Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buys Brentwood Estate

What's this old guy buying a $14 million house for? I thought this was a point in his life where he'd be downsizing. Well, congratulations. I hope he writes a song about the new home that will rival Big Love.

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham Buys Sumptuous Brentwood Park Estate

By Wendy Bowman

https://www.dirt.com/gallery/enterta...ghamhouse_bw1/

July 5, 2022 10:02 am PT

Having dreams of buying this elegant estate? Well, you can go on your own way, because former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and singer Lindsey Buckingham has just scooped up the place, paying $14 million in an off-market deal.

Located in the affluent Brentwood Park neighborhood, the estate was sold by Hollywood producer Lauren Shuler Donner — known for blockbuster films such as “Mr. Mom,” “Ladyhawke,” “St. Elmo’s Fire,” “Pretty in Pink,” “Dave,” “free Willy,” “You’ve Got Mail,” “Any Given Sunday” and every “X-Men” movie in the franchise — property records reveal. Donner paid $13 million for the house just seven months ago, back in November 2021.

Since the estate was never officially listed on the market, photos are scarce, but previous listings show the traditional brick structure was originally built in the 1930s and recently “upgraded with the finest materials, appliances and finishes.” Featured are four bedrooms and five baths sprawled across more than 5,000 square feet of single-story living space, all of it boasting rich hardwood floors, high wood-beam ceilings, crown molding, wainscoted walls, six fireplaces and numerous skylights.

Resting on a lushly landscaped lot spanning over a half-acre, and protected by gates, walls and security cameras, the house sports a detached three-car garage tucked discreetly off to the side, and accessible via a semi-circular driveway. There’s also a one-bedroom guesthouse with its own full bath.

Highlights include a skylit foyer, formal living and dining rooms, plus a gourmet kitchen outfitted with marble countertops, a center island, high-end stainless appliances, a breakfast nook and butler’s pantry with wine storage. Elsewhere is a wood-paneled library with built-in bookcases and a wet bar, along with an office space and a room that’s currently being used as a gym.

A posh master retreat offers a sitting area, walk-in closet, and luxe bath equipped with dual vanities, a soaking tub and glass-encased shower; and the amenities continue outdoors, where the grassy backyard hosts a covered terrace ideal for al fresco entertaining with a fireplace and built-in barbecue, as well as a pool and spa flanked by a sundeck.

Buckingham is hardly new to the high-end real estate game. Back in 2019, he sold a very custom compound elsewhere in Brentwood Park to WeWork vice chairman Michael Gross for $28 million. The year prior, he offloaded a $19 million Brentwood mansion to Disney Television Studios chairman Dana Walden. And back in 2005, financier Daniel G. Cohen paid him $19.5 million for a lavish hilltop compound in prime Bel Air.

The listing was held by Michelle Graci of The Beverly Hills Estates; Juliette Hohnen of Douglas Elliman repped the buyer.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Props for the writer for referencing Sad Angel]

Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham drops $20.6 million on Los Angeles mansion

https://www.nine.com.au/property/new...a-cc7d410e5c64

By James Robinson|2 days ago

Celebrity Homes property real estate USA Hollywood Fleetwood Mac
Lindsey Buckingham, lead guitarist and male lead singer of celebrated rock band Fleetwood Mac, has spent US$14 million on a lavish mansion in Los Angeles.

Lindsey Buckingham, guitarist and singer of celebrated rock band Fleetwood Mac, has spent US$14 million ($20.6 million) to secure a lavish mansion in Los Angeles.

Set over 2225 square metres of prime real estate in the affluent locale of Brentwood Park, the home exudes timeless style, indicative of its original 1934 construction.

Boasting four bedrooms, five bathrooms and an internal footprint of 511 square metres, the abode offers generous proportions, and we're not surprised Buckingham fell in Big Love with the home.

The home was constructed in 1934.

Although its construction isn't far from a century old, the house has been thoughtfully and tastefully modernised recently, with modern amenities that prioritise comfort and entertaining.

Features include a professional chef's kitchen with luxury appliances, a vast library replete with a wet bar and timber panels, a grand entrance foyer and a generous master suite.

Outside, there's a sizeable swimming pool flanked by a sumptuous-looking alfresco and lounge area, perfect for entertaining on warm summer evenings.

The large outdoor pool, alfresco and lounge area would be ideal for entertaining.

The professional chef's kitchen boasts a butler's pantry and luxury appliances.

Manicured grounds and established hedges and trees provide excellent privacy, and a modern security system throughout will ensure that no pesky paparazzi go unnoticed.

To the side of the main home, there's also an additional one-bedroom guest villa, as well as a detached three-car garage and a small but charming motor court.

Buckingham purchased the listing from movie producer Lauren Shuler Donner.

Donner hadn't owned the property long, though. According to Dirt.com, Shuler picked up the residence just last year, paying US$13 million ($19.1 million) at the time.

Although the rockstar has had to fork out an extra bit of cash to secure the property, with a net worth thought to be around $150 million, we're guessing Buckingham wasn't left feeling like a Sad Angel.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could he have bought it for Kristen?
Old 07-08-2022, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow- a million dollar profit in 7 months?!?
Old 07-08-2022, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh—these people and their purchases. I guess now we know how LB spent some of his I-sold-my publishing $.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Could he have bought it for Kristen?
That would be good news. That would seem to indicate that the marriage was on the mend. She certainly loves to decorate.

