Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey the Influencer

Jack Antonoff has been vociferous in his admiration of Lindsey’s production skills and in particular Tango in the Night. You can totally hear Lindsey inspired keyboards that sound plucked and guitars that sound like synths in the intro and first verse, and panning whisper and layered choral vocals in the first verse and chorus of Snow on the Beach on the new Taylor Swift album Midnights. Lots of Tango and Go Insane era sounds on this song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycE7bUq3-2k

Last edited by John Run; 10-25-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Old 10-26-2022, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep, I can definitely hear some Lindsey-inspired styles here.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2022, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Jack Antonoff has been vociferous in his admiration of Lindsey’s production skills and in particular Tango in the Night.[/url]
And fans are apparently commenting that "Lana Del Ray", who features on the song, is so buried in the mix you can't even tell whether she's actually on it. Definitely borrowing from Lindsey's Tango playbook there.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
And fans are apparently commenting that "Lana Del Ray", who features on the song, is so buried in the mix you can't even tell whether she's actually on it. Definitely borrowing from Lindsey's Tango playbook there.
Hi, I'm Lindsey. I often edit out the fantastic harmony voices of my colleagues and replace them with my own approximations of their vocals in a Brian Wilson-styled "chorale."

Hi, I'm Lindsey. Christine and I have a magical relationship, our jams just "sparkle off" but I tend to mix down or edit out her keyboards in the studio and (since 2014) live because automated and pre-recorded textures are the bomb.

LOVE Lindsey's studio albums and admire his production touches on many songs, but there are many moments where i shake my head and ask WTF? Why weren't Stevie and Christine present vocally (or even instrumentally) on most of his Tango songs? Why did he dub all the vocals himself on "Save Me a Place" when the live version of the song featuring all three leads clearly is more distinctive and pleasing to the ears? I feel the same about Eyes of the World.

And why is Christine not present on his songs from their BuckVie collaboration? Come on! And there was an extra song (from Christine) they didn't use, a song she "had high hopes for." Why not feature it? If he was concerned about equal representation of songs, then simply place one more of his own on there. Ugh.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 10-28-2022 at 02:04 PM..