The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey's European tour has been cancelled...

EDIT: That should say 'postponed', not 'cancelled'.

Ah well:

https://twitter.com/LBuckingham/stat...wBFWsZyGjTlV9w

I hope he's OK. This is the second time he's had a show at the Palladium cancelled - fingers crossed for a rescheduling soon.

Last edited by tango87; 05-12-2022 at 10:50 AM..
Old 05-12-2022, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
EDIT: That should say 'postponed', not 'cancelled'.
can mods fix this? otherwise it's misleading.

i really really hope them touring for almost a week while sick does not have consequences for Lindsey and other members of his touring party long term, and that they all can recuperate.

and that they actually manage to find and schedule postponed dates and people can hold on to their tickets, because this sucks so bad for everyone involved. like Lindsey Buckingham album, hopefully 3rd time will be a charm (although didn't work for Beale, that one seems jinxed for him too).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2022, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tpone-1352333/

Lindsey Buckingham Postpones European Tour as He Recovers From Covid
Musician tested positive at the end of April, as his North American tour came to a close

By JON BLISTEIN

lindsey buckingham covid-19 tour dates postponelindsey buckingham covid-19 tour dates postpone
Lindsey Buckingham performing in April 2022.

Scott Dudelson/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham has postponed his European tour as he continues to recover from a recent bout with Covid-19.

Per a note on his Instagram Stories, Buckingham contracted Covid-19 towards the end of his North American tour back in April. Buckingham was forced to cancel the remaining shows on that leg of the tour, though at the time it was announced, it was only revealed that members of his touring party had tested positive.

Buckingham’s European run was scheduled to begin next week, but the note says “he’s still recovering and has no choice but to move the upcoming tour to a later date.” The statement continues: “This is heartbreaking for Lindsey, he was so excited to come to Europe for the first time as a solo artist this spring.”

Buckingham is working on rescheduling the shows and he plans to announce further details soon.

Last year, Buckingham released a self-titled album that marked his seventh solo effort and first since 2011’s Seeds We Sow. In 2017 he partnered with his former Fleetwood Mac bandmate Christine McVie for a record as well, Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie. Lindsey Buckingham is also the musician’s first record since he was dismissed from Fleetwood Mac in 2018.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2022, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/lin...medium=twitter

Lindsey Buckingham’s first European tour as a solo artist postponed due to Covid
By Matt Owen published 26 minutes ago

The 11-date tour, due to commence next week, will be rescheduled after the Fleetwood Mac icon and members of his team contracted the virus

Lindsey Buckingham performing live
(Image credit: Scott Dudelson/Getty Images)
Lindsey Buckingham has announced that his upcoming European tour has been postponed, after the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and members of his crew contracted Covid-19.

Buckingham, along with the other ill crew members, was exposed to the virus near the end of his North American tour, which was also canceled as a result of the outbreak.

The tour would’ve marked Buckingham’s first headlining tour of Europe as a solo artist, following the release of his first solo album in 10 years last fall.

A statement posted to Buckingham’s social media account read, “It is with great sadness that we are announcing the postponement of Lindsey’s European tour which had been due to begin next week.

“Along with other members of his band and crew, Lindsey contracted Covid-19 at the end of his latest North American tour, forcing that to end prematurely,” it continued. “Unfortunately he’s still recovering and has no choice but to move the upcoming tour to a later date.

“This is heartbreaking for Lindsey, he was so excited to come to Europe for the first time as a solo artist this spring. We’re currently working on rescheduling the dates and hope to have some news to share on that very soon.”

The tour was meant to begin next Tuesday (May 17) at The Helix in Dublin, Ireland, and was scheduled to conclude on June 2 at Denmark’s Heartland Festival.

Throughout the 11-date stint around the continent, Buckingham would’ve also played at Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Ghent and Oslo.

