no post for me. Nothing wrong, just been living a busy life!

Anyways, this has probably been done before, but not that I remember that well, so...

Who is your favourite Rumours 5 member and why? Did you used to have a different favourite member and it has now changed for some reason? Or do you love all 5 equally?

My favourite, as you may have guessed by my username, was Stephanie Lynn Nicks. But not anymore. Now, my favourite is John McVie - because he is possibly the only member who is not involved in the drama of firing Lindsey. I enjoyed the 2019 Australian Tour, but I really thinking the chief producer in the studio and long time lead guitarist should have been there. The way in which the band got rid of him was disgusting -- if it wasn't, they wouldn't have had to pay him a massive settlement payment for lost income.

But remember, at the time, John sent Lindsey an email saying "I am sorry but I am told I cannot talk to you." Reading that broke my heart. John is such a kind, gentle soul - and an amazing bass player. He is the only one left, besides maybe his ex-wife Christine McVie, who seems truly humble.

So my favourite is John. I hope he lives a long and happy life and enjoys spending time with his family in what is likely to be his retirement, now.

And you?

Thanks,

James

P.S. I'm in a band myself called JENS (our initials) and I know from that limited experience that it can be very painful when one or two members get a big head and think they are more important than the rest.

Last edited by secret love; 10-30-2022 at 11:39 AM..
Old 10-30-2022, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Long time no post for me.
Welcome back, James!

Quote:
Who is your favourite Rumours 5 member and why? Did you used to have a different favourite member and it has now changed for some reason? Or do you love all 5 equally?
I’m going to say that Mick is my favorite Fleetwood Macster. He’s one of the only drummers in music whose style I like. He plays the way he looks, too. He is enormously tall, lanky, and slightly hunched over. His size and body shape give him his playing style and puts him in the right position — angular — to snap that snare and knock that kick. Nobody else in music can play Angel or any of those shuffles (Don’t Stop, Stop Messin’ Round, Get Like You Used to Be) the way Mick does (or did).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-30-2022, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I vote for Chris. She has disappointed me in recent years but she IS Fleetwood Mac. I don't listen much to records prior to 1970. Every song she has recorded with the Mac is good. There are no duds IMHO. I like her grounded style and her Englishness. I always like to hear what she has to say. She has a wicked sense of humor and is pretty tough. I also think she had/has a great voice. Most importantly is I love her style of playing. This is why I like the album Behind The Mask because you hear her play keyboards so much on the album. Like Stevie's distinctive voice, her style of playing stands out. I love all her solo stuff too.
I give John an honorable mention. The quiet one who is just as instrumental to the band as Chris. Its his band after all.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:45 PM

Christine hands down my favorite. Love her songs, love her musicianship. Adore her personality.
Old 10-30-2022, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey

He elevated the talent of everyone in the band and led them to success with his vision and hard work.

Last edited by lbfan; 10-30-2022 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 10-30-2022, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine intrigues me the most — and her voice in its prime was so unique and exquisite. Then of course there’s the matter of her songwriting which, though unadventurous, is well-structured and melodically strong. Her songs sound right for her voice, which is quite unusual and therefore the perfect instrument for both pop ditties and moody, sexy ballads.

But you know what? Lindsey’s equally intriguing in different ways. And the rhythm section is killer. And Stevie’s voice in its prime was a wild thing. So, you know, all five…
Old 10-31-2022, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine has always been #1, even though she's a company shill when it comes to saving Lindsey or Bob Welch. She'll roll over for the company. I'll always love her, but she needs a spine transplant.

Lindsey is right behind her. HE IS the reason they achieved super stardom. His vision made them.

Mick and $tevie are pathetic liars.

John's okay in my book, but doesn't have much of a spine, either.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have to say….Mick and John.
They were there right at the formation.

Other members were introduced and employed in the 55 year history of the band.
Including Christine, Lindsey and Stevie.

The sound of Fleetwood Mac at separate stages in the long age of the band
owes Peter Green and Lindsey Buckingham much.
But Mick and John are Fleetwood Mac.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, the crowd loves that drama and tension. Yeah? That was what made Fleetwood Mac really popular
Meryl Streep quote. Ricky and the Flash.

No secret I became a Fleetwood Mac fan because of Gypsy/Stevie Nicks, and she could be (was) my favorite member. But right now I'd choose Christine McVie. Somehow I feel she is the most "Fleetwood Mac" member, I mean from a musical point of view, IMHO.

Though I have to say I still enjoy Stevie's and Lindsey's Mac songs. Am I upset with Stevie? Yes, but, though I stop listening Mac songs in 2018 after the fire (I was upset with the whole band actually), I am a Mac fan and still like that music, I started to listenig Fleetwood Mac again after one year.

Would it be right to burn Caravaggio paints because he killed a young man in 1606? I guess no. So after an upset period I started to enjoy Mac music, including Stevie's songs. After, Fleetwood Mac was over in 2018, and any lineup after that, I just don't give a damn.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
You know, the crowd loves that drama and tension. Yeah? That was what made Fleetwood Mac really popular
Meryl Streep quote. Ricky and the Flash.

No secret I became a Fleetwood Mac fan because of Gypsy/Stevie Nicks, and she could be (was) my favorite member. But right now I'd choose Christine McVie. Somehow I feel she is the most "Fleetwood Mac" member, I mean from a musical point of view, IMHO.

Though I have to say I still enjoy Stevie's and Lindsey's Mac songs. Am I upset with Stevie? Yes, but, though I stop listening Mac songs in 2018 after the fire (I was upset with the whole band actually), I am a Mac fan and still like that music, I started to listenig Fleetwood Mac again after one year.

Would it be right to burn Caravaggio paints because he killed a young man in 1606? I guess no. So after an upset period I started to enjoy Mac music, including Stevie's songs. After, Fleetwood Mac was over in 2018, and any lineup after that, I just don't give a damn.
I agree, I love most of Stevie’s songs and although I don’t care for her moral values these days….
I still love her songs and nothing will ever change that.
I just don’t care for her nowadays.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah ..Nicks is a mean old crone now. I used to worship her and I'll admit I still listen to the old stuff. She seemed infallible on record until she was 35 or so even if it was largely due to the efforts of others. So a lot of great music there and it was really something to have been a fan of Fleetwood Mac and Nicks back then.

Old 10-31-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah ..Nicks is a mean old crone now. I used to worship her and I'll admit I still listen to the old stuff. She seemed infallible on record until she was 35 or so even if it was largely due to the efforts of others. So a lot of great music there and it was really something to have been a fan of Fleetwood Mac and Nicks back then.
She truly used to know who she was.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She truly used to know who she was.
Once the solo career took off and she no longer heeded the checks and balances of working with the four others, she pretty much entered a fantasy world. By 1983, she left that earthier, grounded self in her rearview mirror.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Once the solo career took off and she no longer heeded the checks and balances of working with the four others, she pretty much entered a fantasy world. By 1983, she left that earthier, grounded self in her rearview mirror.
with a stiletto in her garter!
Old 11-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
with a stiletto in her garter!
along with everything else that she carries