Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Mysterious Lindsey Buckingham cancellations worry fans

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/i/...-bekymrer-fans

Mysterious Lindsey Buckingham cancellations worry fans

The Fleetwood Mac legend was actually supposed to play in Oslo tonight, for the first time as a solo artist. However, the concert has been cancelled, like the other shows he was supposed to hold in the last week.

THOMAS TALSETH
Published:
Updated less than 20 minutes ago

The 72-year-old's name is etched into rock history in block letters, following his bandleader role in Fleetwood Mac from 1975 to 1987, where hits abounded alongside a fabled rock'n'roll lifestyle.

"Rumours" from 1977 was in its time the world's best-selling record - and is still so popular that it remains on the album sales charts. (31st place in the UK and 43rd in the US at the time of writing.)

Since then, Buckingham has been active in the band intermittently - but in 2018 he was fired from the group, after what turned out to be one argument too many with the band's biggest star and Buckingham's ex-girlfriend, Stevie Nicks.

Since the early eighties, Buckingham has also been active as a solo artist, primarily in his native USA.

A week back he should have started his first ever solo tour in Europe. Tonight's planned concert at Folketeateret in Oslo was supposed to be the fifth in a row.

But so far none of the concerts have taken place. And so far, neither artist nor management has provided information about why Buckingham is cancelling.

- Have received instructions
Information about the cancellations has come discreetly from the venues.

Folketeateret in Oslo sent an SMS to ticket holders on Friday, informing them of the cancellation, without giving any reason.

A subsequent email to the audience states, on behalf of tour promoter Live Nation, that it is "due to illness".

- We have received instructions on what information should be passed on, says Martin Nielsen, chief promoter at Live Nation's Norwegian office.

He says that he cannot comment on the matter beyond this.

On Live Nation's Norwegian website , there is no trace of tonight's canceled concert, nor of other shows in Europe.

On the other hand, there are two concerts listed in the USA on 7 and 9 November.

In social media, fans are now expressing great concern over the silence from Buckingham himself and the apparatus around him. Some write that they did not find out about the cancellation until they got to the venue.

Photo: screenshot from Facebook

The concern is also linked to Buckingham's health history.

In 2019, he suffered a heart attack and had to undergo extensive surgery that affected his vocal cords. In autumn 2021, he was still back on stage, in the USA.

Photo: screenshot from Instagram

After the third European concert was canceled last week, a fan account reported on Twitter that it was crazy not to hear anything from Buckingham's device.

“They don't have to tell us EVERYTHING, but keeping things hidden from fans given his past health issues is pretty mean. Something vaguely reassuring is all we ask for," it said from there.

Buckingham's European tour was originally supposed to take place in the early summer. It was canceled at short notice.

Corona infection was given as the cause. Both Buckingham himself and others on the tour were affected by the virus, it was said in a message posted on his Instagram in May.

Buckingham has only played in Norway once before, in Oslo Spektrum with Fleetwood Mac in 2013.

Last year at this time he released his first solo album in ten years.

Published:
Published: 26.09.22 at 16:36
Updated: 26.09.22 at 17:04

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2022, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The tour will actually start this week though in Berlin, right?

I doubt Lindsey would even make a comment about cancelling shows at the Berlin show.

This is terrible for the fans who made travel plans or who live far from the venues.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I doubt Lindsey would even make a comment about cancelling shows at the Berlin show.

This is terrible for the fans who made travel plans or who live far from the venues.

The radio silence from his people is concerning. Last time he canceled, something was released. Given all his previous health issues, I really hope he's okay.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

nobody knows whether Berlin is on or off, since - no word from Lindsey. meanwhile he's walking around Berlin, so obviously he's alive and well enough for walks but not well enough to tell his PR team to draft a little statement and share what is going on.

yes, fans are travelling in from all over Europe all hopping on planes or trains or in cars in a few hours, not knowing if the show is happening or not. there are several people flying in from Spain, people coming from Denmark, Holland, all parts of Germany (which is a big country and Berlin is not exactly in the center of it!) etc etc.

if it's not LB that is sick (or not anymore), he could do a One Man Show for them (who am i kidding mr perfectionist would never do that however awesome it could be, especially now when he's completely set in his ways).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2022, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Lindsey was sick. I think it was a band member and Lindsey wanted to respect that person's medical privacy.