For more information about rescheduled tour dates, head over to Buckingham’s website.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/linds...vid-19-3224192

Lindsey Buckingham postpones UK and European tour after contracting COVID-19

"This is heartbreaking for Lindsey, he was so excited to come to Europe for the first time as a solo artist"

By
Sam Moore
12th May 2022
Lindsey Buckingham

Lindsey Buckingham performs onstage at the Lobero Theatre on April 15,
2022 in Santa Barbara, California. (Picture: Scott Dudelson/Getty Images)

Lindsey Buckingham has postponed his upcoming UK and European tour after he and members of his live band and crew recently contracted COVID-19.

The former Fleetwood Mac musician had been due to kick off his solo tour in Dublin on Tuesday (May 17), with further dates booked in Glasgow, Liverpool and London.

READ MORE: Lindsey Buckingham – ‘Lindsey Buckingham’ review: Fleetwood Mac visionary’s stellar return

Buckingham has now been forced, however, to postpone those dates as he continues his recovery from COVID-19, which also forced the premature end of his recent North American tour.

“It is with great sadness that we are announcing the postponement of Lindsey’s European tour,” a statement posted on the musician’s social media channels this afternoon (May 12) reads.

“Along with other members of his band and crew, Lindsey contracted COVID-19 at the end of his latest North American tour, forcing that to end prematurely.

“Unfortunately, he’s still recovering and has no choice but to move the upcoming tour to a later date.”

The statement adds: “This is heartbreaking for Lindsey, he was so excited to come to Europe for the first time as a solo artist this spring.”

The affected tour dates, which you can see below, are set to be rescheduled, with Buckingham’s team “hoping to have some news to share on that very soon”.

May
17 – The Helix, Dublin, Ireland
19 – SEC Armadillo, Glasgow
21 – Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool
22 – London Palladium, London
24 – Capitole, Ghent, Belgium
25 – La Cigale, Paris, France
26 – TivoliVredenburg Grote Zaal, Utrecht, Netherlands
28 – Theater am Potsdamer Platz, Berlin, Germany
30 – Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden
31 – Folketeateret, Oslo, Norway

June
2 – Heartland Festival, Kværndrup, Denmark

Last edited by elle; 05-12-2022 at 01:51 PM..
Old 05-12-2022, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How unfortunate. I’m sure he and the guys were really looking forward to the European tour leg. As far as we know, then, only Lindsey and his drummer have been sick? And no further word on Brett?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-12-2022, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
How unfortunate. I’m sure he and the guys were really looking forward to the European tour leg. As far as we know, then, only Lindsey and his drummer have been sick? And no further word on Brett?
Lindsey, Urbano, number of the crew members have been all sick. if you recall, they all travelled on tour buses together, and this latest variant seems to be spreading like a wildfire, with rapid tests picking it up only after people are well symptomatic and think they have unrelated cold or flu.

Brett was not on tour with them.

Old 05-12-2022, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as it sucks on one level, given his age and his recent medical history (heart) I'm glad he's going to take care of his health rather than push on.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I pray Lindsey and the tour family heals.

I felt the tour shouldn't have went on without Brett, but shows should've been cancelled before April 28 (Tysons, Virginia) if Lindsey was showing symptoms. That's shameful whoever decided to keep the band on the road.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I felt the tour shouldn't have went on without Brett, but shows should've been cancelled before April 28 (Tysons, Virginia) if Lindsey was showing symptoms. That's shameful whoever decided to keep the band on the road.
well, bands and artists perform sick all the time. "the show must go on" remember? so they power through thinking it's just a bad cold and will go away. they didn't know it was covid, as soon as they got positive results they cancelled.

Old 05-12-2022, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Do you know how many people's livelihoods depend on this? They blocked off however many months of work, to depend on this income. Perhaps insurance covers it? IDK.

On With The Show, indeed.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you know how many people's livelihoods depend on this? They blocked off however many months of work, to depend on this income. Perhaps insurance covers it? IDK.

On With The Show, indeed.
It's a pandemic. We were told if we are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms stay home and test. If I feel unwell, should I perform and give my colleagues COVID-19 or spread it amongst the audience?

