The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was inevitable, but still so heartbreaking. I am glad he was touring until the end because that’s obviously the way he wanted it.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ve skipped a lot of live Mac related stuff in the last decade. Really glad now I was able to see Brett in his last tour with Lindsey. The tour supported a beautiful album, and it demonstrated the beauty of loyalty. Really sorry to hear this, for me me as a fan, for Brett and his loved ones, for Lindsey, and for those here who knew him or appreciated him.

As for Stevie, this just really brings home the finality of her decisions.

Let’s pray for redemption.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 06-20-2022 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-20-2022, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I’ve skipped a lot of live Mac related stuff in the last decade. Really glad now I was able to see Brett in his last tour with Lindsey. The tour supported a beautiful album, and it demonstrated the beauty of loyalty. Really sorry to hear this, for me me as a fan, for Brett and his loved ones, for Lindsey, and for those here who knew him or appreciated him.

Hoping to see something said about this fine gentleman by someone from FM--RIP Brett. Thoroughly enjoyed our brief "chat" in NY last year.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Yet even when Lindsey himself almost died and had potentialy life-altering post-surgey complications, all Stevie managed to was send a terse note commanding that he get better. Her media gang-up with Azoff upon the miraculous release and tour of Lindsey's album post-surgery actually doubled down on her 2018 rhetoric rather than moderate or revise it. All the evidence to date suggests she would only get within a square mile of Lindsey if it meant she could do the crackhead dance on his grave. But yes, redemption would be nice.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yet even when Lindsey himself almost died and had potentialy life-altering post-surgey complications, all Stevie managed to was send a terse note commanding that he get better. Her media gang-up with Azoff upon the miraculous release and tour of Lindsey's album post-surgery actually doubled down on her 2018 rhetoric rather than moderate or revise it. All the evidence to date suggests she would only get within a square mile of Lindsey if it meant she could do the crackhead dance on his grave. But yes, redemption would be nice.
Well, he tried throwing them under the bus. Incidentally, whatever happened to the Mick-Lindsey reconciliation? Haven’t heard a word since.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-20-2022, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, he tried throwing them under the bus. Incidentally, whatever happened to the Mick-Lindsey reconciliation? Haven’t heard a word since.
The last I heard Mick speak about Lindsey publicly, which may have been his latest interview was in February:
“I’ll just say it… Stevie and Lindsey, I don’t think certainly, are resolved fully, and I wish they were, I visualize those moments as the years trickle by somehow. But I truly, somewhat sadly think that that will go into the rainbow somewhere and never really change. But there you go.”
Old 06-20-2022, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The last I heard Mick speak about Lindsey publicly, which may have been his latest interview was in February:
“I’ll just say it… Stevie and Lindsey, I don’t think certainly, are resolved fully, and I wish they were, I visualize those moments as the years trickle by somehow. But I truly, somewhat sadly think that that will go into the rainbow somewhere and never really change. But there you go.”
Which was well before Lindsey’s interview that Stevie and Irving responded to. It’s been radio silence since.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-21-2022, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Which was well before Lindsey’s interview that Stevie and Irving responded to. It’s been radio silence since.
No it was not. Lindsey's interview was in Sept of 2021. Mick's was in February of 2022
Old 06-21-2022, 07:08 AM
Ledgie

I am saddened to learn of the passing of Brett. Brett's contribution to Fleetwood Mac, Mick, Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine in the span of 30 years speaks for itself.

Brett had health issues recently. He missed the start of Lindsey's present tour. Unfortunately, those issues may have been related to a cancer that was advanced in progression.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bekka made a comment about Brett's passing.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (30.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-23-2022, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

obituary from the Times shared by one of our own (thanks so much nodmod!) - https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...40942580790037

also, some many other band and crew members shared social media posts, some examples:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-23-2022, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So sad to read this...It comes in a very special moment in my life too, so I take it very very sadly...
As for what I knew, Brett was a very close man to Lindsey, I remember always the little band with Neale, Taku and him, only four musicians and they made incredible things!! How they rocked it!!
As Lindsey said, he was a very complete musician, and we always saw it on stage, with Lindsey, with Stevie Nicks, with Fleetwood Mac.
Still can't believe it, and I guess I already won't.
My love to his family, and of course to the whole FM family. What a great man he was!
RIP Brett.

Last edited by moon; 06-23-2022 at 07:48 PM..
Old 06-27-2022, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-28-2022, 06:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Rick Springfield dedicated a segment to Brett Tuggle on Sirius XM's 80s on 8, where Springfield played songs by bands Tuggle played with (David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Steve Lukather [they played a Toto track instead], Steven Tyler, and Springfield himself). I only caught 30 minutes of the segment, and surprisingly didn't hear them play a Fleetwood Mac song. Springfield was also very complimentary of Tuggle, placing special emphasis on his vocals, even comparing them to Paul McCartney's at one point.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wasn't sure if Lindsey would make a social media post about Brett's passing. Lindsey has seemingly been reluctant to use social media when it comes to his personals life, particularly regarding family and friends. It was nice to read and it was written succinctly without using any Lindseyisms. I believe he is the only member of Fleetwood Mac to publicly acknowledge Brett's death.

As for who may replace him on a Lindsey tour, my inclination is that he won't be replaced. Mike Kianka can always add one more Keyboard to his rig. We all know technology can sub for players, so much of the instrumental parts he was responsible for will continue to be heard. I actually think where he will be missed most, links back to what Rick Springfield mentioned. Brett was a very good singer and his high range sang above and / or fattened Lindsey's leads a lot in both FM and solo performances. Let's face it, one less touring musician also reduces the costs, especially when taking the show overseas. J