With their youngest child 18 now, I can't imagine the couple wanting a home that large, but I think Kristen has traditionally used their home as a showpiece for her decorating skills. So, that would track.

Or maybe LB found a new girlfriend who has a big family.

Michele
Old 07-09-2022, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 07-09-2022, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aha. Well that answers that.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well…. It depends if you mean bought it for her to renovate or to live in herself. I cannot imagine it’s a new house for THEM considering they just finished a years-long tear down /rebuild (down the street from the house they raised their kids in) that at least HE moved into and had his studio rebuilt in etc not long before Covid. :eek. Unclear whether she ever did…

She’s done several “spec” houses ie ones she remodels not for a specific client but with the hopes of finding one after she’s done with it (high end flipping).

He’s made fortunes investing in buying and selling LA real estate for decades. Not surprised he’s continuing to grow his fortune. He was always the most financially savvy of the bunch.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-09-2022 at 11:29 PM..
Old 07-10-2022, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think the house is lovely as is. But I'm glad if this means Mrs B won't be going to Santa Rosa, where nobody knows her.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Also, Lindsey and Kristen should do their own HGTV show.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think the house is lovely as is. But I'm glad if this means Mrs B won't be going to Santa Rosa, where nobody knows her.
I thought the same thing.... curious to see what it turns into.

Their last house (the one they lived in) they sold to the WeWork guy Money is money.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He’s made fortunes investing in buying and selling LA real estate for decades. Not surprised he’s continuing to grow his fortune. He was always the most financially savvy of the bunch.
Not sure why you think Lindsey has always been the most financially savvy of the bunch- I mean, except for Mick, they’ve all appeared to be financially savvy in the sense that they’re doing very well. And considering he paid a million dollars more for a house than the previous owner paid, and less than 7 months later, that doesn’t appear to be financially savvy. Nothing wrong with that because he’s got the money, and if that’s what it takes to keep his marriage together, it’s worth it but still…
Old 07-11-2022, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Not sure why you think Lindsey has always been the most financially savvy of the bunch- I mean, except for Mick, they’ve all appeared to be financially savvy in the sense that they’re doing very well. And considering he paid a million dollars more for a house than the previous owner paid, and less than 7 months later, that doesn’t appear to be financially savvy. Nothing wrong with that because he’s got the money, and if that’s what it takes to keep his marriage together, it’s worth it but still…
not sure where you are, but here on the West Coast, this is typical of the real estate markets. Especially the high-end markets. If he bought it to sell, watch how many more millions he sells it for.

As for the rest, Stevie has admitted to how many millions over the years she's wasted on drugs and partying and paying for her posse to travel the world with her. Also, she gave away the rights to many of her songs, so those royalties weren't going to her. Besides Silver Springs (to her mom) for example, she gave at least some if not all right to Sara away (to Hernan I think, maybe others) and she's given rights to multiple other songs to various friends and family. Now, this was in the years before she went solo and got people like Howard Kaufman and Irving in her life. But many of the songs that should have sustained her financially through life are sustaining other people.

Christine made lots of money, but she also had to live off that money for almost 15 years with no new income coming in. And she spent a huge amount of her cash on totally renovating her giant estate in Kent (she's talked about how extensive the renovations were) and has had to recoup those expenditures in recent years going on tour and selling her catalog.

No idea what John's finances are, but seems like his pile of money isn't quite as big as some of the others (no songwriting royalties etc). No slight to him, he seems fine with what he's got.

Listen, I don't feel bad for any of them, least of all Mick.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-11-2022 at 09:11 AM..
Old 07-11-2022, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
not sure where you are, but here on the West Coast, this is typical of the real estate markets. Especially the high-end markets. If he bought it to sell, watch how many more millions he sells it for.

As for the rest, Stevie has admitted to how many millions over the years she's wasted on drugs and partying and paying for her posse to travel the world with her. Also, she gave away the rights to many of her songs, so those royalties weren't going to her. Besides Silver Springs (to her mom) for example, she gave at least some if not all right to Sara away (to Hernan I think, maybe others) and she's given rights to multiple other songs to various friends and family. Now, this was in the years before she went solo and got people like Howard Kaufman and Irving in her life. But many of the songs that should have sustained her financially through life are sustaining other people.

Christine made lots of money, but she also had to live off that money for almost 15 years with no new income coming in. And she spent a huge amount of her cash on totally renovating her giant estate in Kent (she's talked about how extensive the renovations were) and has had to recoup those expenditures in recent years going on tour and selling her catalog.
Sounds like the west coast is the best place to own real estate!

I think financially savvy in all these cases may be subjective, anyway. I suspect Steve has made the most money out of all of them, with her solo albums selling the most, especially in the 80s when album sales were a thing LOL, so in theory she could ‘blow’ more money and still be financially savvy. Also, I think there’s something to be said for being generous and signing over rights to certain songs to friends or family- I had never heard that but I accept what you said as truth. I mean, that’s not something I would have expected from anyone, let alone Stevie. And Christine doesn’t have kids, so spending a large amount of money on her home sounds savvy to me, she’s basically doing what Lindsey is doing- who’s to say she won’t sell her home at some point for a huge profit.

Anyway, I hope you know I’m not being argumentative- I just don’t necessarily agree there’s enough evidence to say that Lindsey is the most financially savvy of them all, any more than I would say Stevie is, or Christine is.