User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
My partner and I flew from Broken Hill in outback Australia to Paris for the gig. I casually met this guy having a wander around Paris by himself, 5 days before the gig.

We had a great chat, I asked about his health and his family. Lindsey as always was warm, engaging and took the time to have a genuine 15 min chat with a fan. I explained where we had travelled from and what his music means to me personally since i was 12 years old.

He offered to take a photo and excitedly said "see you at the show!"

The day of the gig was a killer and still hurts; the reality of being a Lindsey fan in Australia is a ****ing nightmare. But alas, if he is healthy and wants to continue I want him to kill it. I figure someone in the band, if not Linds himself, caught covid and they have waited the 7 days required isolation period.

Lack of information is beyond rude and disrespectful but not shocking from Lindsey's team or should we say lack of team. It's a disaster and i'm sure he would be furious. But the UK tour has to go ahead in his mind at the sake of the continental Europe shows. He has lost so so so much money on this tour.

Good for both of you! I’m sure he was psyched to find such a devoted fan. And you must have been in Heaven. Or a Heaven equivalent.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Good for both of you! I’m sure he was psyched to find such a devoted fan. And you must have been in Heaven. Or a Heaven equivalent.
Amazing photo! I'm really glad Lindsey is well. It was giving me serious anxiety.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am thinking is not an illness issue. Maybe it's a matter of contracts, taxes, something like that.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think folks need to take a step back. I think frustrations from the last Euro tour combined with covid has really put people on edge.

1. Venues have already stated the cancellation was due to medical reasons - he doesn't have to provide any other details if he doesn't want to.

2. If it's a cold, nobody has a crystal ball to tell them if they are going to be well enough for the next show. That's probably the cause of the day to day cancellations. It sucks, but it's not really in his control.

3. Be mad at his PR all you want, but he's entitled to his privacy surrounding his medical issues. The same goes for anyone on his touring crew.

4. If a member of his touring crew did have something like covid and Lindsey had exposure to this person, it's not worth the risk for him to show up and do a solo show and potentially spread it to the rest of the staff/crew etc. Then the whole tour shuts down.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-28-2022 at 10:11 AM..
Old 09-28-2022, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, this situation is not exceptional in any way.

2001 - Stevie was sick and it was a day to day waiting game if the show that day was going to be cancelled etc.

2004 - Stevie was sick and it was day to day announcements of cancellations and postponements.
Old 10-02-2022, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is Lindsey okay? I’m super concerned.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraRhiannon View Post
Is Lindsey okay? I’m super concerned.
He's just canceled the remainder of Europe--I wonder if it's long Covid?
Old 10-02-2022, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
He's just canceled the remainder of Europe--I wonder if it's long Covid?
Honestly, I hope that’s all it is. His heart surgery troubles me!
Old 10-02-2022, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems really concerning to see the news today that he’s canceled the rest of his shows. I truly hope he’s okay but this is worrisome.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just hope it's not life threatening.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:35 AM
Ledgie

I think that this health issue shows-as well as a host of other reasons- why a 'Rumours 5 reunion' will not take place. Apart from anything else, you are talking about the possibilty of any of the five (at their age) becoming ill.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think people could be overreacting. There is a really stubborn cold going around that isn't covid. I've had family struggle with it for weeks, it just lingers on forever before actually clearing up. The Europe tour was not a long of a tour.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:53 AM

I believe it said medical reasons. I hope he's ok. It does give me anxiety. But, he was seen walking around so.... Here's hoping.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Yes when I read the tour was cancelled for health reasons it really worries me. Lindsey does not tour Europe often so you know he would do anything to keep going. So it really must be serious which is concerning.
I hope he can relax and recover from whatever it is. Even with the passing of Brett, he kept going. I really feel for him. This tour had so many road bumps from the early delays because of Covid, then the band got Covid, then Brett passed away, and now this.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-05-2022 at 11:58 AM..
Old 10-05-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes when I read the tour was cancelled for health reasons it really worries me. Lindsey does not tour Europe often so you know he would do anything to keep going. So it really must be serious which is concerning.
I hope he can relax and recover from whatever it is. Even with the passing of Brett, he kept going. I really feel for him. This tour had so many road bumps from the early delays because of Covid, then the band got Covid, then Brett passed away, and now this.
I really feel for him, too. This has been a rough few years for him.