If Lindsey was going to the side of the stage after a song or "coughing" during his vocals, shouldn't that have been a sign? There are some rough vocals from him in the Ithaca and Keswick videos on YouTube.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's a pandemic. We were told if we are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms stay home and test. If I feel unwell, should I perform and give my colleagues COVID-19 or spread it amongst the audience?
You raise valid points. For my job, when I go to a different facility, visitors are still asked if you have any symptoms, have you been traveling, and temperature is taken. If you answer yes to any of the questions or have a temperature, you’re not allowed in. And my workplace would certainly make me stay at home. I understand the theory behind not wanting to cancel a concert, or several concerts, but like you said, there’s a pandemic going on! These are not normal times. The experts all say singing helps transmit the virus even more so, so it’s dangerous not just for the band but for the audience as well. Lindsey definitely did the right thing postponing the rest of his tour.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and i will say it again since looks like you didn't see it and so you keep stating they should have done exactly what they apparently did (i.e., tested till it turned out positive):

Quote:
If Lindsey was going to the side of the stage after a song or "coughing" during his vocals, shouldn't that have been a sign? There are some rough vocals from him in the Ithaca and Keswick videos on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, bands and artists perform sick all the time. "the show must go on" remember? so they power through thinking it's just a bad cold and will go away. they didn't know it was covid, as soon as they got positive results they cancelled.
meanwhile tons of people go around unchecked, never test, think they just have a really really bad cold and keep spreading it. the only reason all these performers find out they actually have covid and not just a really bad cold / flu is because they constantly test. and it seems that with these latest variants, rapid tests take a few days since the start of symptoms to pick it up.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and i will say it again since looks like you didn't see it and so you keep stating they should have done exactly what they apparently did (i.e., tested till it turned out positive):

meanwhile tons of people go around unchecked, never test, think they just have a really really bad cold and keep spreading it. the only reason all these performers find out they actually have covid and not just a really bad cold / flu is because they constantly test. and it seems that with these latest variants, rapid tests take a few days since the start of symptoms to pick it up.
Even if I test negative while feeling symptoms of COVID-19, I shouldn't be going to a concert as an attendee or as a performer because there's a chance days later I could be positive, and I've just spent days spreading it.

I am trusting science and practice and not political philosophy.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even if I test negative while feeling symptoms of COVID-19, I shouldn't be going to a concert as an attendee or as a performer because there's a chance days later I could be positive, and I've just spent days spreading it.
i don't know, it's really nuanced these days. good thing is we got vaccines and treatments now. and current variants do seem to stay in upper respiratory tract, instead of immediately moving to the lungs. and even in non-pandemic times, if you have a cold/flu, and can afford to you should work from home and not go into office and spread it around. of course, many people on many jobs don't have that luxury.

what exactly are symptoms of covid? they start the same as allergies or cold, and if it is covid and you are lucky, that might be all you have. bunch of people i know keep telling me they have symptoms of cold or allergies this spring. and most don't test, unless they know they've been exposed and maybe not even then. if you have to go to work, many people cough and sneeze, and most places don't require masks anymore. most just chuck it to spring allergies, or more viruses spreading now when everyone is unmasked, that masks used to stop.

and there are many people who have no symptoms whatsoever and yet when they get tested they turn out positive.

remember White House Correspondents Dinner? and Trevor Noah's remarks? "people what are you doing? you know better! this sh*t spreads like crazy!"

everyone there was vaxxed and boosted and tested negative that day, their temperature checked etc etc. and for 10 days now one by one bunch of people who were there tested positive.

that said, i do agree that if you have some cold symptoms and you are planning to go to a show with bunch of people, might be good idea to test and make sure you don't spread it. but most of the US is free-for-all right now. no masks on planes and other transport is really not helping at all either. when i went to see LB in Ohio last month, i was the only person in my hotel wearing a mask. most people pretend it's gone. of course others who were lucky it didn't touch them pretend it never even existed. and performers keep testing.

mods feel free to remove this if needed - considering unfortunately science, disease and treatments were made political in the last few years, and nobody even attempts to understand the nuances of science and medicine.