The European fans are owed big by Lindsey. I'd gather this is not economically smart, but I think he should postpone the fall US leg and play every show that was booked for Europe in May, June or September of this year in October and November 2022.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
if it's not LB that is sick (or not anymore), he could do a One Man Show for them (who am i kidding mr perfectionist would never do that however awesome it could be, especially now when he's completely set in his ways).
It’s too bad he’s as rigid as he is.

Other acoustic geniuses would just take the stage and do stripped down versions of their songs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2022, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Other acoustic geniuses would just take the stage and do stripped down versions of their songs.
He's fallen in love with tracks.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Agreed, but that’s not what people have paid to see and hear..
Old 09-27-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He's fallen in love with tracks.
Then play to a drum machine, but do something. Go up there and say a few words before each tune and play. Tickets to Europe are extremely expensive. It's just downright rude to cancel and not give a public reason. I'm not shocked but I feel this is disrespectful to fans who adore him and follow him to all corners of the earth.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nobody knows whether Berlin is on or off, since - no word from Lindsey. meanwhile he's walking around Berlin, so obviously he's alive and well enough for walks but not well enough to tell his PR team to draft a little statement and share what is going on.

yes, fans are travelling in from all over Europe all hopping on planes or trains or in cars in a few hours, not knowing if the show is happening or not. there are several people flying in from Spain, people coming from Denmark, Holland, all parts of Germany (which is a big country and Berlin is not exactly in the center of it!) etc etc.

that's NOT a good look if that's the case... you're there, you seem able to play, and yet.....comes across like you're stiffing your fans or at a minimum taking them for granted.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He may have dementia and is wandering around Berlin unattended.

Or he joined the Children of God.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-27-2022, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
He may have dementia and is wandering around Berlin unattended.

Or he joined the Children of God.
At least he isn’t hanging with the Hamburg jetset acid kids…
Old 09-27-2022, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
At least he isn’t hanging with the Hamburg jetset acid kids…
Anything would be better than hanging with $tevie.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:31 PM
justcrazylove
This message has been deleted by justcrazylove.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My partner and I flew from Broken Hill in outback Australia to Paris for the gig. I casually met this guy having a wander around Paris by himself, 5 days before the gig.

We had a great chat, I asked about his health and his family. Lindsey as always was warm, engaging and took the time to have a genuine 15 min chat with a fan. I explained where we had travelled from and what his music means to me personally since i was 12 years old.

He offered to take a photo and excitedly said "see you at the show!"

The day of the gig was a killer and still hurts; the reality of being a Lindsey fan in Australia is a ****ing nightmare. But alas, if he is healthy and wants to continue I want him to kill it. I figure someone in the band, if not Linds himself, caught covid and they have waited the 7 days required isolation period.

Lack of information is beyond rude and disrespectful but not shocking from Lindsey's team or should we say lack of team. It's a disaster and i'm sure he would be furious. But the UK tour has to go ahead in his mind at the sake of the continental Europe shows. He has lost so so so much money on this tour.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0107.jpg (96.4 KB, 129 views)
Old 09-27-2022, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
My partner and I flew from Broken Hill in outback Australia to Paris for the gig. I casually met this guy having a wander around Paris by himself, 5 days before the gig.

We had a great chat, I asked about his health and his family. Lindsey as always was warm, engaging and took the time to have a genuine 15 min chat with a fan. I explained where we had travelled from and what his music means to me personally since i was 12 years old.

He offered to take a photo and excitedly said "see you at the show!"
The way European fans (and those like you who have travelled literally to the other side of the globe) are being treated is a trainwreck, but this candid moment with Lindsey by the Seine is so awesome. No doubt he was thrilled that you had travelled so far.